The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Perk: No Distractions

Chaireth
Chaireth Member Posts: 16

When the Survivor begins working on a generator, the camera view assumes a position behind the Survivor, centered on the generator. If the Survivor doesn't move the camera view (or doesn't move it more than slightly), the Survivor gets a 10/15/20% bonus to the speed of repair. Conversely, if the Survivor moves the camera view to anything other than focusing on the Generator, that Survivor receives a 10/15/20% penalty to repair speed.

Another idea for No Distractions would be to allow the player to move the camera around like normal, lower the bonus, eliminate the speed penalty, but add as a penalty the Oblivious status effect. This could also be part of a Killer Perk as well, really. Putting in Oblivious as an effect while working on a Generator is a good idea, but it could be invalidated with SWF.

Obviously the numbers can be massaged a bit. I came up with this while repairing a generator and looking over the Survivor's shoulder at another generator. I was thinking "What if I got a bonus to repair if I'm looking at another generator while fixing this one? Call it 'Next Steps,' or something." So that's how I got to thinking about it There could be a whole theme about positioning the camera view while doing things.

Comments

• Kennishi
    Kennishi Member Posts: 20

No Distractions

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2019

Let’s put this perk through Truth’s Refinery and see what we get...

No Distractions

You assume a position of complete focus on your task and ignore all interruptions.

While repairing a generator, you are afflicted with the Oblivious status effect. Good Skill Checks increase your repair speed by 10% for 5 seconds. Great Skills Checks increase your repair speed by 10% for 5/7/10 seconds.

Rather than it just granting increased repair speed regardless, it requires skill checks to be performed in order to acquire. This discourages tapping generators while using this perk. Other than that, umm... yeah, that happened. I was thinking about making it only activate while healthy, but I don’t know. The only counter to Oblivious as of right now is Spine Chill and Premonition, which could synergize quite well with No Distractions. So here’s what I made out of it. I always love to see a good risk-reward perk come into action.

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311

I like this, though the bonus could be tweaked a bit more. If great checks boost it by 10%, then a good one should only do 5 imo. That way, there's far more incentive to hit that Great than just having it last a little longer.