R.I.P. Events

Options

I understand WHY they are ditching events but I will really miss them. The Chinese New Year event was enjoyable, last years Halloween event was fantastic and having no Summer event was really disappointing.

Future events are going to be more akin to this years Halloween event. Which didn't even feel like event.

Even if the Halloween event had been exactly the same as last years, I would still have enjoyed it. I want to to collect lamps and I want to squeeze juice out of plants.

Instead, we will get events where we have to facecamp 4 Claudettes, make 5 killers ragequit and teabag Hillbilly twice on a Hill while running Windows of Opportunity.

Comments

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

I will really miss the Moonrise event and the lanterns.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

BHVR said it's because it's too much effort etc, too much time yet i think it's from the moaning minnies.

• Mushwin
    Options

well i don't know i meam if there wasn't so many complaints i feel they wouldn't of done this

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

All excuse to hide everything behind there battle pass

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

It was always about the money, if bhvr could charge ppl for participating in the events and many ppl bought it they would continue them.

They probably make more money from 1 skin from a popular surv/killer than an entire event would give.

• Mushwin
    Options

No i don't mean about money or anything, just every event they have done in the past it's got more negativity then anything, even though a bunch of us liked the events, it was somethign different...but i feel because BHVR have got more bad response then good, the perhaps think why bother putting the effort in, can't blame them really but it sucks for the rest of us who liked them.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

It was really annoying that people complained so much about these fun events. "Oh people get their serum and then let themselves die on hook".

Now we have Claudette deliberately getting chased by the killer and dropping the first 15 pallets she sees.

• jeyers
    Options

Maybe the events truly were getting worse over time then and the complaints are justified ?

And instead of doing a better job the entirity of events is now cancelled and we get more skins for 10$, great deal yeah.

• Mushwin
    Options

well just imagine putting 100 percent in to an event, then the flood gates open and here come the comlainers with their pitch forks and torches....then imagine trying again, putting maybe 8 percent in and then oh lordy low and behold here they come again....maybe the devs just sort of feel deflated?

• jeyers
    Options

I think the devs see how much more money a simple skin provides and choose not to bother with fixing anything at this point, skins and battle pass makes money for them.

I'm afraid this is a point in dbd where things will spiral down and the devs will just milk the community for as long as possible with 10$ skins.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

The hallowed blight was NOT fantastic, it was a well meaning train wreck that turned into farm and die 2018. I personally am glad they’re ditching the events of that kind, they were bad and completely changed how people played, and not in a good way.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,598
    Options

Thing is, if the game would actually be bug-free this would be a valid argument. And we know, it is not.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options
  • BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

So every event from now on will just revolve around more mindless variety less XP/BP grinding. Just like it is and always has been every other day

Year round

Ah well I guess. I prefer they not make events anyway if they are going to be rushed and poorly done anyway

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

It's weird how many people want new objectives or other things to do (new game modes ahem)... and the few events that had that are completely removed.

I don't get it.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

It's weird how many people want new objectives or other things to do (new game modes ahem)... and the few events that had that are completely removed.

I don't get it.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

All events were far from being perfect but they were at least something fresh to do. They had opportunity to serve new game modes via events and instead of polishing the idea they will abandon it??

Well at least I'm not gonna get my event skins removed from my inventory randomly...so yeah nice "fix" for that.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

If it means more just double bloodpoint events or something i am happy that is all I want. Could care less about all the other stuff.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options

DBD Events were barely nerfed at all. Those who are complaining just need to get better

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209
    edited November 2019
    Options

To be honest it does seem like a lot of work just to have the whole community ######### about it.

Go back to any content made by popular dbd players and they'll be moaning a out the added objective and the comments will be piling on.

This community will endlessly complain about ANYTHING, why the ######### shouldn't the devs make some money while getting crapped on instead of doing it pro bono.

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128
    Options

Everyone always complained about the events, saying how bad they were. Now they are gone and people suddenly love them?? Its much better that they're focusing on the actual game instead of wasting time on events everyone cried about anyway

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

Don't be fools, of course it's about money. Always has been, always will. lol

• horsegod386
    horsegod386 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Feelsbad, I never truly got to play an ACTUAL event, I only really played this years Halloween, which I enjoyed seeing everyone run around with the glowing medkits and the spooky ghost flashlights.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

I'm actually okay with them ditching high effort Events in favor of game improvements. DBD still runs terribly on console.

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260
    Options

To bad it will not be bug fixes but more stuff dealing with their new battle pass probably.

• Aluna
    Aluna Member Posts: 66
    Options

That last part made me laugh out loud cause it so true.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If we lose one thing to gain another, it's fine. The Devs say that it's not permanent, just for now.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited November 2019
    Options

They can never keep everyone happy which has been shown each time anything changes.

I loved all the past events and I do have to say the current one was substandard. It didn't feel like an event and just a tiny bloodpoints reward. If it wasn't for the bloodhunt it would have felt worse.

That being said I can understand the need to take a step back and do what people have been asking for a long time and fix the game. While events are nice they are something free that can take a lot of work so it's an obvious choice to put on the back burner.

I do hope future events change even a simple gift box which looks like something to do with the time of year with one in each blood web over lvl 30. Its a random gift when opened and gives a chance of extra bloodpoints, shards, random cosmetic pieces (skins or now charms) or even a small amount of auric cells say 20 or so. Add on some nice visual changes even if small just noticable and it's a simple way to do it. This means the game stays the same in terms of playing and the more you play the more you can get. Add in a bloodhunt for the first and last 3 days of it and I would be over the moon to take part.

Just my suggestion which may differ from others 😁

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16
    Options

Bruh chill out for god's sake lmao. Oooh no a few of my generators and hooks won't change visually and I don't get (insert event currency here) for doing the event gen or hooking on the event hook boohoo. You don't even need to buy the premium tier of the rift to get any of the event-exclusive rewards. Besides, it pays you back the ammount of in-game currency you paid for premium if you complete all the tiers, if you actually complete the pass everytime you only have to pay $10 in total for all of them. With the archives and rift system in place there's literally no need for them putting in unique systems for event currency and then remove it when it's no longer needed when you can just implement it into the current pass on the free track. Nothing is lost execpt for pretty looking cosmetic changes to objectives.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I really want to believe this to be the goal and if it turns out to be true then I'm all for it. I've said before that a sturdy foundation will make future updates run a much smoother transition (yeah I'm far from the only person to have said this). Please prove this will be more than just words by keeping in touch with the community on progress ^.^

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

I loved the lunar event. ): I always miss the Halloween event so was excited this year till this junk showed up.

Question does this mean we will continue to have to grind the battle pass for holiday rewards? I have little to no respect for including it into the battle pass. It was a forced feature for people to get a cosmetic they liked.

People enjoy the events because they are a uniquely fun time in DBD. We grind for cool cosmetics so we wont have to buy them later. This time the event was tied to the battle pass. The event itself really outside of a offering for a few extra BP was legit a worse 2x BP event. Even the event hooks could be sabotaged which I'm sure one of the Devs mentioned before would be removed.

So overall if events are gonna be slaughtered and added to the battle pass what's the point of events anymore ?

• Mushwin
    Options

Yes but BHVR have been saying this for a while now, hence no summer event and it looks unlikely a winter event, but we still have bugs, no dedicated servers.