An idea that can potentially make The Rift a more reasonable grind.

Options

So, as we all know, the Rift so far seems like it's going to be a rather tough grind, as once you're done with the Archive challenges, you end up spending about 5-6 hours to get through one Rift stage. While this is very much doable, it does feel very tedious and more like a chore, than just playing the game, because you genuinely enjoy playing it for long periods of time regularly.

My idea to make the grind more bearable, but still not easy as pie, is to make Daily Rituals give you Rift Shards as a reward, together with the Bloodpoints that they already offer. The amount could differ between the rituals, as some are obviously more difficult than the others. My suggestions are:

Survivor:

• Repair an equivalent of X generators/Heal X health states/Sabotage X hooks/Escape and collect 1 item - 2 Rift Shards
  • Rescue X survivors from the hook safely/Perform cooperative actions for X seconds/Be chased by the killer for X minutes - 3 Rift Shards
  • Escape as X survivor/Open an exit gate as X survivor - 4 (or perhaps 5?) Rift Shards

Killer:

• Rituals to use an X killer's powers X times on a survivor - 2 Rift Shards
  • Sacrifice X survivors/Chase survivors for X minutes in total - 4 Rift Shards
  • Kill a survivor via a Memento Mori - 6 Rift Shards

And in conclusion, here are some benefits that this suggestion offers for the Rift and the players in general:

• It helps casual players and ones with busy IRL schedules to progress through the Rift at an okay pace
  • It is only a once-per-day reward, which ensures that while it makes the grind easier, it doesn't change the fact that it will still be time consuming to fully go through the Rift.
  • It already fits with the idea of getting a slight boost for the Rift daily, as the first killer/survivor match of the day gives you more player EXP, it also ends up giving you more Rift Shard progress than usual.
  • It makes Daily Rituals more appealing to players, and encourages them to actually try and complete them on a daily basis.

Please, tell me if you guys like this suggestion, and if you have any additional ideas, feel free to voice your opinion down below! It would be great if BHVR could notice this thread and consider implementing it into the game, because I believe Daily Rituals are often overlooked and don't really offer much to go out of someone's way to actually do them. And if it could help with progressing through the Rift? That'd be two birds with one stone!

Comments