Killer win rates per map/balance?

Options

A lot of people hate certain maps, either as survivor, or as killer. Most people hate haddonfield as a killer, a lot of survivors hate Hawkins for how weird it is with lots of unsafe pallets and not much else. But today, I launched DBD with the intent of doing my rituals and going back to do other things. The first ritual I thought about doing was chainsaw kills with billy. I load up the 'drift king' billy addons. I don't have any good map offerings. I load in, it's Lerys. Not only do I doubt I'll finish my ritual on Lerys, but I just don't want to play lerys as billy, so I DC'd instead of wasting my time getting angry and the survivors time without me wanting to play and probably just tunneling one person to have any shot of getting things done.

It got me thinking, why don't (Or do they and I just don't know about it) killers have a set of maps more likely to show up for them? Nobody wants to play billy on lerys, hawkins, maybe even the game. But nobody really wants to play against him on corn maps. Visa versa, Hag is pretty strong on haddenfield because of all those grassy spots that are great choke points for traps. As someone who's dipped into both survivor and killer a little bit - my first experience as killer was billy on lerys and I didn't play a killer for a long time after that, until I decided to give it another shot and really enjoyed it. That experience was so embittering that I just didn't want to play a killer at all. I didn't know why I was so bad as a killer, why billy was so hard to play. I legitimately thought he's got to be the worst killer in the game - all because I lucked out and was placed on lerys as a level 1 hillbilly. As I said though, the coin goes both ways.

TL;DR:

I feel like it would be sensible to look at the statistics of killers in the higher ranks, look at what maps they're strongest on, weakest on, and give them sort of a bellcurve likelihood of ending up on those maps. Where maps that the killer is balanced on are most likely, and maps the killer is VERY powerful or very weak on are less likely.

Thoughts?

Comments

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited November 2019
    Options

Don’t like it. Current system is fine. Current maps could be tweaked. Billy is fine enough on lerys too. Why DC? Never going to get better on Lerys, or in general, doing that