We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Does anyone enjoy the rank resets?

Options
antgnstea
antgnstea Member Posts: 869

We are closing in yet another rank reset. I wonder what community think about rank resets. Because for me they are just waste of time and energy.

If you ask red ranks they say rank means nothing, yet you try to be in the red ranks to increase your chance of getting better teammates.

But 1 week before the rank reset people start to derank like crazy. Afk killers, hook suicides, intentionally throwing the game, just to derank so get easier matches.

And after reset almost a week you can't find competent teammates to team up with, cause variety of ranks crumbled into same ranks and you can be matched with newbies a lot.

After 2 weeks, you start to find more like your range games, but before you can enjoy it more another derank frenzy strucks again.

So what community thinks about rank resets?

Does anyone enjoy the rank resets? 48 votes

I like monthly rank resets.
56%
BossFibijeanDaddyTrappersGirlMiriamGJacoby2041ElkCJsDBDJawsIsTheNextKillerAzurlynxxEaDreskiDonnycdoitagain_JiggleWiggleNullSp3cfly_172pichumudkip[Deleted User]TunnelVisionandyollolloll 27 votes
I'd like them further apart. Like from chapter to chapter. (Or rift to rift now)
22%
WeederickTeambossFlozeNeonAlienDolphin9192KnucklesTimtom24antgnsteaMysticAdvisorForceful_SporkZackAndCody[Deleted User] 11 votes
I don't mind if they were annually.
4%
Leonardo1itaGlamourousLeviathan 2 votes
I couldn't care less if they are removed altogether.
16%
TheLegendDyl4n1Captain_SpauldingGrootDudemusstang62Creepingcam1070anonymous31337DoctorShockBoiEndstille 8 votes

Comments

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options
    I couldn't care less if they are removed altogether.

Just get rid of it imo. Let people who are good stay in the good tier and let baddies stay in the baddies. I'm typically around 5-8 and can't/won't go past that. I hate trying to get out of yellow ranks. It's the most boring grindy thing ever.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I like when things get mixed up.

But if we want something more structural, which i wouldn't mind one bit, rank reset needs to go, and instead of that, everyone simply loses 1 pip every day, or 1 rank every week, something akin to that.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

If I can get out of Red Ranks for a couple of weeks it would be heaven. Red Ranks is just hellish to go through.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options

?? Why should anyone care about ranks or rank resets anyway at the moment.

I am currently rank 6 killer and I get rank 2 parties in my lobby anyway. So I actually don't care about ranks as well as I don't care about rank resets. The match making is broken, the emblem system is broken, that's all just a big mess.

I think devs should fix the ranking system first, before they start thinking about when to do resets. Like for example: Why does Plague always depip, if she dares using her power. Why is Michael not rewarded for stalking and downing people with Tier 3? That's all broken, so what does a rank mean anyway?

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

I dont mind them and meeting the newbies for a few days every month can be amusing.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Options

It helps get me my adept killer achievements faster since I S U C K as Killer (also I give props to y'all killer mains, I really didn't think the gens were that fast until I played killer)

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 327
    Options

I embrace rank reset. Games are longer then 10 minutes, i can try fun builds not aiming for the escape and still escape. I actually do a lot to not reach red ranks too soon. Plus you get a variety of killers instead of Spirit, Spirit, Spirit, Billy, Ghostface, Ghostface, Billy and a Spirit.

Matchmaking is horrible ngl. I get killers with green ranks and the next game is red ranks again so i can never know.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I would care about rank reset if there was some sort of reward to look forward to. I don't mind the idea of "seasons" and having different ranks on each one, but the system is somewhat flawed and it's not always fair. It needs a rework in some aspects.

So as of now, I'm somewhat neutral to them. Hopefully some changes arrive soon.

• Timtom24
    Timtom24 Member Posts: 230
    Options
    I'd like them further apart. Like from chapter to chapter. (Or rift to rift now)

the only reason i want to be rank 1 at least once with the killer is that this is an achievement that i need to complete on steam, if i have that then i dont care about it anymore it has no use at all except for the matchmaking.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Before rank reset, all I get is red rank survivors. It makes me think that there aren't any red rank killers for them to play against.

Until they find a way to match hardcore SWF squads to killers that can give them a challenge, I will always appreciate rank reset.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

I don't mind rank resets at all, and there are positive points but they have already been brought up, still i think it would be weird to have everyone staying at the highest ranks..