The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New killer idea: The Werewolf

USEconomy
USEconomy Member Posts: 1

DISCLAIMER: The power might seem overpowered or underpowered and obviously would need tuning/balancing, just focus on whether you like the idea of the power or not and suggest tweaks you'd think would improve the idea

1. A werewolf killer. It starts out looking just like a survivor and turns into a werewolf every X amount of seconds for Y amount of time.
  • So the basic idea of this is the killer starts out looking exactly like one of the survivors in the map. While disguised, the survivor can go around and "work" on generators but it's actually regressing them. He'd be able to regress the generators past 0% to some balanced number. He'd also be able to go to totems and regress them as well, he could throw down pallets (but have it on a CD so he couldn't just go around dropping every pallet on the map.) If you go within X amount of range of another survivor while you're disguised, you can press your action button to "pick up the scent" of the survivor. After X amount of seconds the full moon comes out and you turn into a werewolf for Y amount of time. If you picked up the scent of any survivors, you'll see faint red trails leading you right to where they are at. The red trails last until you shift back to human form and then you have to pick them up again (or maybe they'll stay forever, who knows). While in werewolf form he could also have some sort of ability to help make him not just a M1 killer but I haven't thought about what it could be yet. Any ideas or feedback?

I know devs have mentioned in their last AMA somewhere that they think a disguising killer couldn't work (probably due to SWF being a thing) but I believe it still could. The game isn't balanced around SWF currently so why start now? Also this killer would only be weak against a 4 man SWF who all are in comms. Even IF it was against a 4 man SWF in comms, they would still need to constantly be telling people where they are exactly and it could be confusing. But also, it's fine if this killer has some known counters, that's what makes the game fun.

I have three other killer ideas but I'm not sure I should type them all out if this is poorly received and I'm just bad at coming up with powers so I'll see what you guys think.

Comments

• Miss_Morbid
    Miss_Morbid Member Posts: 3

I'd really love to see a werewolf as a killer! My vision of it would have been similar to the Demogorgon in terms of it launching and using all fours. I don't know about the disguising itself as a survivor at first. I can't really see a killer doing that at all, but maybe it's just cuz I haven't seen it before and that's why its so foreign to me. I suppose it could be done, but I just don't know how it'd work so well and if people would be so accepting of it.