Hex: Ruin Nerf or Rework idea

Make Ruin like this:

Every time survivor makes a perfect skill check ruin is regress generator on 4/6/8%

if generator is repairing by two or more survivors the effect will be increased on 1/2/3% by one survivor

and if you want you can make that too: if ruin active, generator repairing speed will be regressed on 2%

I think it's a pretty good idea, if you think so - like this discussion

Today Hex: Ruin is a very hard perk for survivors and it has very high pick-rate, so why you dont want to fix that?

Comments

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

It has a high pick rate for a reason....gens go too quickly. Plain and simple. Also, find the totem. Not that hard to make the killer only have 3 perks at that point. Get used to it because people have been begging for ruin to be buffed at this point. Stop trying to play on easy mode.

• Owari
    Owari Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2019

I didnt say delete this perk from the game, I just said rework it

And I think my rework is great bcs it dont nerf it or buff, it just make the game with ruin more comfortable for survivors

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Your rework idea gut it to the core. Leave it alone.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah nerfing ruin isn’t gonna go down well at all.

• Bamallamadingdong
    Bamallamadingdong Member Posts: 34

How is it hard? Learn to hit skillchecks or just look for totems.

• Evilhorst
    Evilhorst Member Posts: 103

Ruin is an obligatory pick, because gen speed is extremely broken. And Gen Speed is still broken with ruin ON. I had way too many games, where i ran Thanatophobia, Ruin and Dying Light and still only got the silver Gatekeeper Medal at red Ranks. If they finally fix Gen Speed or add more objectives to survivors, then we can talk about a Ruin nerf.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Hex totem are easly find and easy destroy. I hope devs will fix the situation. When playng as a surv with friends or surv that doing gens personally ruin is not a problem, it is a problem when playng with casual low ranks that goes down easly and not doing gens. On the contrary as a killer, I think my ruin perk slot is a heavy necessary perk, even if I want use other perks for differemt builds, I cant because the gen rush problem. However survs more of the times destroy it so it is a vacant perk slot in fact, and that is no good.

• Shorty_Hutch
    Shorty_Hutch Member Posts: 22

I play survivors mostly and I don't mind ruin. I especially love when thrill of the hunt is on too because I taunt the killer and sometimes be a great distraction for my team. But ruin isn't a big issue in my opinion. It creates a separate objective and lengthens the game. Nothing worse than a quick game for both sides. And besides there's plenty of chances to counter it. You can luckily spawn beside it, have 'Small Game' equipped, have a killer protecting it all game or just being able to play through it.

• Prex91

Only an idea, maybe a buff to thrill of the hunt can be a solution, dont know. At the cost of playng it in addition to hex (so sacrifice space for other useful perks) it can be a way to inderectly remove the fragile of hex perks.

• Owari
    Owari Member Posts: 10

Played 100 hours and understood that ruin is not so op perk, the gen repair speed is really broken

Even I play with ruin I make only -2

And it's not my skill, it's the game troubles

• Prex91

I thinks devs also have to work on toolbox instead. Gens goes to fast with multiple toolbox, even with ruin, and mori is not an healthy solution to the problem.