Camping killers

Why is it that when a killer camps no one just does gens and have at least 2 people escape ? I know getting the person unhooked would be good but if they camp they usually tunnel as well so unless you have borrowed theres no point. I do gens when i see someone is being camped unless i have borrowed but whenever i solo queue i always see all 3 other survivors bum rush the hook and die. I dont understand.

Also side note. Came across a facecamping hag last game that was interesting to me since well... she can teleport to her traps you dont really need to camp you essentially are just by having a trap there. I was very confused about this hags decisions.

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

This requires that you know the killer is camping for one thing. If you are playing with a full SWF team then you can just communicate over voice chat that this is the case. But the majority of games are played with out full voice comms. That means you need to run to wherever the player that is hooked is to find out if they are camped or not. Then you have to stick around for a bit to confirm whether the killer is in fact camping or just happened to be patrolling nearby. Then you have to run all the way back to your gen. All of this eats up a lot of wasted time making punishing a camping killer more difficult than it sounds. Perks like kindred, decisive strike, and borrowed time help with camping but unfortunately it is still pretty effective.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 715

There is a challenge for unhooking survivors in the Archive so people are playing in weird ways to complete that stuff.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

Kindred is kind of mandatory for solo queue IMO. No downside to having it. As for why teammates don't just do gens even if they know the killer is camping? A lot of players just have bad game sense. There's a "they won't get away this" mentality that comes with the hook kamikaze plays, which unfortunately is exactly what the killer is banking on.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,508
    edited November 2019

Im actually one of the people that goes for the save depends on the killer though for leatherface i go down and start the unhook then when he revs to go for the swing ill sprint burst run and hell most likely hit the hook and stun himself then i save the guy with bt and leave. Then of course i see the leatherface chasing the guy i just clutch saved instead of me and sigh. (This also works with deadhard but is more risky). And sometimes if its like the guys that close to dead ill do it and purposely stay in place so the leatherface hits me and hooks me because i just gave the other survivors time to do gens and saved that guys life.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

Its still totally possible if they are standing completely still staring at the hook which ive seen happen multiple times survivors tend to see that and still go for the save no one ever just does gens. I almost never see it unless it is swf because like you said they will tell their team to do so.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

Borrowed is the only time where if someone is being camped ill be ok with trying to save them because it makes sense they get an extra hit they can get away. Be hard if the killer is tunnel visioned but more possible than if bt wasnt a thing

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

Survivors doing challenges are the ones doing things like face camping as hag lol

I think people are going to eventually give up or get good