If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Please, I am begging you: Stop putting letterboxes on your videos

Options

I get it. You're targeting widescreen 16:9 monitors and televisions. You want that cinematic feel, so you create the video in a cinematic aspect ratio. You want to make sure the video displays correctly to the end user, so you add letterboxes in post.

Here's the thing: for those of us with displays that have nonstandard aspect ratios, this ends up looking atrocious. It does not have to be this way

To be clear, every single video Behaviour has put out like this displays like in my picture on 21:9 screens. I don't know if you knew, but now you do. You don't actually have to do this, especially when it comes to releasing these teasers on YouTube, because YouTube will add the letterboxes for you if you are watching on a 16:9 display and will use the full vertical height of the display if it can. In other words, YouTube scales videos correctly, you do not need to bake your black bars into the video. You're not ensuring that the video displays correctly at that point, but rather you're making sure that for some people, it will display incorrectly!

I think I speak for most 21:9/ultrawide users when I say it is understandable to have the game itself restrict field of view when rendering at wide resolutions to ensure we don't have any kind of unfair advantage especially considering the nature of Dead By Daylight. It's just a shame that right now every time I launch this game or watch a trailer on the monitor I use to play this game on, your gorgeous prerendered videos are letterboxed AND pillarboxed. It just makes it a lot harder to appreciate what the fine people who animate this stuff have done.

I would love if the cinematic the game starts with on the PC version had this letterboxing removed. I would also love it if from now on when Behaviour releases these teasers they don't bother putting the letterboxes on.