Is The Plague worth buying?

Her design is dope as hell and I really enjoy the religious themes in her lore, but is she a viable killer?

Comments

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Yes, she's viable. Tough learning curve according to our data though. Low kill rate at low rank, high kill rate at high rank.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

She is not only viable, but she has 2 great perks and a situational perk as well. Corrupt Intervention can replace Ruin pretty well on quite a few 'set up' killers

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I would say there is a lot of 'busywork' with Plague. Puking on this, puking on that, drinking from fountains...

I like her but after a while I do appreciate switching to a more straightforward chasing killer like Clown for example.

• Yeah, she requires a lot of doing and keeping track of so many things at once, just to make her effective. She isn't bad, but there are killers that are just as fun if not more so and require less multitasking.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

A lot of multi tasking but damn is she good, I love Dying Light, Thana, Corrupt and Pop on her, she's alright.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

4 slow down perks. that says a lot about standard gen speed...

• JHarsch
    JHarsch Member Posts: 41

She can be tough, but she's a fun killer to play.

Pros: Can spread infection to a survivor by infecting totems, gens, ledges, pallets, etc. This becomes a great way to force someone that's looping into becoming infected. She can also track survivors (to a degree) by keeping watch on what they touch. As in, hiding in a locker is not a good option since the locker will turn green. You can also hear vomiting and coughing, which is another nice bonus around bigger loops and jungle gyms. Survivors will typically avoid cleansing till late game, but you can see where they cleanse and you can become OP for a short while if you pick up Corrupt Purge. Her perk Infectious Fright is very useful when you have Corrupt, and is great on killers like Shape and Hillbilly (instadowns)

Cons: She's a tall lady and easy to spot. Her purge can be avoided relatively easily just by juking. Becoming fully infected also doesn't guarantee a down. Some survivors won't purge at all, meaning you won't get that sweet Corrupt. Requires a lot of juggling. I personally have not found much use for Dark Devotion because it relies on hitting the obsession. Corrupt Intervention is a decent perk for killers that require setup (Trapper and Hag), but it can be bypassed by simply waiting out the timer.

If you do play her, you can stock up on her Apple addons because they give you a pool of Corrupt Purge right from the start. Starting with 2 pools is good insurance against SWFs imo

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Yes, she is and she also has Infectious Fright, which is a very good perk on many killers.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Plague is probably my favorite killer to play as. Both of her pukes are powerful in their own way. You are either permanent T3 Myers or a crowd control version of Huntress

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

At first I thought the title said bullying...

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 130

She's a great killer, has a bit of a learning curve, but it's not too bad.

Also has two great teachables (Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright) with Dark Devotion being a meme perk.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

How would you answer the question if that were the case?

• thrawn3054

I was thinking ######### is wrong with the OP? I was trying to decide what was worse. That they are openly asking about bullying. Or that they were like is Plague worth the time to bully. I was torn between confusion and wanting to lay a verbal smack down.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

So i guess the answer is no, she's not worth bullying lol

• thrawn3054

It probably would have been more along the lines of me telling them to stop being an #########.