We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regarding the State of The Ghost Face

Options
thefallenloser
thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256

Collecting the last bits of data for a follow-up post I made on Ghost Face potential changes. I would like to know your personal stance on The Ghost Face, preferably with a comment that includes:

1. How good you think Ghostie is.
  2. Your opinion on Night Shroud's reveal mechanic.
  3. Your opinion on Night Shroud's expose mechanic.
  4. The pros/cons of Night Shroud.
  5. How effective Night Shroud is in chases, overall.
  6. Other random positives/negatives.
  7. If overall, Ghost should receive a buff or nerf.

This info and your opinions would be really helpful, so thanks in advance!

Regarding the State of The Ghost Face 30 votes

Buff The Ghost Face
43%
MonsterInMyMindGibberishMister_xDBlueberryHatCreatureCreatorTHAngryFluffypleasedontbetoxic117Yung_Slugoh_0kthefallenloserNoOneEscapesNancyDeKillerKiller 13 votes
Nerf The Ghost Face
13%
shards[Deleted User]thenegativone[Deleted User] 4 votes
No Change
43%
0h_DoctorarslaNSblitcherDreskiMedicSpirit7KsoniPassarinoTAhoyWolfCarlosylufly_172MrsGhostfaceLordRegalAllhel1 13 votes

Comments

• thefallenloser
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

Since I posted, I think I should provide my opinion.

While I really enjoy playing as and against Ghostie, he has a few problems.

1. The revealing mechanic is just really janky, as sometimes it's super fast and can be triggered from around a corner, and other times you can't reveal when he's right in front of you, so you basically completely halt in order to do it properly.
    2. Night Shroud isn't always helpful in a chase, especially when the survivor can see you, so the removal of a terror radius doesn't help if you're in a more open area, especially if your power is canceled while you're chasing.
    3. He's supposed to be stealthy but has a big-boy terror radius, so you've gotta hide it to get the jump on survivors by moving really slow.

Those are just my opinions though. Lemme know yours!

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options
    No Change
    1. How good you think Ghostie is. - I think he’s strong in the right hands, the best of the stealth killers
    2. Your opinion on Night Shroud's reveal mechanic. - outside of being able to be revealed from too far away by default I think it’s reasonable.
    3. Your opinion on Night Shroud's expose mechanic. - I like it in general, I mainly wish leaning wasn’t so finicky, OR you got quicker progress from not leaning by default. I love a good lean position but if you can’t find one regular stalking is relatively weak.
    4. The pros/cons of Night Shroud. - strong in the right scenarios at the cost of a fairly long cooldown for how central it is to his kit.
    5. How effective Night Shroud is in chases, overall. - mostly strong in areas where you can break LOS and mindgame. Otherwise limited use if the survivor is good at camera management.
    6. Other random positives/negatives. - too many maps are so brightly lit he’s easy to see from a distance, which hurts him. Same issue Myers has.
    7. If overall, Ghost should receive a buff or nerf. - don’t really see a need for major changes, just a couple QoLs around what I’ve mentioned.
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

The only thing id like to see buffed is the stalking portion of his ability as right now its not as optimal as using his power for stealth atleast thats my opinion.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

His ability is way too unreliable thanks to the janky leaning mechanic and due to how easy it is to take him out of shroud.

Actually trying to use his ability is a waste of time. Its better just to ignore his stalking ability entirely and just treat him as "Wraith, but without a speed boost in exchange for instant decloak".

Also his addons are basically all trash. The only real ones worth anything are the ones that make his shroud recharge faster, everything else is hot garbage.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

He's a good killer, but only if you don't stalk.

They should make it so you don't get punished for trying to use his power as intended.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

fix the damn revealing AND LET ME DODGE IT WHEN I GO BEHIND A CORNER!

sooo tired of being revealed through walls -.-

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options
    No Change

I play him most of the time, I always get a 4k, never fails. He’s fine the way he is. The ultimate counter to him is revealing him, it’s so easy to do. That alone ######### me a lot as a killer.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

1---He's amazing in the right hands and versatile

2---Good and bad. The good part is that it gives you information when someone is nearby and helps you if you can't find anyone. The bad is how generous the range is and how critical it is with revealing. As Survivor it can be easy or impossible, basically a 50/50

3---I find it a waste of time, the Survivor gets notified their Exposed and if you're not close enough they'll run and waste your time, maybe run out of the Exposed and that's the game right there. A lot of maps don't give you generous lean spots so you're forced to Stalk out in the open and get revealed. Resetting the Stalk when they get hit hurts more than the last problem, it would be more forgiving if the Stalk reset when they got downed and then wastes less time.

4---Pros of NS is that you're the best stealth Killer, if you can't Stalk then you can mind game loops and get tons of easy hits, keeping everyone injured makes you insanely powerful. The cons is that because it takes 30 seconds to refill and your Stalking is tied to your NS you are basically forced to only use Power Recovery add-ons.

5---NS is incredibly effective in chases but Stalk is not, you can confuse Survivors and get hits faster than you would outside of it because you can have no Red Stain.

6---Ghostface is dependent on his recovery add-ons so the others are a waste of space, furthermore he has no game changing add-ons like status effects. If he had status effect add-ons then they could be made to work during NS and still be applied a few seconds after you leave it and this would actually help him if he gets broken out of NS before he can Expose people. His Stalk being connected to his NS is probably the worst thing about him because it means once he is broken out of stealth he has no ability and Survivors can deny him of ever using his ability forcing him to become a pure M1 Killer with nothing to help him.

7---Ghostface just needs some tiny tweaks, someone to go in and adjust some numbers and hopefully one day give him some add-ons that are fun to use instead of being completely necessary to even play him.

• thefallenloser
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

Hi all! With your feedback, I have made an new post that hopefully addresses all of the issues you guys talked about. Check it!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103227/revisiting-the-ghost-face-and-my-changes-add-on-and-perk-tweaks#latest

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,006
    Options
    Buff The Ghost Face

His stalk is 9 times out of 10 not worth using, that is a problem. It needs to be improved.