If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

VPN Usage

Options
projecteulogy
projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just played against a killer playing from Dubai using a VPN. The killer was insanely laggy and warping everywhere. Players using a VPN to change their country in order to take advantage of both lag and already hit boxes need to be punished.

I understand some people use a VPN to bypass country filters, but this is causing an actual problem. Every time I get a killer that's laggy i check the profile post game, most every time its noted that they are playing in a completely different country. If this isn't against the rules, it needs to be.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

There needs to be the ability see the killers connection to the game, as a survivor. I do not need to play the "Will This Hit Me?" Game because their ping is 250+

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,667
    Options

If they are using a VPN the ping will register very low because you see the ping to the VPN server rather than the player though.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

I'd like to clarify that i'm not talking about someone in Florida using a VPN to change their IP to California. This is still in the same country. Even if you were to pick Canada. Even Mexico! That's fine. There's much less issue transferring data when you're on the same continent.

This is probably hands down THE most frustrating thing about DBD now since Hitboxes are broken already due to dedicated servers. I personally use a VPN depending on what sites i visit. But to cause lag in a game that gives me an advantage is absurd. This isn't like packet loss with old dialup games where you had to "lag shoot" ahead or behind a player to hit them. This is just warping nonsense and getting downed from 10+ meters away from the killer/Hatchet.