We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should the Dev's remove the perk kindred and make it something that everyone already has?

Options
TheLegendDyl4n1
TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

this would help people like me who almost always run solo and get to struggle because no one is coming to save me until someone else gets injured half the time.

Should the Dev's remove the perk kindred and make it something that everyone already has? 32 votes

Yes, they should remove kindred and make it something every survivor has.
78%
Mc_HartyPandomTastyTooKoolFoUJetTheWaffleCatGamer000h_DoctorarslaNTATAHARAMBEJacoby2041TheLegendDyl4n1Dolphin9192TragicSolitudeAzurlynxozu1MedicSpirit7AwakeyAhoyWolfRydogpichumudkip 25 votes
No, they should allow SWF's to have the advantage over solo players.
21%
FibijeanMegaWaffleRaptorrotasOMagic_ManOGrootDudeNyaren_ChanLordRegal 7 votes

Comments

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Run Kindred and you don’t have to worry about not having it as base kit.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited November 2019
    Options

a player shouldn't be forced to run a perk to counter a certain killer, killer perk, or SWF's ability to communicate threw voice-chat.

• LordRegal
    Options

Survivors don’t need to counter swf though?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

solo survivors are at a huge disadvantage to SWF groups who have the advantage of being able to communicate threw voice-chat, this is one of the many problems in the game.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

The devs have already stated that Kindred is not going to become base kit back in the Freddy rework Livestream. :l

• LordRegal
    Options

Swf is overpowered, the game is not balanced around them. Giving everyone their power on hook without it costing a perk slot is completely broken.

• Azurlynx
    Azurlynx Member Posts: 222
    Options

Hello Bill, I see we meet again.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Your vote choices are worded in a really insistently loaded way. That said, yes, this should be a base kit thing. There's no good reason why it isn't.

• Tasty
    Tasty Member Posts: 33
    Options

I think you shouldn't be able to see your friends (the survivors) - that's what Kindred is for. But seeing the Killer when he is within 12m range of a hooked survivor sound fair!

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Boosted Dwight is Right.

Plus this change is not needed.

Literally run kindred. You aren't going to be at a disadvantage if you aren't in a SWF group. Yes it could be nice knowing literally everything in the game. But guess what that would put the killer at an EXTREME disadvantage meaning, to combat kindred being base kit NOED would soon become base kit to the killer because of this change to balance out the game if this change was to be introduced.

So while you SWF Solos have Kindred, the Killer would still be able to be efficient at their job. And guess who would be complaining about it? You, and everyone else who wanted kindred to become base kit.

These types of changes have consequences to both sides. And I listed both about this "change"

Both being:

-SWF and Solos can tell literally what's being done and what should be done.

-The Killers would get a huge buff to combat this change since gen speeds would be through the roof at points in the match. (Maybe not a NOED base kit but it could be worse...)

You just have to think things through, that's probably why the Dev's already said no to this change.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

i could agree to that, make it to where the killer's aura is shown if they are in a 16 meter range to the hook, this could be tweaked.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I prefer to play solo and don't like having everything given freely to me. It really takes the feeling of "survival/fear" away. However this game lost that feeling ages ago so I honestly don't care anymore.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited November 2019
    Options

No.

Also it would make perks like Bond, Empathy or Aftercare useless while someone's on the hook. I'm not a fan of rework ideas or changes like this that "fix" one thing and screw up five more.

And the 'SWF advantage over solo players issue' is something that goes way beyond than knowing or not knowing the location of your teammates while someone's on the hook.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Neither.

Kindred should remain as it is and SWF should either be made a seperate mode or an optional toggle for Killers.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

Honestly I prefer if they know whether or not the killer is nearby rather than just crouch around not doing gens.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,209
    Options

Aura reading is one of the strongest tweaks possible in the solo-cwf debate (it combines current action plus location, is instant etc)

Though funny you worded the poll like "vote yes or you're worse than hitler"

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

I find the " Poll " way too biased toward " Yes ". I would never say that solo players should be punished for being such. The idea of a perk is to have an advantage, that's the own point, and you don't necessarily need Kindred if you have, for instance, Empathy or other perks.

In a nutshell, no, i don't think it should make it as something everybody has, would be too much of a buff for Survivors ( and i'm a Survivor Main myself ).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

You might get more accurate data if you don't make your poll options so loaded. Is this a community poll, or a propaganda piece?

No, Kindred should not be removed from the perk roster. But also no, SWF should not have a mechanical advantage over solo players.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2019
    Options

If you're going to add something to the opposite option of what you support, please don't put words in people's mouths.