Hatch jump animation screwed me over.

Options

I was in a close call with the trapper at the hatch after he closed it. With my key I opened the hatch which opened and forced me into the animation of sliding off the top of hatch and into a trap. Why is it my fault that the games animation get me trapped? It was an action I couldn't control. Can we get this fixed? Didn't get the escape or get to keep the key.

Comments

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    Options

Wow I didn’t know you could set a trap on top of the hatch.

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321
    Options

Disarm the trap first. A trapper trap is one of the only things in the game that can stop a survivor with a key from hatching. And, it only ever helps if the Trapper is right next to the trap while the survivor is trying to disarm it. Literally just wait for the Trapper to walk away and then disarm it, since the time to use the key to open the hatch afterwards is instant. Keys would get nerfed before they ever changed this.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

I'm gonna have to remember this from now on. Trapper shadow buff confirmed?

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438
    Options

Not hatch related, but sometime last year, I went to disarm a trap, the animation LITERALLY swung my character Kate around to the other side of the trap thus trapping me in the trap in the process. Trapper had a mori and killed me soon after. I'm sure that issue has been fixed in a previous update since it's never happened again.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75
    Options

Yeah I get that you should disarm it first but I was getting chased and had just enough time to jump in. Standing on the hatch I was fine but he placed it right on the "entrance". The reason the key would be nerfed first is because it's a killer game. The only reason I play survivor is to be with friends for blood points which is a waste of time because you get hooked so fast and camped it's not worth trying. But no. Let's let a FORCED animation screw the survivor over, again.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Karma for using a key lmao