calling all survivor mains

why do you main surv? ive tried it and i hate it lol.

whats so fun about hiding and holding m1? do you like the chase? the team work? the stealth?

im genuinely curious as to why so many people love survivor.

also, not saying its a bad thing. without you surv players, us killers would be lonely af. <3

Comments

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    edited November 2019

I love the teamwork, although sometimes my teammates may not cooperate lol. I also enjoy seeing the killer go by as I'm hiding behind a tree or rock (stealthy).

• LunarFace
    LunarFace Member Posts: 44

i feel that. i thought i would like trying survivor cause i love stealth games and being spooked... but im way better at killer lol

rank 1 killer, rank 20 survivor lol

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

That was my experience as a killer. I was a terrible killer. As soon as I switched sides I knew being a survivor was for me.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

What if I'm 90% survivor main

• GothamUpsideDown
    GothamUpsideDown Member Posts: 20

As a Survivor, I feel like the game is more fun and dynamic. There's more that can be done and greater fun to be had. I love the stealth and teamwork aspects. It's more satisfying to survive a match against a really good Killer than it is to sacrifice all Survivors as a Killer, in my opinion.

I'm sure I have more hours clocked as a Survivor, but I do enjoy playing them both. Survivor is just my preferred role.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I'm complete ass at chases but man when I manage to survive long enough for a gen or 2 to be done it feels good

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

Survs is chill and I can just relax in a match for once. Best advice I can give to solo survs is don't expect anything from your team and just play to pip, or whatever your goal is.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

It's primarily the chases, I enjoy challenging myself and reacting to whatever the killer is doing.

But pulling a SWF level of team work with random survivors is pretty good too but it's pretty rare. Like man if you get that times where everyone just had the same idea and was in sync to pull that off is great.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

It’s less stressful and I like the challenge it brings. Doing gens, rescuing and looping are more entertaining than killing everybody lol

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

I'm not really an anything "main", but I enjoy both sides for the ability to outplay and trick eachother. As killer I live for the moments where I do some weird unexpected stuff and get a hit for it, and as survivor I live for the moments where I do something unexpected and get to see the killer's visible confusion 😄.

The main objective of gens isn't exactly exciting but there's many other aspects of survivor play that are. The aforementioned chasing, general teamwork, the feeling of getting pallet/flashlight saves, bringing a hyper-specialized build that ends up working out perfectly, saving other survivors from tricky situations via a coordinated effort - that sort of stuff.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I like to play Survivor because i like to play stealth, be chased, juke the killer and play as a 'team'. I really love the feeling of when a killer walk by you and didn't see you. When i lose a killer on a chase and not because they got tired of chasing. Also when i save my 'team' and we 'all' escape. I also love the survivor lore, personalities and looks.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yes it is a rush! Some people say survivor is boring. However, at these times it's an Adrenaline rush.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

One reason I main survivor so hard is because DBD is a game I like to play with my friends, but I don't enjoy KYF because I take the game less seriously and find it less thrilling when my opponent is my friend and not a stranger. Perhaps the fact that everything is handed to you in KYF and there are no ranks, xp or bloodpoints earned, therefore no real stakes, also have a hand in it. But if I weren't almost always with friends when I play, I'd probably play a lot more of both sides.

Similarly to many others, I enjoy survivor for two main reasons: cooperation and stealth. I'm a big fan of cooperative and team games in general, and when it comes to DBD there are few things more satisfying than pulling off a great save, or managing to juke the killer in a chase, or watching the killer looking for you from the safety of the excellent hiding place you found.

Basically, being part of a successful team is great, and so is feeling like you've outsmarted your opponent (which is something I'm sure killers can also agree with). The teamwork thing is probably the main reason that I prefer survivor to killer, because while killer can be enjoyable in its own way, I don't really like the feeling of being alone and unsupported with a whole team of people against me.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I like the thrill of being chased, always have. I get excited going against a Michael or Ghost Face ;)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ve actually ran into a friend of mine twice when he was killer and another one three times on my team, small world in red ranks lol.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

The chases are really fun, which is one of the only reasons i like survivor so much. There isnt really much else.

• LunarFace

well im glad you all enjoy survivor and being chased... cause i really enjoy chasing you all lol

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I wouldn't call myself a Survivor Main as I also play Killer, being a 50/50 player. Although I will say that I often lean towards playing Survivor more often than Killer.

I love the teamwork and stealth, yes. I also love the chase however I prefer if I am not the killer's first choice of being chased. I like to play the game in a way that will most likely increase my chances of survival, even if it means tagging the killer away from me and onto another survivor.

I don't 99% gates, I don't go for risky saves unless I can safely ensure that I can also survive getting away, and the only time I'll try to get the killer's attention is when DS is active and I need them to pick me up as soon as possible.

I'm a team player when I need to be, but I will run and escape and leave the others for dead when the opportunity presents itself. It's a different story when I am playing with friends however, as I am more inclined to be altruistic and go for the save as more of my friends being alive is more beneficial for both of our survivals.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

360'ing is by far one of the funnest things iv ever done in any video game iv ever played, and i LOVE making montages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOd3BbTuo4 <---- one

secondly i love the feeling of out smarting/juking a killer it feels super satisfying

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited November 2019

I wouldn't say I'm a survivor main, but I do play more survivor because being in higher ranks guarantee being with less campers and bad players overall, whereas as killer, being in higher ranks only grants you more difficulty.

As for what I enjoy about playing survivor, there are many things. Some small, some big.

Hiding from the killer, having them look all around and not find you and then leave is a pretty fun experience. Tension is in the air because you don't know if you'll be found or not, and when you're not it's a big sigh of relief and then you get to complete that generator(most likely) before they're back. Being chased by the killer and managing a long one is also a big rush. Things like that are fun, but then there are also those rare moments when you know 100% that your random teammate has your back and you have theirs.

I remember this one game specifically where it was just down to me and one other person getting out. We were both on death hook. We tried our hardest to keep each other from dying. Body blocking, each other when we were healthy so that the other could get away, then managing to get away ourselves somehow. Eventually I was injured and the Quentin was healing me. I was running, he took a hit for me, but then stayed around. I ran in front of the Doctor so that he would hit me instead, and then the Doctor set his sights on the Quentin. Quentin had Unbreakable though, and when the Doc came to hook me, the Quentin managed to get up and out through the exit gates once the Doctor closed the hatch. It was a really heartwarming moment.

The same can be said when you meet a really good killer who doesn't tunnel or camp. It's a nice change of pace and if you die you can applaud the killer still because they played well. And then there are those situations where 2 people DC right off the bat, and the killer feels sorry for you(and most likely their BP), and farms with you for the rest of the match and lets you go. Heartwarming experiences like that make you have faith in the game again.

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

In all honesty, I only play survivor when I'm playing with a friend or more. It's just boring for me after like 2 or 3 games of solo queueing.

• xyzdx
    xyzdx Member Posts: 66

The teamwork outsmarting the Killer epic juke moments.and my heart starts pounding whenever I'm getting chased by the Killer and escape The Rush is nise

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

"whats so fun about hiding and holding m1?" is an obnoxious thing to say.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I'm not a survivor main but the role is most fun when being chased. It's exhilarating to loop the killer for a long time. Doing gens is boring but everybody wants to be chased so somebody has to do gens.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I mostly play survivor because I get more satisfaction helping someone off the hook than putting them there. I also don't stealth most of the time, I work on my looping . I prefer not having a 1st person field of view. I have been playing killer for a few months now and I honestly can't see buying any cosmetics just for other people to see all game.

• LunarFace

so, an update...

I played about 20 games as survivor (granted at rank 20) and it was fun. i guess.

only issue i had is people at that rank would crouch walk to the hook, and let me get to 2nd phase on first hook. but thats probably a rank issue. at rank 1, the survivors i play against def dont play like that.

one think i like about killer over survivor is, while its more stressful, i dont need a teammate to help me. its all me. ya know?