The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Free Exclusives = Isolating Loyal Players

2»

Comments

• marvelmovie
    marvelmovie Member Posts: 195

It's not like you guy's are going to consistently wear these items the minute the new line of cosmetics are introduced you will abandon them. I really don't understand why you have to have them now.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236

They're giving everyone them so players will realise how dumb they are that they spent so much on a skin re colour

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2019

Oh, and YOU are? You have all of these cosmetics equipped right now and you never wear anything else? I don't think so.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2019

I mean... yeah. But that's something the developers decided to do, not something the rest of us that are supposedly unworthy of event exclusive skins could do anything about.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aurelionunu
    Aurelionunu Member Posts: 16

Not once have I mentioned that I spent money on a one of the convention codes, nor did I go to the convention. If you read my post correctly, you'd realise I was taking a hypothetical stance to a the scenario. Regardless, you cannot simply dismiss the role of the developer's in people choosing to spend this kind of money. By creating exclusives in the first place, they were aware that they were creating a market for these exclusives. The definition of exclusive, especially within gaming contexts, means that these will NEVER be available again, cementing this status for those who were able to obtain it. By going back on their words, they are breaking a promise and have falsely advertised their product to the loyal players who could be fortunate enough to get them. I completely disagree with their justification for it because they are full of contradictions. Not only were they so late to put and end to these black markets, they are still not able to completely stop as they STILL have exclusives. As a company, they have a duty to protect their product from being mishandled and overpriced, in order to protect their customers - they are ultimately the ones in control of the product, not those unfortunate enough to spend the money on them. They only spent this money because of the exclusive status BHVR gave them.

• tom2go
    tom2go Member Posts: 8

the exclusive's quality isn't as good as the cosmetics in the shop. I don't understand why people want them. People want to get them not for their looks, but their exclusivity and bragging rights. A month after the update people won't wear these often, just like before the update when they were exclusive. People will get bored of them.

Just like Claudette's pink jacket. Nobody wears it.

This discussion has been closed.