Unique changes to increase FUN [constructive criticism please]

Options
2»

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@NitpickDropkick

It depends on the situation, if I know someone is in a chase "I am mostly playing swf" then I would wait for the clease, if its devour we would cleanse it then when the insta down triggers, since the killer is mostly far away from the totem. If no one is in chase we would take the risk and just cleanse it, in the worst case the killer could do downs with in 60 sec but it usually never happens to us. I would not say it would be that strong as you think.

• NitpickDropkick
    NitpickDropkick Member Posts: 28
    Options

Thank you! I find it very interesting to read patch notes, developer commentary and community ideas for my favorite games, especially for games like Dota where a single patch could have changes that effect the entire game. I wanted to bring a little bit of that excitement to DBD in my own little way.

Thanks again for reading! and if you like these ideas pass this on to a friend, a streamer or a dev. Everything helps. Cheers.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Bruh... look around. The game sucks for solo survivors and is hell for killers at almost any rank if survivors are toxic. If a game with a POWER. ROLE. is having a problem where it is common for the WEAK survivors to BULLY THE KILLER, there is a bigger problem than one or two issues.

• NitpickDropkick
    Options

Im going to respond to you but this is also aimed at a few comments before you, and potentially comments after you as well. So if this seems a bit harsh just know that im responding to a general mindset more than any one person.

It takes no imagination or intellect to tear someone down for making a change you don’t like. We all have that pessimistic voice in our heads that say “don’t bother trying, it won’t make a difference, it’s too much work, or no one will care” but if we all listened to that nothing would ever get done or be improved. People who feel the need to share these pessimistic and dismissive remarks are agents of stagnation and I don’t have any time for them.

Im the one who took the time to think up inventive and creative solutions to make this game better. Im the one who bothered to write this all down and share it with the community. So to hand wave off all my effort and simply say “this isn’t the game for you” is a fatuous remark at best.

The most recent discussion you started was one that literally proposes a change very similar to one I made in this list. So we obviously agree on some issues, it’s a shame that instead of giving some sort of constructive feedback you decided to be the wet blanket that tells everyone something just cant be done. Don’t be that guy. 

• killermain
    killermain Member Posts: 11
    Options

Wow. That is an impressive work.

I find most of these supposed changes to be truly awesome.

As for QoL changes, id like to be able to see in a lobby if survivors are swf and for survivors to see each others builds.

I think that in order to make some money off the game devs can make "variations" on killers powers and sell them. Like spirit that can fastly phase to a position near a gen at a cost of depleting her gauge and giving survs a warning or huntress who winds hatchets silently but slower. I am not a programmer, but i think making those will be profitable due to the fact that you dont need to make a new model as devs say this is very resource-consuming

• NitpickDropkick
    edited November 2019
    Options

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Showing SWF groups is a mixed bag. I think you would need to add an incentive for the killer to playing against SWFs otherwise a killer might dodge a four-man survivor group in favor of an easier match. I wouldn't be against this change though, maybe something small like a BP bonus would be enough.

If the game devs want to make money I think they have a petty good system already. Just make the game as good as possible and people will buy DLC. Killer "variation" changes should probably be kept to red addons.