Name the Least Fun Things in DBD

Yo just hoping to get some people's opinions on what they consider to be the most unfun things currently in game. That way the devs will know exactly what to balance the game around. Cheers.

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Map design.

Don't get me wrong the reworked Badham and Hawkins is better.But there are still so many maps that desperately need reworks.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,118
    edited November 2019

Being tunneled/camped

Being hook farmed

FPS drops

Being flashlighted

Seeing a gen pop at the beginning of the match before you can even walk over there

Needing 8k XP for each tier of the Rift

Trying to play Nurse

Trying to get the Skilled Huntress achievement on PS4

Haddonfield

Survivors disconnecting to deny you an achievement/challenge

Killers disconnecting so that you get no BP or XP

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Farming Taking One for the team. It’s all I’ve got left, and I’m tired of being the ######### instasave person. And I’m extra sick of how often it doesn’t work out so I get progress anyway.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

A mori is enough for me to die inside.

Also, any busted add-on like prayer beads or iri head just ######### sucks to face.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,703

Facing the same killer or getting the same map multiple times in a row.

I'm pretty okay with everything else. I'll get annoyed at omega-tunneling or camping but I can also laugh at it because they just seem so angry sometimes.

When I get the same killer on the same map multiple games in a row, I'm just sad and it takes a lot of fun out of it. :/ I love the variation.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Poorly designed maps

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

Haddonfield as Killer

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Playing against and with optimal SWF teams.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    edited November 2019

Skilled Huntress? That one can be gained through multiple trials, From the Void She Kills (I'm not 100% sure if it's this or the From the Void She Walks) where you need to grab a Survivor on you third blink.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,118
    edited November 2019

The Nurse ones were easy. On PS4, for Skilled Huntress you have to down survivors 100 times, and it is not easy to aim her hatchets, especially not from over 24 meters away. Even if the survivor is standing still it takes me multiple tries.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2019

Everything Doctor.

• Constantly scream to reveal your position.
    • Rubber band back across every window vault.
    • Literal walking lag spike with the screams and notifications.
    • Free slugs by putting you into Madness 3 and you can't heal.
    • Snap Out before Mend. Nuff said.
    • 3 gen strat where they refuse to commit to a single chase for 45 minutes.

IDC if he can be looped his kit is full of some serious BS.

EDIT: Also playing against any Myers trying to get Evil Incarnate because they will literally refuse to kill you if you use a locker to avoid the tombstone then beg for you to give it to them and then complain they deserve it when they really didn't.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on
  • Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

I didn't play Nurse enough to get this, and when I did the Omega/Multi Blink was reason to DC so I guess having that sweet Platinum Trophy it's gonna take a long time.

The Huntress is my top 1 favorite Killer to run so I guess is just personal preference.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

“Play as Killer”

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Your team disconnecting and then laughing at you for not taking the Hatch.

• GingerbreadHouse
    GingerbreadHouse Member Posts: 16

Player against killer players that seem to have a grudge against you anytime you hit their lobby.

teammates who farm you on the hook when the killer is face-camping. If he’s focused on me then WORK ON GENS and escape. Stop farming!!

I don’t like how demogorden screams in your face.

I don’t like teammates who try and get their fellows killed. I don’t care if you clean skulls/sabotage and never work on a gen, just don’t be against your team. ( like knock pallets next to you or jumping through windows noisily back and forth next to you.)

There’s lots more, lol

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Pallet looping.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Hex: Ruin

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

10 second gens

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Toxicity

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

As much as I'd like to list off things that bother me in matches, I won't this time around and just say things happen. I try to enjoy the game and if I can't, hopefully me at least sticking around and trying causes others to continue to enjoy the game.

But I will say that if I had to choose one thing that's most unfun above everything else, it's not even something in a match. I would say the amount of toxicity I see in End Game Chats is unfun. Whether I look at the chat or not, I usually know that someone is rolling their eyes so hard they fall out of their sockets. People jus' needa chillllll.

• wannabeuk
    wannabeuk Member Posts: 135

swf groups (2-4) with 3-4 toolboxes. I just don't know how to deal with the speed gens pop

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Haddonfield as killer

Swamp as survivor

Keys

Ebony mori (Only ebony, others are fine imho)

Not having a Carlton dance emote as a killer

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

Object of Obsession kill squads.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327

Searching for games as a Killer >:(

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Fps on console and getting stuck on nothing.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

Getting stabbed by Feral Frenzy after I just mended

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Bad killers.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited November 2019
    • All old maps (Mac Millian, Coldwind, Autohaven, Haddonfield)
    • Legion nerf
    • Upcoming spirit nerf
    • Gen rush
    • Keys
    • Noed
    • Bad teammates in solo play
    • Infinit windows and save pallets
  • premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

People complaining all the time for every thing that happens

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

As Survivor: Tunnel-mori, insta-unhook, always crouching mates

As killer: Object of Obsession, Keys, infinite abusing

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

When I run a full support build but keep getting screwed by my teamates.

Do you have Second Wind and We'll Make It? That survivor you just unhooked is now going to Self Care for .3 seconds.

Do you have Botany Knowledge and Aftercare? No one wants to get healed when the killer runs SB and Thanatophobia lol (despite BK countering both).

Just some hardships a medic faces.

• pAncrop900
    pAncrop900 Member Posts: 44

Waiting at least 10 minutes to find lobbies as killer

• ArksnaVixone
    ArksnaVixone Member Posts: 30

1.- Facing Spirit

2.- Frames in console

3.- Hitbox

4.- Spirit :D

5.- Red ranks in both sides

• alienschmalien
    alienschmalien Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2019

One shots in general.

Toolboxes

Strong unfair loops.

Camping

Tunnelling

Bad Manners on Both Sides (Teabagging, head or body shaking at hooks.)

Moris

Turn on and off terror radius (It's a mechanic that gets abused and just isn't all that fun to begin with. Myers excluded since he only has no terror radius in one tier)

Spirit in general.

Flashlight save squads.

Generators popping left an right and you can't do ######### no matter what killer you really are.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    edited November 2019

Ok. I'll name them George. Isn't George so cute?

Please remove George.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Spirit

Forever Freddy

Cocky Survivors

Stupid Survivors

• alienschmalien
    alienschmalien Member Posts: 151

Oh and map offerings. Get rid of them. Let RNG decide where we are going through and through. A map can legit change the course of a game depending on who you are, what you are running, etc.

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94

Hitboxes.

Spirit.

Freddy.

Hitboxes.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Flashlight clicking - I personally find it extremely annoying.

Haddonfield - especially if they have balanced landing less because of a speed Boost more because of the stagger reduction.

Unnecessary camping- I get there are situations where you need to for example endgame or if survivors are crowding around the hook. However if there are 5 gens left and I'm the first person you down and you decide to camp me that's kind of ######### moment especially if you have a build that's not tailored to take camping. BBQ and chilli, make your choice, devour hope.

Hell if you're going to unnecessarily camp me the least put on a build that suited to camping

Spirit- mainly a spirit with prayer beads or Strider outside of that I don't mind too much.

Unnecessary nerf- if something gets nerf without another solution at least being tried is very irritating. Rip endgame piggy

Overboard nerfs- if nerfing or reworking is the only solution I'm not too fond when it goes overboard looking Legion and to a lesser extent brand new parts.

Useless add-ons- add-ons that are typically useless on not my favourite. Odd bulb, Franks mixtape, stab wounds study, Amanda's secret and many more but that go in its own separate post.

Useless perks- basically the same thing for useless add-ons. Furtive chase, monstrous shrine, No One Left Behind

Defensive strike- this anti tunneling perk or should I say this don't touch me for a minute perk can be very annoying if you're not tunneling.

First hook moris- I personally find it a bit tackless also if you do this as a killer you're basically screwing over not only your blood points but your emblems it's much more efficient to just mori them on death hook.

Keys- can end a match prematurely which is a real pain in the ass especially considering there's a possibility the killer could make a comeback.

Toxic messages- technically not part of the game but still extremely annoying if you take the time out of your day to message me you can can't complain that you're not salty.

People who farm you- I know you want your blood points but could you at least give me a chance to survive and let someone else save me because I don't blame the killer if they suddenly decide to switch to me.

Looping around the hook- for the love of God leave the hook if the killer is on you. When you loop around it you make it very easy for the killer to prevent any saves or go after the somebody if they do get saved.

Survivors blaming Killers- please stop blaming me because your teammates are potatoes. Also any survivor who claims me taking advantage of their teammates mistakes is unfun to them when they fully take advantage of that annoying af compactor in cold wind farms, you rightly deserve to get decked in the face.

Disconnecting- I really don't like anybody who does this. It's not fair to your team it's not fair to the killer and it's not fair to the survivors if you do it as a killer. Hell even if someone intentionally takes me to haddonfield I know they have balance landing I'll simply just stay afk in the basement you guys could do whatever the heck you want.

Extreme tunneling: I don't have a problem with tunneling in general. If someone farms me that's on that person I don't expect the killer to show me any mercy however as a killer if you go out of your way to try to just pick me out, meaning I get unhooked and you spend a good 5-minutes trying to look for me whilst you're getting gen rushed then I really can't justify that that's just stupidity.

Sandbagging- I'm not fond of sellout or sandbaggers if you actively try to do that I will will just go after you and camp you. the only time I ever let someone selling out somebody slide it's for the next category.

Hatch campers- I use this is an umbrella term to refer to anybody who just doesn't do any work and wait for their teammate to die. Listen Meg there is only one gen left and the only person touching a gen let alone even looking at it was Feng Min. Yeah I hate these people as a survivor and I hate these people is a killer. If you're one of these types of people and your teammate sells you out for it gladly take it.

Potato teammates: these guys might not be as bad as sandbaggers but oh are they annoying.

Finally the last one chasing a survival who I've just recently unhooked even though it's pretty evident that the killer is on the other side of the map and I could just heal them by hook. Bonus points if I have we'll make it.

Double bonus points if the time it took the survivor to run around the killer finished with whatever the hell they were doing and comes back and finds us and of course I'm to blame because I tried to heal their dumbasses.

Ps: whilst not exactly related any survivor who takes it upon themselves to heal themselves whether it be with self-care or inner strength when I'm literally right there. Why take longer with self care or waste your medkit or inner strength when I could heal you

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Hatch campers, Hag traps on teammates so it's either me who dies or the hooked person, one shot hatchet huntrsss, Spirit is just boring to play against.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

People complaining or asking for something to be removed after getting hit with it in game. There is going to be toxicity in this game, you have a killer trying to kill 4 survivors. But the toxicity should not roll over into post game chat or through messages on console.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

How fast gens can be completed........

Actually..... generators in general are boring and unfun.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

Personally I would say I don’t enjoy moris. I never use them because it cuts my games short. It’s also just that they’re imbalanced. I would rather them be a 2 hook kill. The offering shouldn’t be to end the game faster, but only to see the cool animations.

I also don’t like face camping or off hook tunneling til dead when you haven’t been toxic. I just don’t feel like I am given the same ability to play the game as my team mates at that point.

I don’t really mind many things as killer. Except low FPS or when audio is bugged.