Spirit changes are revealed!

Options

How do you guys feel about the upcoming spirit changes?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,811
    Options

prayer beads change and a vault animation is all I'm happy about

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313
    Options

Yeah, and the no collision while phasing is amazing aswell

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

So sad she was fine. No collision that really sucks

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334
    Options

I'm actually fine with all of these changes. Im glad they didn't do her like they did nurse :-)

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Yes finally !

I must start writing topics to nerf Billy > Freddy > Hag > Huntress

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

They didn't address the main point.

Giving her a tell for when shes using her powers.

Other than that...seems fine to me

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I'm happy.

No vaulting animation was a lot stronger than people thought. Glad they did something about it.

Prayer Beads WERE broken, and now they aren't. I dislike the new change specifically but glad that god awful add on is gone.

Collision removal was the one I was surprised about. Glad to see her way more high risk-high reward than low-risk high-reward now.

I'm ######### RAVING over that animation vaulting change, it's a good day to be Survivor lol

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

They seem like pretty sensible changes to me.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    Options

I actually liked the changes as well, they make her more skillful and make her harder to use. I play a lot of Spirit and she definitely is still a strong killer even with these changes.

I didn't like the vault change though, still it's kind if weird thinking she gunna go though a window normally now. I wonder how it will look.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,805
    Options

Wonderful changes. Especially with the vaulting animation and the awful prayer beads.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Very fair changes! I’m happy with them. There was no denying she was just a bit op. They didn’t go too far like they did with nurse.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

I’m glad she wasn’t hit harder but the no vault was a cool effect that came with playing her

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Looks good. Fair and balanced.

*collects tinfoil hats*

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

I'm cool with the changes.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Much MUCH better than what I was expecting from BHVR. Glad it's not too much.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

I'm fine with it. As a Spirit main I'd rather not have collision and still be able to mind game standing still at pallets.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Only really overpowered thing about her were "Prayer Beads". Luckily they turned them to something better for both sides, oh wait, something nearly useless, thanks for that one.

Now survivors can do the hated "stand-still-mindgame" themselves, pretty good job so far.

A nerf to vaulting, bad word why?

A nerf to a bunch of her addons, bad word why?

Spirit don't got destroyed here, but way more weakened than needed.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Damn. Prayer beads were the only jump scares I got from this so called "horror" game. Oh well, another killer that's boring to play against. At least they're consistent in that way.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,588
    Options

I could be okay with prayer beads changes even though I think they went too far and just made it complete trash.

The other changes are completely unnecessary. My opinion.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    Options

What changes? I'd like to hear your point of view. In my opinion, she seems... ok.

• ruingame
    ruingame Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

If you're going to downgrade Spirit's abilities, raise the other killers. It takes three to five minutes for a Korean server to match a survivor The reason is that when a killer catches a survivor and puts it on a hook, it turns on three generators. So many people in Korea server go to North America server or Japan server. I want you to integrate Korean server with Japanese server. And please raise your killer's ability.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,588
    Options

Other than the prayer beads, all of them.

I don't believe Spirits base kit or other addons needed to be nerfed at all.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Not happy with the vault animation thing, other then that I am pretty happy with the changes

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

Spirit needed these. The killers you mentioned don't.

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109
    Options

Well I'm overall satisfied with the game but I'm concerned about over performing getting a killer nerfed, especially if the DC's in the game are a factor. The changes make it fair for 1v1, but SWF 1v4 she's probably mid tier now.

• MathiaStef
    MathiaStef Member Posts: 132
    Options

Honestly the changes aren't to bad some add-on changes felt a bit to much but other than that they did good they didn't gut Spirit nor her add-ons now hopefully they will start buffing weaker killers in turn my bing bong boy wants some love

• RicardiBacardi
    RicardiBacardi Member Posts: 77
    Options

Pls survivors, now make post on how any other killer is OP in order to nerf him/her.

Thats how this works right? complain about any killer, and lately, it gets nerfed.

But hey! This game its totally killer sided Xd

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433
    Options

Unnecessary.

• qwopper47
    qwopper47 Member Posts: 40
    Options

Glad they are making incremental changes. I still would like them to address the issue where survivors can't tell whether she started using her power or not. We will see with this first patch how she plays and if needs further tweaking.

Also, props to devs for addressing Spirit sooner than later.

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

Some changes where needed like removing collision, But they always take it to far. Nerfing addons NOONE COMPLAINED ABOUT!

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

No more collision makes me super happy. Got found a few times last night with iron will because she happened to bump into me. :(

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Not happy about the basekit changes.

But I like the addon changes, including the non-prayer beads addons.

I've said many times that I think addons in general are a problem, so reducing their impact is always a plus in my book.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

I still think she shouldn't be able to hear Survivors grunts of pain but maybe I'll be proven wrong once Update 3.4.0 goes live in PS4.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

Yeah, but with my headphones I can hear him breathing. Especially because the killer usually takes us to maps with ambience that doesn't do much to cover it up. Also, I have yet to face a scratched mirror Myers that poses a challenge. I'm on console so the pool is shallow.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670
    Options
  • Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Options

Plenty of people are able to find and attack a Survivor while they're healthy. There's no skill behind that aspect of her Power.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670
    Options

You know she can't see blood, right? Survivors tend to be more careless when healthy, really careful when injured

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Options

The problem is that it takes skill to catch a healthy Survivor while Phase Walking, but it's basically game over if you're injured.