Title Edit: We need to buff some killers...

Options
2»

Comments

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260
    Options

Don't hold your breath on getting an answer. Behavior is like a politician, they will never give you a straight answer.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited November 2019
    Options

That's a complete overhaul... they changed his power completely not a "buff"... a buff would be if the team reduced the sleep timer by 2 seconds, reduced his heart beat radius so he could see sleeping survivors closer to him... that's an example of a buff... this is a different version of freddy's that's much better than the other one...

The last "buffed" character that we got was wraith.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I promise you, Freddy is fine, they only really work on Killers people complain about, usually no one has a problem with him.

• gamerscrybecauseofme
    Options

Your experience of the game is vastly different to mine. Your points of reference are laughable to me. You confuse broken with exploits, in a very poor attempt to keep your mooted point valid.

I have no idea what you're referring with a lack of skill expression, especially as it has absolutely nothing to do with nurfs for balancing ?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options
  • OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Now in the recent months everyone had a problem against Spirit and people would DC upon seeing her, refusing to play against her.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    Options

Ikr? Is kinda ironic. I don't think I live in the same world of this people because everytime I play killer and my results are "overperforming", they say: oh your killer is broken, I can't wait for the nerfs GG

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

I love fishing, but this isn’t good bait.

I don’t think anyone has ever said that, like... ever.

Maybe in some cases but ALL killers?

No.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,140
    Options
  • thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Yikes... with a title like that, the OP would get torn a new one on the Warframe Forums.

Nurse and Spirit changes were completely valid. Nurse completely ignores any survivor defenses and Spirit gave so little feedback that survivors might as well have been playing in-game Kahoot.

There are some things in games that need buffs, and others that need nerfs. That's just the way things are. I'm sure all of those killers will be buffed soon enough (please Legion and Bubba for the love of Vigo), but until then we'll just have to wait.

And I'm pretty sure Freddy isn't getting nerfed anytime soon lol.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
  • Carlosylu
    Options

Dude, don't get me wrong, I play both survivor and killer the same amount of time, for me, AS A SURVIVOR, Spirit was fun and counterable, forever Freddy gives me a challenge, and Nurse was pretty cool to play against even when she owned the full team, now, AS KILLER, I was ok with the insta heals, brand new parts, etc.

I only want to see more variety of killers in red ranks (XBOX), right now it's always a Spirit, Freddy, Billie and an ocasional Myers, I don't want to have to de-rank in order to play against these killers being controlled by noobs...

• Watery
    Options

Allow me to rewrite my claim, then.

This thread, in my opinion- is pointless. Not only is this thread subject to major bias on both ends, but I felt like it was meant to cause dispute.

The target audience is unclear.

Peanits even said this himself- this title is mocking something that DOESNT exist.

Even if you have relevant experience on both sides, you are still capable of being biased.

I spend time in high purple ranks and red ranks on BOTH console and PC, I don’t have an issue— I think this criticism would’ve been better placed on FireHazard’s recent thread— which explained more in depth that they want more diversity in killers at red ranks.

I think that thread would be a lot better than straw manning survivor players (assuming that your going for the stereotype of crying survivor main) by saying “KiLlErS ArE ToO poWeRfUl, NeRf ThEm!

But, that’s just my two cents on the subject. I’m merely applying criticism, not attacking you personally— but I just feel like your message (while important) was obscured by how you wrote your original post.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Ok, I'll give you that. The objective of the post was to state that I believe the Devs should focus on Buffing low tier killers more than nerfing the few viable for high ranks, that's it. The title was a way to drag people in (1000 views till now so...)

But maybe I should change the title to help this focalize

• Watery
    Options

Titles that draw people in can also grant misconception, like in my case. Just title your post what the topic of it is.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019
    Options

pallet number reduced.

pallets are thrown later now after passed.

made a perk for limited time.

made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives.

reduced the range for fast vaults.

Healing time increased.

New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything.

Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed.

"Literally nothing you said was a nerf".

Try any time to play survivor, or at least try to get to rank 19. And if you think so, no, I don't either main survivor or killer, I play both equally.

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options

pallet number reduced. - needed, maps were just made of pallets at one point

pallets are thrown later now after passed. - you mean pallet vaccuming? yeah, that was bullshit and needed a nerf

made a perk for limited time. - DS? Yeah, now it's a one minute window where the killer won't interact with you

made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives. - MoM? You mean that absolutely busted perk?

reduced the range for fast vaults. - you can't get free loops around windows anymore, oh no you have to work for your window loops now :(

Healing time increased. - and medkits buffed

New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything. - EGC? Then maybe get out of the game instead of standing around and bullying the killer

Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed. - The only Medkit that has ever lost charges was the emergency medkit, this patch, and if you're only using it for self-healing it has the exact same number of charges as before due to using only 50%. No medkit addons have lost charges. Purple instaheal is functionally the same, and situationally buffed because it can ignore instadowns, pink instaheal was absolutely broken and needed a nerf, it's still good.

So, yeah, a few justified nerfs because of insanely overtuned baselines or just being broken mechanics, and a few nerfs with compensation buffs. Allow me to play you the world's smallest violin.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

I know those are justfed, I just used them as examples to show the discussion author killers got justified nerfs

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options

Some of them, sure.

I can't say any nerfs to Pig, Legion or Freddy(pre-rework) were justified. Nurse needed an add-on look over, but her base kit change just means you have to pay the 9K BP tax to have old nurse. The spirit changes are mostly fine, the change to the Amulet is unnecessary and will make it a dead addon though.