Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is It a good time to come back?

So I saw the new killer and said to myself "hey, he looks interesting" and I thought I'd come back to the game but... I heard Nurse was nerfed, Spirit is gonna get the same treatment, if I understand the new "Nemesis" perk correctly, that means Legion is gonna be broken as hell again and Im not really sure if I want to deal with all the other problems the game had when I left (around 5-6 months ago maybe?)... Im just gonna ask you guys some questions, you'd really help me if you could answer them:

1. Have totem spots been improved?

2. Any nerfs to Billy?

3. Do The Pigs Reversed Bear Traps activate in endgame?

3. Any nerfs to infinites and insta heals?

4. Is Freddy playable at red ranks after his rework?

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited November 2019

1.no

2.no

3.no

4.yes

5.yes

And legion will be niche at best with just nemesis its bop nemesis legion thats bad and bop will probably get fixed.

• Dedicatedd
    Dedicatedd Member Posts: 33

1. Kinda

2. Not to my knowledge

3. I think if you get it before the last gen is done.

4. Insta heals are no more medkits had a huge update.

5. Freddy is decent

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Totems are about the same. The Hawkins map has some really good spots though.

Billy is the same.

No.

Insta heals were nerfed last patch. The bottle is arguably stronger though.

Freddy does pretty well over all. He's top 5 to most people.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited November 2019

1 - yes and no. A few new spots where they are a lot more hidden but can a to spawn in the open or next to a gen.

2 - no

3 - no

4 - yes and no. Still same windows but Insta heals are changed. Styptic gives a borrowed time effect when used and syringe takes 8 seconds to heal to full.

5 - Yes Freddy is really good. His snares are better than the dream pallets as you can spam them while chasing around a loop.

Nurse is just a little but weaker but the general consensus is she isn't as fun to play and feels clunky.

Spirit isn't being changed a lot copared to nurse. No collision anymore and some add-on changes. Prayer beads now has a sound all over the map instead of no sound at all.

The potential for legion is there but you will need bl1 or to be stunned first to make it happen.

The oni looks fun but I can see some changes happening. His power isn't as useful after a hit as its wastes his map pressure potential and you lose it if you pick up the survivor which means slugging to get the use from it. Kinda a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I’m new so I can’t answer all of your questions. What I can say is that people crying about the Spirit nerds are over exaggerating it. She’s still powerful, she just needed some minor adjustments to make playing against her a little less jarring.

I think the general consensus on Freddy is that he’s better now, and much more viable than before. I don’t know from first hand experience, but as a survivor, he usually destroys the groups I’ve faced him with. I don’t do swfs except for sometimes with 1 friend.

Billy is still strong.

I am not sure about the totem spots in general, but it seems like it’s gotten harder to find ruin more and more over the last week. Then again, I’m a potato and usually grouped up with other potatoes.

I hear Nurse is still strong, it’s just her skill cap is higher now than what it was before.

Just jump back in for the next month and see how you like it. Also, dip your toes in a few different killers or survivors, you may like them better than what you used to play with.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

I remember you xD

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    1. on some maps, yes.
    2. no
    3. no
    4. yes
    5. always was.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

@Andreyu44 hey, I might see you again Soon™ ;)

@twistedmonkey Glad to see some familiar names around here :)

Thank you guys for answering the questions. I'll give the game a chance again, might even stay around the forums as well as I used to.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

why nerf billy? he can still be looped and its possible to juke the chainsaw, literally just dont be out in the open in his TR and most of the time you can have a proper chase.