The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[Rant] New Nurse is SO much fun!

I had a Nurse daily and just tried to get the blink hits so I used the addons that lessened the penalty I was going to suffer from my many missed swings.

Since I'm better with other killers I was at rank 5/4 when I attempted this daily. I'm so glad that I'm forced to play against higher skilled survivors when I play as a killer I'm not as skilled with. It makes the game so much more difficult and almost impossible to learn a new killer with!

As I found the survivors they all ran in straight lines so it took quite awhile to catch up to them. In case you didn't know, this is the best technique to waste the Nurse's time since she can't recover quickly, you don't need to bother with losing line of sight like you used to!

Because they were better at survivor than I was at Nurse they were able to avoid many blinks since they can avoid her telegraphed location.

Everytime I missed they continued to run in a straight line while I had to wait for the charges to come back. Even with the addons they gained quite a bit of distance just by running in a straight line.

While I was trying to get those daily hits the rest of the survivors were plugging away at gens and by the time I got the first survivor down 4 gens had finished!

/s

I managed to get the daily done, but I don't think I'll be playing the Nurse anymore even for dailies.

She was tolerable before without addons, I could get the daily done with a reasonable match and even a 4k here and there.

The Nurse is no longer fun to (attempt to) play and has a mindless counter that wastes an absurd amount of time.

I'm very glad I'm not a Nurse main and I fear for the future changes the devs have in store for all of the killers.

I continue to be baffled by the choices the devs make and baffled even further by the fact that they think they're doing a good job with those choices.

Seriously, someone in the team needs to speak up and get some good decisions going because some of these things are immensely frustrating... and I don't even main this character.

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

She became extremely beginner-unfriendly. If you didn't mained her before the nerf, she is now useless in your hands, sadly. Demn devs doin dae baskit nerf no one asked for.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

I don't have fun when play as and playing against her

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

What resonated most with me in your post is about having to practice unfamiliar killers at high ranks. It really sucks and should be addressed.

As for Nurse, her skill floor has been raised quite a bit, but it's well deserved. I used to 4k all the time with old Nurse even though I was not a good player, like I was playing on easy mode. Now I feel like it takes true skill to pull off.

Good Nurses will still do well. I Watched Marth play a few Nurse games today, and he certainly didn't struggle to 4k. That being said, I probably won't play her anymore myself lol.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It's more of a matter of principle. There is no other game quite like DBD, and their unique killers. That being said... if you leave, it hurts the chances of this game getting the fixes it needs.

• FriendlyGuy

I played against them and got wrecked by CD addons once. All other addon combination nurses were a four man escape. I played pretty good with matchbox, CD and spasmodic nurse myself. CD is the best addons combination by far i can say.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I'm going to be honest here, none of this has anything to do with Nurse.

Back in the day I was in red ranks when I decided it was time to learn Nurse. I didn't have much of a choice with the amount I was playing then so it was play red ranks, or play green ranks with all the red ranks who just rank reset at the same time.

She was a ######### to play then too, not knowing her.

Learning ANY new killer in the red ranks is a rough experience, let alone one whose chase mechanics are like learning the game anew from the ground up.

Nerf or not, you wouldn't be having a fun time in the red ranks trying Nurse for the first time. (And to be honest, stacking on add ons to reduce the downsides never goes as well as just improving what's good already.)

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I love how some people take out of their hats statements like this.. if you think shes the same as before you can't be taken seriously.

She's unplayable and unfun for the majority, both skilled and new obviously. You just need to search the forum and you will see. Or wait until the devs have her new data if they are willing to share it in a near future.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

And? You don't even have dedicated servers yet on ps4 lul.

I already explained that in another thread, you can still 4k with her but you have a forced upon playstyle that is not fun for anyone good that you 4k nobody denied that. Will it be more fun? Nope not at all.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Because of the recharge, when in a Chase, only chain blink if you are close. Otherwise, only blink once. That's the only thing I can think of that would make running in a straight line work against Nurse.

• Endstille

Oh that yelling makes me totally see your point, no wait she isn't and you have no point to begin with. People who argue because of a 4k a killer is fine, is laughable at best. These survivors you played, not even all t3 perks, not even all bringing items.

You will see after spirit's slight tweaks how people will go back to nurse and how everybody will explain how this killer is completely unfun for either side. Give it time.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Can you imagine if they wouldn’t of touched Base kit with the add on changes...

• Endstille

Writing in all caps = shouting.

Check the thred of @NMCKE i explained it there in depth why she isn't fine and why survivors will hate new nurse even more.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Okay after you said "on PS4" I laughed hard, good joke mate you nearly got me :)

• justarandy

Since the rework I versed like 5 nurses (2 of them had legacy skins) and I used to verse Nurse every day. Legit nearly noone plays her anymore. And the times I versed nurse we completly made a jokeshow about her. I swear, I was just holding W. I wasn't even looking behind me, it takes them ages to just close distance to be even remotely treating. But by that point I just run into a complex tile (jungle gyms, main building etc) and then I get enough distance to continue the braindead W strat.

• justarandy

You sometimes verse potatoes tho, and theses cases you could go perkless without a headset and get your 4k. These would probably be his semi regular 4ks we all get no matter how skilled we are. But when potatoes can outrun you something is definitely wrong.

• HeroLives

I’ve seen your posts and what you have to say. I just don’t care enough to get into a debate about it, because honestly I just don’t want to. IMO since the changes she’s still fine and just as effective. Did her base kit have to be touched? No. Honestly it’s so rare even before to come across a nurse. It’s still rare but not as Rare to see one. If anything I’d say the majority of the people complaining never even bothered to play her much at all , they play a few matches since the re work then run in here screaming.

here’s the part that nobody is going to like which is why I mostly keep my opinions on survivor and killer to myself. If you have a low skill personal cap as either that’s mostly a personal issue and not a game issue.

• justarandy

I see 3x selfcare and can already say these are potatoes. You Screenshot says nothing.

• FriendlyGuy

I mean she's fine, but her basekit was fine before too. Now every single drop of stress got shifted from the survivor to the killer. Pretty good job so far.

• HeroLives
    edited November 2019

I’m going to stop you right there. Idk where this stigma came from where if you run self care it = noob.

you’re wrong, here’s why.

if every person in match is running inner strength and everyone gets hit atleast 1 time and heals. You’re on limited heals as a group. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had inner strength and all the totems are already gone for one reason or another be it points, heal, prevent noed. Medkits super strong but also limited without having charge addons.

self care takes for fn ever to heal with, but it is hands down the most reliable healing option.

while I’m pointing out obvious things inner strength can be a gigantic time waster consider the time it take to cleanse a totem(assuming you find one if there are any left)Oh wait lots of broken ones let me go find one , and then the time in locker.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

you should have problem from your missed attacks because nurse still faster than most killers besides wall through,

if you playing on pc, she is still strong character between killers

better accurated play could make totally different situation

and go straight is counter? if those people had OoO and pre-run from their sight that actually works vs most killers

4gens at one down...than you might missed tons of chances

if thats the cases i can tolerate your nurse with old stats but not from many others and myself wasn't looked tolerable

• dinocat2
    dinocat2 Member Posts: 23

Tbh I actually like the new nurse, I don’t really feel like the blink recharge hurts her much, and if you do, you can run blink regeneration addons with the fatigue addons. My personal favorite is that useless screaming addon because it’s so dumb but I love it

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Don't worry Mr.Coconut I think from statistics it is safe to say Hag is Over performing. The feds are coming for your killer soon. Of course I could be wrong :3

• Endstille

Sorry that just isn't true and repeating that like a parrot doesn't make it true either. She lost her mobility, people want to make their blinks count and not waste them. I 4ked without addons many times this weekend. Literally 0 fun for everyone including me. So much for your sick theory about low skill cap.

Btw I play without a boring af slug build like you do, no addons and those survivors had for the most part half the points at best like the ones in your screenshot, such fun.That is literally my biggest complaint, nurse doesn't feel rewarding, no fun for everyone. BHVR managed to make sure of it as none of the problems that existed have been adressed by the rework.

It is fascinating that you make assumptions when there was lots of feedback on the nurse changes and why they were bad, by lots of nurse mains. I myself am not even a nurse main. But to make such assumptions like you is just arrogant/ignorant at the same time. You don't even have dedicated servers on ps4 yet, you keep dismissing that completely. But yeah keep thinking everything are knee jerk reactions.

• HeroLives

Okay then don’t play her until they change her again. I literally mean this from the bottom of my heart, I don’t care. It’s not like a lot of people were playing her before either way. Fun, Unfun I honestly don’t care. @Endstille im just tagging you Bc it says everything.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Well ofc she isn't same as before. That was the whole point of her rework geez. The old nurse needed to go and .. she did. Nurse has always been hard to play and I always see players talking how bad this is how bad that is but in the end in majority of the cases it is always about lack of skill

And I don't really know what is this bullshit about running in line ? She clearly can still blink quite the distance. If a survivor who runs in a line gets away from a nurse I don't really kow what to think about the nurse. I just don't see this working

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

All I read was bring back Hags teleport stun. 😉

As a non-Nurse main you summed up Nurse mains frustration nicely. 🤗

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549
    edited November 2019
  • HeroLives

Well let’s hope they change that for you then, even though I’m positive it would result in a nerf, if more people picked her up, Bc all people on both sides yell for is nerfs. It would be a “it was fun while it lasted” thing. But yeah let’s go live with that and see I’ll give it a shot.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I play nurse on xbox and got pretty good at her before the rework you know a miss here and there but still doing just as well with her as i would with billy since im no pro at her. However after this rework dude is she unfun to play, she is addon reliant if you don't want them just running in a straight line like op said and she has crap for ultra rare addons that literally make her worse. You literally need either recharge addons which are the best to use just because it makes her slightly like old nurse, after that its distance addons to catch up to people, than its the fatigue reduction addons which are only slightly useful. Her purple addons are nice but you dont get them often enough for her to rely on them and all her other addons are not worth using assuming you have learned how to accurately blink with her. The LEAST the devs could have done is given us better ultra rare and very rare addons such as an extra blink with no downsides or how about a longer lunge after blinking. Her power is just to punishing if your not highly skilled with her which is going to turn off anyone who would want to learn how to play her.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Every nurse i faced is ez wins.. not trying to be rude, but it's reality. i feel bad for them

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

remember the legion nerf and how the devs were going to keep tabs on them?

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

Oh, seriously? I've got something super cool for you, let me show you my brand new flashlight with odd bulb, I guarantee you will like it~😘

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I completely agree, she is absolutely terrible to play now. You just run in a straight line across the map, that's how you counter her now. Like the WHOLE POINT was to promote going and breaking LOS, but you don't even need to do that now. JUST RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE, doesn't matter if there's debris or anything to block vision, it takes too long to catch up for that to matter.

It's actually a great startedgy now to get the runner to keep her in LOS so she has a target to catch up to instead of focusing gens. Like did anyone even play her on the team...

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Legion is how all killers should be.

Freddy changes were made by a rogue employee and needs to be addressed in a future update.

The average needs to be two kills and two escape or nobody is having fun.

?

This discussion has been closed.