We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should survivors get signals (emotes?) on hook.

Options
Azurlynx
Azurlynx Member Posts: 222

One that means: Killer is camping, so do gens.

Seconds one: Help, nobody is coming.

Should survivors get signals (emotes?) on hook. 30 votes

Yes.
50%
PandomkodiakyJacoby2041TheLegendDyl4n1Micheal_MyersElkCJsDBDAzurlynxKarl_ChildersBoosted_DwightAvilgusAhoyWolfForceful_SporkGorgonDorgon[Deleted User] 15 votes
No.
50%
BossGibberishTeambossFlozeDaddyTrappersGirlMegaWaffleOMagic_ManO[Deleted User]musstang62HudsonDr_Loomisoh_0kgaydavidkingRezblazeLordRegalBloodwidow 15 votes

Comments

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options
    No.

I say no because there’s a perk that does both of those things already: Kindred. I love that perk as a solo survivor, and its functions go beyond those two emotes. Adding the emotes would take out 2 of its 3 functions.

• Azurlynx
    Options
  • LordRegal
    Options
    No.

Absolutely not. Kindred is an extremely powerful perk if you’re not SWF. It effectively enables swf level coordination when you’re hooked. It’s 100% worth the perk slot for me, and I think the fact I find it to be such a core perk as a solo survivor proves it should remain a perk, not be in basekit.

SWF breaks the game via voice comms since the game isn’t balanced around that level of communication. No need to make it busted every single game for every single hook.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes.

Absolutely. It seriously makes no sense that the hooked survivor can know the exact whereabouts of the killer, and be able to do or say nothing. It’s stupid. If not an emote (the silly waving arms thing does NOT count), then maybe some sort of thing like Ghostface where if you look directly at the killer within x meters his aura lights up or something. It would be the equivalent of the survivor simply saying “he’s right there!!”

• LordRegal
    Options
    No.

You want it as a base thing. How does that NOT make it a good perk?

• Azurlynx
    Options
    Yes.

I don't remember writing it's bad perks, it's great perks, but I don't wana use up slot for it.

• LordRegal
    Options
    No.

Then you don’t get the benefit. Simple as that. Just like I wouldn’t mind Decisive Strike but I don’t use teachable perks and I play Bill, so I don’t get it. Don’t see me asking to make Decisive base kit.

It’d be like asking for BBQ to be base kit for killers.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
    No.

I don't see a right or wrong here.

I prefer playing solo and not having all this information freely given BUT if they truly are going to balance the game with SWF as a core feature (an incredibly long way to go still) then I see it making no difference.

Back in the day it use to be that you only lifted your hands "quick taps of the unhook button" to show the killer was close or camping, now people just do it whenever they feel like it.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options
    No.

Emotes for being specifically on the hook? No. More emotes than just 'come here' and 'over there'? Yes. I would love to see them implement like a non-voice chat related communication wheel like overwatch with preset lines like "heal me", "come here", or even something like a ping system where you can point to gens or hooks instead of just in a general direction

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No.

Having a hook halfway through their torso is probably reason enough to not think straight.

People tend not to think or act logically when in agonizing pain, who knew?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes.

Yet they have the ability to attempt, and occasionally succeed at pulling themselves off that hook. But we are going to go the realistic route when it comes to simply signaling the killer is there? I guess!

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No.

While we're at it, why don't we have Mori'd survivors point out the Killer location while spectating?

Better yet, lets have the Survivor's ghost emote at other survivors where the Killer is.

Or, would that be too unrealistic?

Its not like there's perks specifically made to figure out where the killer is or anything.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Yes.

The emote I want is a flip off emote that literally puts out a middle finger emoticon if someone purposely leaves you hooked.

And yes ik this could be taken as mean but it gets extremely irritating.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    No.

The current emotes exist cause you could pretty much only point & beckon if you had a Flashlight or Glass Bead.

Everyone can spam M1 or not spam M1, and 99/100 people will know what that means.

That said, if they absolutely want to add an emote specifically for that, i'll just shrug my shoulders and say: "K."

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options
    No.

Not on the hook no.

• Forceful_Spork
    Forceful_Spork Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Yes.

It would further bridge the gap between Solo Survivors and Survive With Friends.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options
    No.

That's much to powerful. Then you can directly add an ingame chat or buttons for everything. You should not be able to get an advantage on your aura being shown when you are hooked.

You anyway can wave your arms at the hook, that's much enough of info.

I would more like to see some other movements for survivors other than just pointing and waving. Actually just for the memes. Or do you think that will "inbalance" this balanced game, because this aswell could be missused.