Tips on how to safely run WGLF (also applies to tome challenges)

Options
Lost_in_the_Fog
Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

I know it's tempting to run WGLF for the BP bonus but I believe a lot of people don't know how to correctly use it. (This also applies for people going for safe unhook tome challenges.) You can usually tell who they are because they take off running as soon as someone is hooked. It took me a little time to learn how to best use this perk and I'd like to share some advice.

1. Don't expect to get 4 stacks every match. I know it's tempting to go for every rescue but more often than not you're going to run into trouble if you immediately head to the hook without a plan.

2. Don't abandon other objectives when someone is hooked. If you are working on a gen that's 75% complete, finish the gen please! I can't tell you how many times I get hooked and see multiple survivors abandon gens and start running for me from different directions. Oof!

3. Learn to be bold, not stupid. This takes a lot of practice. I know this from personal experience. If you are going for the rescue and the killer is nearby, hide until you have an opportunity. NEVER pull someone off a hook in front of the killer unless you can take a hit for them and both can escape. A lot of tunneling happens because of unsafe altruism.

4. Don't forget about taking a hit for another survivor. Expecting to get all your stacks only by safe unhooks is unrealistic. Learn how to safely take a hit and the stacks will come. It's scary, yes! But it's much safer than unhooking in front of the killer.

5. Embrace altruism during End Game Collapse. I've only recently started to get good at this. But if you're at full health and a hooked survivor is near an open gate you're in a good position. You can unhook them, take a protection hit, and both escape while earning 2 stacks. Woo hoo!

I am a fairly low rank player (13) and far from an expert. Just wanted to share what helped me with any newer players. One last thing, running bond until you're more comfortable pulling off some of these plays is really helpful too. Good luck in the fog!

Comments