The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

WTH? Giving all exclusive include in-game event exclusive is really heartbreaking news...

AlexoBlue
AlexoBlue Member Posts: 46
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

First of all, unlock all exclusive, but why left bloodletting? huh?

Many people travel to attend game event to get a code and it seems they are played.

Second of all, I get codes from friends.I didn't spend any money on it.Black market...why did it even exists if codes are not released from members in dev?

Third, which is why I make this thread:

WHY unlock lunar year event and summer bbq event exclusive which we spend a lot time to get, are you guys encourage to not attend event and still get award? If so, can u award us all archives exclusive if we don't attend and spend time and money on it?I'm wondering when will you guys unlcok prestige reward clothes of 2016 to everyone?

This news is a great treat for new players of DBD.

BUT I think you guys are abandon players since 2016 gradually...for play their passion and feeling in this game...

I miss the good old dbd and these butch of streamers and friends.(72hrs, narej...so on)

😑

maybe it's time for old player to quit this game.

good job so far.

Edit:🙃

I'm sure there will be and there are some salt toxic replies already down below,

here's a example:

You work your butt off to get a reward from company.

A joined the company one minute early before the reward and did nothing.

U and A get the same salary and reward bonus.

are you ok? are you happy?

stop mocking players play much more time than u...

be a nice guy and behave

think logically...

Comments

• IAmbrogio
    IAmbrogio Member Posts: 2

You're definalty a new player lol. Its about them saying something is "exclusive" . That "exclusive" feeling is what kept some people playing, you barely see anyone back from 2016 playing anymore since they got bored of the game. the ones that decided to stay and want to wear their old cosmetics get a big middle finger from the devs now.

Also if they want to end "shady scam" then they should disable all unused codes atm but let the already activated skins remain the same. And im betting they'll just sell these skins in their cosmetic shop since all BHVR cares about is the money they make, not their community, they gave that up a long time ago when they stopped doing weekly dev streams.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

"I'm upset that people have cosmetics that I also didn't have and I don't want them because I couldn't get the, so they shouldn't want or get them either!"

Also

"How DARE you give us stuff we weren't able to get before! I refuse to be grateful!"

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"You're giving me hard-to-get cosmetics that I wouldn't have been able to get before even if I wanted them? This has nothing to do with gameplay so I'm quitting!"

This is like someone giving you THEIR ball but you still quit the game AND take the ball home with you. XD

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

I am a new player yes but seriously quitting a game over cosmetics is pretty pathetic not gonna lie

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

Bloodletting was a one time deal which you had to actually pay for. Making it free would be a scam to people who unlocked it.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I own two of the skins on that list, got them not from attending the events, but by a steam forum mod giving out codes back sometime in 2017. I have no problem seeing myself lose the exclusivity on them. It’ll be nice to see more of them in games. So, as someone in your generalization, I don’t fit into the “feeling like the devs gave me a middle finger.” I was in the right place at the right time to get them, I’ve got no issues with everyone having them.

• JanDenmark
    JanDenmark Member Posts: 46

agreed. i only feel bad for the people who used money on codes to get those items XD

• I wish I had the skins before so I could say I think it's fine, with a little more weight to my opinion lol. It would have been the same still though; I generally dislike exclusivity as a concept I think it's a bad slope.

• AlexoBlue

You speak out what I want to say, thank you man. -- a player since 2016 beta ...

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

If nothing else, BHVR could just refund that and that's that.

Well, other than the ones sold on ebay or whatever.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Cosmetic atm is the only thing in this game that shows who a player is...

When you see a donkey jacket David you know that player has been playing the game for that long and that David plays the quite a bit since they earned that reward....

AMD the reward factor is what I am most upset about... I do not enjoy knowing that all the noobies will have what I have earned .. it's a slap in the face of the dedicated player base who have invested enough to do well in the game ----> earned the exclusives.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

Dude, no one really cares if you've played for a while. Plus all the events where just do specila gens and hooks, so it wasn't even hard. No one but you really cares about the reward factor. No one cares what skins you use in general, people just like using them cause they look cool for them

• AlexoBlue

No one? How could you represent all players? Since this news came out, dbd friends in my friend list all care, so who are u speaking for?

what game are u into? csgo? what if dev gave all csgo exclusives to all players? u still sit there and smile?

• ZackAndCody
    ZackAndCody Member Posts: 34

I have the events skins and I'm not complaining about being "exclusive". Just acept and its good for newer players = chance for them not leaving the game. Its alright buddy

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Imagine cosmetics are more important than the actual game. Are you a shopping Queen irl? I wouldn't be suprised honestly.

• AlexoBlue

good for you that don't have passion in one special game for a long time. fair Point, stupid and shame on me to pay for a not real stupid video game.

• AlexoBlue

sigh...loyalty...i mean, seems doesn't matter to dev at all.

I do get your point though. good talk. :

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I have a passion for this game, I'm playing since 2016 very actively. But never ever did I even consider spending that much money for exclusives or similar.

• AlexoBlue

I own these exclusives all from friend free-gift, but I just feel stupid spend time play lunar year and summer bbq event

• JanDenmark
    JanDenmark Member Posts: 46
  • Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145

I own the codes for Donkey Jacket and Street Meg + S.F Claudett

Im fine with them making them available, i took the risk when i bought these cosmetics and its nothing wrong with them for wanting to quit shady practices.

What im not ok with is the Event Items

They where Event Items, they have the same status as Legacy to alot of players. I used to own 2 pieces Legacy but lost it because of the Level 0 bug in 2017. Now im just upset that the skins i thought would be a somewhat replacement for that will be available for anyone, wasting my time during the Event, hell i took vacation from my workplace in order to get the Summer BBQ done -.-

They have the same status as Legacy, even though Legacy was harder to obtain i know, and maybe its the part of me that really wants his Legacy cosmetics back but if they make the Event items free for all legacy has to be too. Its the same thing.

Timed exlusives that can't be obtained anymore.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Well, I am a player from 2016 and still think it is too much drama to consider quitting a game because it gives exclusive cosmetics for free to new players.

Idk man, I play this game because I like the gameplay, not because I like the cosmetics and want them all for myself.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2019

Tbh I really don’t care that they are giving the cosmetics out even if I did have to do an event to earn them. Being able to play in the events was awesome enough for me, the cosmetics were just a plus. It’s sad that they won’t have the time to do more in depth events :/ I’m okay with them even reusing ideas like the bbq event, or the lanterns. Those were neat, they don’t even need a change.

• xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2019

While it's heartbreaking for those who already had it, not being able to get those exclusives is heartbreaking for those who never had a chance.

I don't know if you were there, but there was a time where a lot, and I mean a lot, of people wanted Legacy or some variant of it to return, because the skins looked cool to a lot of players, and it was heartbreaking that those players couldn't get them anymore, simply because they might not even have known the game existed (I know I didn't).

Edit: Yes, I'm aware Legacy isn't returning, this is just as an example for how it feels to be on the side who didn't get the chance to earn them.

Exclusives are always a double-edged sword, so really it's up to you, the individual, to be empathic enough to put aside your own gripes with it and see it on the bright side: everyone gets to have these little tidbits now, nobody is being left out.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Heartbreaking? Oh my goodness the OTT drama.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Bruh I literally have like half the stuff they're giving everyone guess what? I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. It's cosmetics and we've had them like forever. We've been able to be cooler than everyone else for this long, I don't think it's a ripoff because they still WERE exclusive for a long time, just aren't anymore. Them giving the stuff to everyone now doesn't reverse the past.

Everyone is being super dramatic about this, honestly I think this community is just waiting for something to complain about and create a shitstorm

• DeadByTunnelight
    DeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 79

Exactly! Guys stop please with rude comments. I'm not surprised why this person want to leave this game because it's so trash now, not only because of cosmetics. Broken hitboxes, a lot of bugs and devs prefer to do dlc's, add skins than fixing game. I'm not surprised why 72hrs left this game.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I guess i'm the only one that looked at the 'Kate's free song bird dress'; didn't bother reading and thought it was a rabbit shaped balaclava...

Annnnnd back to my fantasy land i go...

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

Dude, you're just selfish.

• AlexoBlue

U didn't get the point, whatever... It's your time to shine, pround of you, we're from the old era and I can not make sense with your era,bye.

• AlexoBlue

Tell me this, why u should get the same reward while others trying very hard to get it.Selfish? why there's poor and rich? why can't be all equal? U are pround of getting something without trying and effort? That's selfish and bug of this society.

• AlexoBlue

Do think critically and logically and stand on the high ground before joining the flood

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

"You work your butt off to get a reward from company.

A joined the company one minute early before the reward and did nothing.

U and A get the same salary and reward bonus.

are you ok? are you happy?"

This is one of the worst "examples" of why you people are upset that I've seen so far. lmao

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

If you think these cosmetics aren't cool now that other people can have them, you didn't like them in the first place. You enjoyed feeling like an elitist dong, and that's the sad truth.

Also, if you don't have legacy, you weren't in the cool kids club to begin with, so don't joke around (said by someone who started in 2018, and therefore obviously does not have legacy lol)

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

just ignore them and appeal your idea to devs as possible

other than all these insults nothing but hurt you

i only having few common event exclusives but these kids are truly evil so i have to say

they talking spending 10$ on this game like auric cell only skins or dlcs expensive

and their system can be least 1500$ or double if they run this game smooth fps like me

than they knowing somewhat they can't make money and they getting reward from didn't even tried to get but devs announced they can have them free

and neither do i, i like to get any rare skins for free

i don't have any code items before, i having just few common event items

than we get items but people like AlexoBlue can't have more, actually they can having less from its exclusive value, we should pity them not insult them

maybe these kids didn't even learned whats communism so they can't understanding what their feeling from devs one sided conclusion without rewards? idk but looks truly "evil within"

also i never saw this kind of thing happend without considering any sweat or open market

i want to notice devs,even if you not the one decided to sell those codes

they spreaded somehow and people sold two years,it wasn't black market it was on ebay

and in game people saw something they didn't knew so interested about having so ideas may lead to buying those skins on ebay

for 2 years again its openmarket and theres no one warned until every process done

and people might thought that was natural because in all other games i know they never given exclusives for free doesn't matter its dated or not

even worthless ones, because they believes people into it, they want to value them

i don't know why i glad not having exclusive items, because i like to have expensive skins in games like in team fortress it was unusuals and aust...raliums? and csgo factory new knives and guns also pubg, so i understand whiners right now

what i can't understand is those evil insults looks like somewhat madness agans rich kid

i think thats dirty why they can't realize that? they feeling inferiority in game skins? lol

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I have most of the exclusive cosmetics they’re releasing.

It’s fine. Not everyone is upset about it.

• AlexoBlue

Alright buddy, thank you for the understanding.I'll ignore them.

If the dev update still with this decesion, I think many players (most likely old timers who left)would never buy those cells.

I saw that every thread about old gamer feeling sad about this decesion came along a bunch of insult replies with all kinds of creeds even it's really immature.

Good talk man.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

This has nothing to do with an "era", it is just a matter of sight. I started playing September 2016, I also have some exclusives, and I couldn't care less if they are now available for everyone. They didn't feel special for me before and they won't feel any different after. It is just a skin. Nothing worth to flex with. I didn't even used them much because there are better ones imo.

I'm rather happy and look forward to get the skins I don't already have, like street Meg or the Claudette cosmetics.