We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should Survivors Be Able To See Killer

Options
Superstar_Saga95
Superstar_Saga95 Member Posts: 90

Since Killers can see Survivors (Assuming the survivors don't have all perks unlocked), shouldn't survivors be able to see the killer.

Should Survivors Be Able To See Killer 54 votes

Yes
11%
Joe_Mantidewait4him2leavePigsterMrsGhostfaceDarootLeafstorm[Deleted User] 6 votes
No
88%
BossFoggyDownpourGibberishicemancatPigNRunFibijeanBlueberryDaddyTrappersGirlMiriamGTapeKnotNeonAlienLadyKandomereTragicSolitudeRaptorrotasTerratoastCJsDBDirejogAzurlynxwhammigobambamDreski 48 votes

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    No

Not who is the killer cause they'd change perks and items depending on it and THIS IS A HORROR GAME FFS, playing as a survivor I wouldn't like knowing who I'm going to play against, it's part of the fun you know?

BUT, if you're talking about the username/gamertag of the player, I'd say yes, I'd like to know if I'm going against a facecamper (I wouldn't dodge lobbies, it's just to know if I'm going against a toxic gamer, regardless of which killer he picks)

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

This is too in general to I don't know what you mean, but no, you should not see Killer tag or steam profile link, ps4 or xbox link, etc. until after the game.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,621
    Options
    No

This will make lobby dodging a serious issue for a killer. Also, knowing who the killer is means you'll have an advantage, because you will know the killer's power.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    No

I'll put on Iron Will, Fixated, and Spine Chill for every Spirit.

Small game for Trapper and Hag

Flashlights for Hag

Etc

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    No

@wait4him2leave why yes?

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options
    No

Would kinda defeat the point of the whole game, tbh.

• wait4him2leave
    wait4him2leave Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Yes

@8obot1c Because I suck

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options
    Yes

Killers can see survivors, who they’re playing as, what they’re holding. Why shouldn’t survivors get to at least see the killer they’re playing against? Dodging isn’t an excuse because killers always do it.

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126
    Options
    No

Because there exist perks that range from soft to hard counter specific killers. For example, the Doctor runs at an extreme disadvantage against anyone with Calm Spirit.

Whereas the killer only has one thing they know for sure, the item you're carrying. Survivors can even find items while they're in the match or change them mid-match when they find another one (or give it to someone else). Survivors don't have unique qualities between them since it's just about the perks.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No

To be honest I don't think Calm Spirit is even that effective against Doctor. It prevents screams, but if you're running Restraint addons, it doesn't prevent tier up screams, and it doesn't prevent madness build up, meaning Doctor can still cuck your item use. You still pretty much have to snap out of it unless you just don't care about using items you brought into the trial/found.

That said, I don't think survivors should see killers. But I also don't think killers should see survivors. It's pretty BS that a killer can go "Hm, 2 flashlights, time to bring a mori!" whereas a survivor can't say "Hm...a mori, time to bring a key!"

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126
    Options
    No

Oh, so it only mostly destroys his main mechanic unless Doctor makes sure to always run a specific class of addon. Then it only kinda destroys his main mechanic.

It's still a Perk that remains extremely effective against Doctor when compared to all other killers. Just as Saboteur, Slippery Meat, and Small Game have additional effectiveness against Trapper.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No

I'd argue Small Game is significantly more powerful against Trapper and Hag than Calm Spirit is against Doctor. Sure, it prevents screams, but you still have your tracking with the illusions.