The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SPRINT BURST NERF

ill just say this. im a survivor main and i occasionally play killer when im bored or so but, cmon sprint burst shouldnt have been nerfed at all. all killers are MEANT to catch the survivor no matter what. you can be half way across the map and the killer wiill still catch up to you no matter what! and i don't care if this forum is filled with killers mains and what not. if they wanted to really nerf sprint burst they could of done better. what i think they should of done is when the survivor is in a chase with the killer the exhaustion meter pauses untill they chase is over. even if theyre not getting chased the exhaustion meter should still go down while running.

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Survivor mains who don't want to adapt. I'm a survivor main who doesn't use sprint burst. Due to mechanics and balance, your proposition wouldnt be a balanced solution. Lore wise, how can you recover from exhaustion while running? They updated the instaheal and adrenaline to counter freddy as to make sense. Play killer more and you'll understand, i play a lot of both sides. See how the mechanics aren't on the killers side, they don't have the power role.
  • 1Handirl
    1Handirl Member Posts: 92

Sprint Burst is a B tiered perk. There are plenty of better options.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

AngryPug proven you don't need such perks on high ranked to survive, check out his twitch channel

Is sprint burst fine? Dude in this video it activated 4 times in a chase, as a result, helped him to loop the Killer for 5 gens just an example, without it he would be dead a long time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUM0FdIF0RU

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Sprint Burst is the best exhaustion perk in the game.

It didn't need any conditions for to activate besides running. It counters most killers powers when activated and is now the only exhaustion perk that cannot be negated by exhaustion negation add-ons from the killers (at least when compared to the other exhaustion based perks).

Of ######### course it needs to be nerfed. Pity that the other exhaustion perks suffered more then Sprint Burst, but it's still king.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Survivor mains who don't want to adapt. I'm a survivor main who doesn't use sprint burst. Due to mechanics and balance, your proposition wouldnt be a balanced solution. Lore wise, how can you recover from exhaustion while running? They updated the instaheal and adrenaline to counter freddy as to make sense. Play killer more and you'll understand, i play a lot of both sides. See how the mechanics aren't on the killers side, they don't have the power role.

adapt, adapt, adapt. That's all you can say. Nothing else you can make up. I don't want to adapt, i want to play the old dead by daylight. Not this thing you call "a balancing update"

• Dabrownman1812
    No need to make anything. All games have metas, metas change. Game has been against killers for a while. Learn, adapt. Doesn't matter what you don't want. No one wants to change when given so many tools. If you look at mechanics, math, statistics, it doesn't give killers the power role. Even take the freddy week 1 nerf, devs gave so many handouts to survivors and pretty much placed their needs first. They accepted people will complain, but change needs to come. 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Love this.

Adapt. Don't rely on your Sprint Burst. Run earlier, use different ones like Lithe or Balanced Landing (Lithe is more useful than Sprint Burst as it stands right now).

Just adapt. All changes BHVR makes can't please everyone.

• Dabrownman1812
    Brady said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Love this.

Adapt. Don't rely on your Sprint Burst. Run earlier, use different ones like Lithe or Balanced Landing (Lithe is more useful than Sprint Burst as it stands right now).

Just adapt. All changes BHVR makes can't please everyone.

Word, peeps love to last second run when in trouble. Run earlier, be more aware. Cant sprint burst reliably from stealth killers? Run spine chill and stealth away sooner. Diversify. People want the same thing to work all the time. This is horrible because it also makes it so future perks aren't used. More tact perks. The devs pretty much admitted that they didn't account for the long term effects of certain perks, the impacts when ran by 4 people. Which is why we are now getting a dstrike nerf.