Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'll pay you 50€ to get off the dedicated servers - here's how i'd offer it as a DLC/AC Bundle

So at this point i think we've all had our fair share of "interesting" interactions influenced by the dedicated servers - and i'd like to opt out. I'd like to go back to the old direct killer hosting, even if it means eating a laggswitcher once every ten games.

But how could we secure such a system? Make it less enticing for cheaters to participate in it?

Hear me out: How about "THE AURIC NEXUS" DLC. What is the Auric Nexus? Simple. By purchasing the Auric Nexus DLC for 50€, you gain the ability to participate on games outside of the dedicated servers. It's an opt-in / opt-out system through the options menu. You ALSO gain 50€ worth of Auric Cells, meaning you come out with basically just a 50€ auric cell purchase.

This should be enough of a deterrence for the lagswitchers, hackers and other unwanted people to repeatedly do such things due to the major expenses bound to it - and it would give me an option to return to actual playable matches where i don't take about half of my hits about two to three seconds after vaulting a window, or after dropping a pallet.

I respect what you tried to do with the dedicated servers. I really respect it. But the consistent failure of offering me absolutely inconsistent gameplay makes me simply not want to play my favorite game. PLEASE let me buy my way out of it.

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I don't really know what to say to that one.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Is this idea even possible to accomplish?

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

Why don't you name it "DBD First"? Has a ring to it

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

• Jukantos
    Jukantos Member Posts: 114

I see what you did there ;)

And i fully acknowledge it's VERY unlikely something like this would ever be implemented into DbD, heck i'm not even sure if i'd actually welcome it. It's more that i wanna shine a light on the fact im SO desperate to get off the dedicated servers that i would LITERALLY throw money at Behaviour to make them go away.

I would *PAY ACTUAL MONEY to return to a system people used to hack and cheat.* Because that only happened once every what 10-15 games? The dedicated servers have a match-deciding impact on me and my team almost in 80%-90% of our games. Free hits, lagged out interactions, it's just so awful we would pay our way out of infrastructure that cannot have been cheap to set up.

When you can consistently count half a dozen free hits per match off of vaults and pallet drops that would've been perfectly fine in a pre-dedicated server era,.. it's frustrating. DEEPLY frustrating.

And at this point, while i have mad respect for Behaviour for attempting to set something up that even Call of Duty and other BILLION dollar franchises have simply surrendered on, i'd like to opt out. The fact that i'd pay to do said opt-out says a lot about my personal experience with the dedicated servers. I can only hand out one to two star ratings on surveys so often before i get frustrated they're still a thing.

Thing is: If i understand the interlinking process that occurs at the start of kill-your-friends matches correctly, THOSE MATCHES still use peer to peer connections! So the architecture is still in the client, it's just not used for the modes i play most.

• Jukantos

Back again seven weeks later and my point still stands. The dedicated servers are so far beyond awful it makes me play the game less than half of the amount i used to, while having a miserable time with every minute of it. *I WILL PAY YOU LITERAL MONEY TO GET ME OFF THIS*. PLEASE! i'm begging you i'd pay a 100€ ######### fee to be allowed to host my own lobbies.

I just want to be able to actually play the game without playing "will i take a 500 ms ping hit through this EU pallet/window" twenty times a match. There's literally no gameplay left over. I can't grab survivors as killer because high ping cancels the action. I get hit through about 40-60% of my vaults even when im long gone when playing survivor. All the while sitting literally smacked down in the middle of europe in germany on a 50 mbit broadband connection with <20ms ping to every other game i play.

It's one thing to have glitches in the game, it's another to have the game perpetually unplayable because absolutely no match ever has even <100 ms ping. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening but it seems to accidentally asign me to russia all the time (over 50% of the players i get matched with are now from russia)

At this point i think i'm giving up on finishing the rift specifically because i simply cannot play matches at all. How sad is that?

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Im on console and getting dedicated servers would just improve the game, like damn i never knew so many people could have as bad connection as they do. on pc i know the average game connection isnt as bad but dude on console youd think people are all playing in mc donalds, if i could have 100ping each game id be a happy man, plus id like to have the dc penalty in already.

• Jukantos

At this point the "Drop 4 pallets that stun the killer" quest might as well just be a "Take 4 hits through pallets" quest. Because you know... with the dedicated servers every time you get a pallet stun it's also a guaranteed hit. So trust me, you DONT want THESE dedicated servers on console. You REALLY REALLY dont.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Are you a fallout dev?

• iamscumqueen101
    iamscumqueen101 Member Posts: 101

Can you imagine if Todd Howard was actually doing this in bethesda forums literally pretending to be a player to test how others would react to grubby moneymaking ideas

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i have games where you cannot move, every freezes then turns out you and someone else got downed and hooked while you just sat at a frozen screen, sure its not every game but its common to get hit when you shouldnt, rubber band or just have general lag throughout the game, hell even 150ping every game would be acceptable as a standard

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

50€ to avoid killers using downloads.

• Jukantos

Oh i'm 100% real about it. With killers nerfed to the point of being weaker than a single survivor i dont even have fun stomping at rank 1 anymore. All i ever lose to are mistakes on my end, or way more commonly afk teammates and utterly bullshit dedicated server hits 😂

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Lets make queue times longer!