We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Passive character perks

Options
vossler25
vossler25 Member Posts: 416

What do you all think of this,

Claudette has 2% faster healing per natural perk (the 3 starting for that survivor and if no natural perk used then it's a 0% boost)

1% gen repair per natural perk or Dwight that's 3% gen speed Dwight can get but some perks will outclass that extra gen speed,

Myers evil build is 0.5% quicker per natural perk, not too much, but enough to make the difference when trying to outdo a max gen efficient Dwight cause he definitely will have 1% minimum (prove thyself will defo be on for him) some will share same passives, but different perks, that would work, if done right

Passive character perks 15 votes

Yes passive perks sounds good if done right
33%
Seiko300FilthyQuentin[Deleted User]vossler25Allhel1 5 votes
No thank you but good idea
46%
ElkKees_Tfly_172pichumudkipoh_0kgaydavidkingNoOneEscapesNancy 7 votes
horrible idea (No but rude)
20%
GibberishDaddyTrappersGirlNuclearBurrito 3 votes

Comments

• vossler25
    Options

Ask questions if I'm not clear enough on anything

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I hate being nice >:(

• vossler25
    Options

I feel you picked it as a joke, or was you an actual no, fair enough if you don't, it was an idea to make perks from the original character be more, them, survivors are basically meat skins, but to not give killers the same boost wouldn't be fair

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

It's great in paper but gameplay isn't. Survivors will no longer be meat skins, but now everyone will probably play with the best passive.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

take my answer as "no thank you but good idea except I saw a shiny button that let me yell at you and clicked it"

• vossler25
    Options

That's why I'm thinking that numbers are balanced, so they all are as good as each other, hence I feel a heal passive is stronger than gen repair passives, and it also only activate and stack when using that character's natural perk on the character, I'd still play better healing, the idea of picking the numbers I feel upon thinking

Gen repair passive: 0.5%-1% per natural perk (gens are quick enough and Dwight gets 0.5% cause of prove thyself and some get 1% cause they have more sneaky gen instead, maybe change numbers around to some perks aren't left too strong in one and too weak in others, making the choice of stealth or repair more thought out to personal play style)

Gen regression passive: 1% damage gen regression speed per natural perk

Tinkerer (I know perk name, can't think of anything else): gen repair speeds decreased by 2% per natural perk (some will definitely get that 2% but won't be getting much extra from gens with the gen perks available I'm thinking on survivor numbers)

Athlete (this could go on both) movement speed increased by 0.75% per natural perk

Too many ideas to put here but you get the idea, they aren't massive, just enough to make the original owner of perks actually feel like they own them, I'm really not saying ungodly numbers just enough for immersion with your character

• vossler25
    Options

I have to like you for that cause that's exactly what I'd do

• Kees_T
    Options

So, I guess facing 4 dwights with 3 "natural perks", with toolboxes would be an nightmare.

• vossler25
    edited November 2019
    Options

That's bond, prove thyself, leader and one other, giving Dwight 1.5% gen speed, since only 1 prove thyself will have an effect unless they split, it's only worth 0.5% gen speed when that could be used for spine chill, or resilience, I have looked, I picked him specifically to have less due to prove thyself, and killers come with a passive too, some that combat that, some that could possibly detect at a range of 1meter per natural perk going up to 3 meters, no one set of character perks is good enough for that max to be worth it, so they get the smallest amount, making it almost obsolete to high ranks, but new players, and characters, they'll all benefit to their current limitations, I have tons of ideas that counter each, as I said it wasn't to make characters massively stronger, infact it encourages them to become weaker, to a level, a best gen build might be with Dwight or another with the passive, but for anything effective Dwight alone would probably only get 0.5/1% extra, for anything effective, a killer with gen repair hindrance would counter that right away, but stops them having too much of it cause only some killers has perks that make gens longer but will stop the requirements of these perks to every killer, I just need to think heavily on the final numbers to make it sound more likable for all, so there is a benefit but not to a set of requirement, it's simply to immerse the game a bit more, and help newer players, out, ofcourse 0.1 would be too little and 1.5 would be too much for gen repair but 1.5 would be too little for healing speeds and 5 would be too much, I'd still rather use my Claudette with self-care and botany knowledge, we give 1% each perk for heal speed that's 2% not a great deal, but enough for you to know "that's Claudette's identity" I use prove thyself (BP and gen) doesn't even need to be game boosting things, maybe just extra BP just something so a character's perks are truly theirs

• Superstar_Saga95
    Superstar_Saga95 Member Posts: 90
    Options

Are they really meat skins? A lot of characters have intentional or non-intentional advantages and disadvantages, Bill is very loud, Claudette is hard to see, A lot of the male characters are large, while most female characters are shorter.

• vossler25
    Options
  • Kees_T
    Options

That's true. But looking for the overall aspect of survivors, its all the same, every survivor is an meat skin and such little details don't make much differences (unless you're playing as Blandette of course) unlike Killers who have their own playstyle and not just meat skins.