Slight Adrenaline change

Options
Nobsyde
Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
edited November 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Imagine the worst case scenario: 4 survivors injured, 4 survivors with adrenaline - once the last gen pops, everything is back to 0 for the killer.

So here's thinking, what is adrenaline/epinephrine, what does it really do? Certainly it doesn't heal you, but it gives you a kick to endure stressful situations. So, here's my proposed change:

Instantly heal 50% of one Health State, sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 5 seconds and give the Endurance status effect for 15 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered.

(everything else remains the same)

Basically, you trade the ability to be healed no matter what, but you gain the Endurance effect for 15 seconds, giving the chased survivor a fair amount of defence as before, but it doesn't totally wreck up the end game of the killer in case of multiple Adrenaline users just rushing while injured. Plus, it can even counter NOED for the first 15 seconds or after being unhooked!

What do you think?

Comments

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

I like the idea

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

I just think they need to revert the change where it waits for you to be unhooked to proc. It makes no sense in terms of how adrenaline works in real life, and is just giving another free thing to a survivor that got caught.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

Adrenaline and NOED are different faces of the same coin IMO. They should both be erased from game files and nobody should never talk about them anymore.

• Nobsyde
    edited November 2019
    Options

care to elaborate ^^? Especially you, @Johnny_XMan, you think even the worst case scenario which I described is fine as it is? If so, why?

@others: please let's try to not switch the topic to "we should remove/nerf/change NOED as well", one topic at a time :).

• aregularplayer
    Options

the reward for completing the objective should be being able to open the gate and escape, not skipping the heal. the perk encourages survivors not to heal and rush gens as fast as possible without fearing any punishment for this behaviour. also, being completely healed after being unhooked is the most absurd thing about this perk, IMO.

solo survivor main, btw.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2019
    Options

No it doesn't. Because staying injured and rushing the gens still comes at a price. You are always a one shot. I don't see the problem in rewarding someone for success. It has a 5 gen requirement, and half of the times Adrenaline doesn't even do anything, I personally dropped it because I never got use out of it. Not to mention, you're virtually running 3 perks for the large majority of the match. There's nothing wrong with it.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Sadly no. When you use adrenaline you’re down one perk the entire game until the end. Even then adrenaline is only useful when being chased, being injured, or hooked.

The way I see it, adrenaline rewards completion. It doesn’t need changing currently. Pain in the ass sure, but the survivors need to do their job in order to get it.

• Nobsyde
    Options

I agree with one point: adrenaline incentivises survivors to rush gens while being injured.

That's a big problem especially in one case: high rank swf teams. With this little change there could be a little slow down of the late game in those situations.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

you're telling me a dude who gets downed. hooked and is in stage 2 right before the last gen pops "worked" for it?

• Nobsyde
    Options

but you see, if as you say Adrenaline is only really useful for the chased survivor, then my change is good enough, or even better if you consider NOED: you still have the sprint + you have 15 seconds of invulnerability. That's also a free Borrowed Time if you were hooked while adrenaline proc'd.

If Adrenaline is not useful while not being chased, then the free health state is overkill. Again, try to be as unbiased as possible - going from 4 survivors injured to 4 healthy (and sprinting) ones is a game breaker for basically every killer.

• Nobsyde
    Options

also guys, don't forget that this new adrenaline would still heal you 50% - you can go back to the healthy state, you just need to waste a few seconds healing yourself before finishing the last gen, if you really want to be ultra efficient.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Edys

I find the perk is very "End Game" dependent which I think that in itself is already high risk because sometimes you don't even make it to the end. So one health state is fair IMO.

I am not a big fan of the Endurance status, simply because it is a more situational trade off, and 15 seconds certainly wouldn't be enough. During EGC, you sometimes need to buy more time, that's why a lot of people 99% gates and heal before going for a save. An endurance status would probably wear off before you could even come up with a last minute strat.

• underlord99
    Options

if you aren't playing the objective(doing gens) then you dont deserve a free health state and a free speed boost.

• Nobsyde
    edited November 2019
    Options

that's absolutely true and as intended in my change - Adrenaline (IMHO) should give a big boost in survivability only immediately after doing the last generator, giving the chance to the survivors to flee the area of the last generator done and to gain distance from the killer to the chased survivor, but after that you are on your own.

The Endurance effect is introduced to avoid someone being hit by the killer a few seconds after activating adrenaline to no avail - and it would counter NOED as well. Have you ever seen a downed survivor having adrenaline proc only to be downed again immediately after? This wouldn't be possible anymore.

Then, you only need to heal another 50% to go back to full health, aiding in the situation you were considering (that's why a lot of people 99% gates and heal before going for a save)

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

That would be actually more powerful then current adrenaline.

• Nobsyde
    Options

I never said I propose a nerf to adrenaline, I said I propose a change.

It's more powerful for the survivor being actively chased, less powerful for the others.

• theArashi
    edited November 2019
    Options

I don't like that idea, it is basically designed for already powerful swf parties and they make full use of it.

Example situation, I just downed a guy and his friend just popped the gen. He gets up but I still can smack him back down, with this idea he gets free full map run. .

• underlord99
    Options

it's a fair perk because it only procs when the killer does something to work towards the end goal( hooking a survivor) . survivors in a chase should not get the adrenaline. maybe it would be more balanced if it was like a token based perk where you had to work on a certain amount of gens for it to work.

• Nobsyde
    Options

how is that?

I mean, I sincerely think the change would nerf swf teams, why do you think the opposite? Maybe there's something I don't see.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    edited November 2019
    Options

If endurance activates while in a chase and the killer doesn’t have noed it’s a slight nerf as now you have to mend. If the killer does have noed then it’s really handy but now every survivor knows and weakens the killer even more. When hooked I’d rather be healed instantly and have a speed boost then a borrowed time effect. Plus if the survivor already had BT then adrenaline won’t have a purpose besides the speed boost.

I see what you mean however not being healed when adrenaline activates and you’re by yourself is a nerf to solo survivors as they get a useless endurance effect and now have to look for someone else to be healed.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

I'd say a better change would be that either you heal one health state or you receive the speed boost. It would still remain a very strong perk and even if you're being chased, already getting an extra health state is powerful enough that getting the speed boost will just destroy any chance a killer had to catch you before an exit gate is opened.

• Nobsyde
    Options

I see..

Then what about something like an instant 50% heal and another 50% heal over 30 seconds, if you don't take a hit?

30 seconds is still enough for a killer to find someone, but certainly not all of the survivors - a solo player could be extra careful and be fully healed then.

• theArashi
    Options

Actually I didn't read it fully. 15 s for the person in chase is meaningless as distance you get for 5 seconds is too long for killer to catch up.

15 s BT for everyone on the hook means that EVERYONE will always get out and killer will have 0 ways of stopping it as survivors can open the gate and unhook even if they don't bring BT.

That slight change doesn't fix the issue people have with the perk but instead buffs one of the most powerful perks in the game.

It sounds like idea to change DS for it not not stun the killer but instead blind him for 15 seconds. Killer drops a survivor when blinded and survivors runs free.

• Nobsyde
    Options

@theArashi

Example situation, I just downed a guy and his friend just popped the gen. He gets up but I still can smack him back down, with this idea he gets free full map run. .

He would get up only if you were slugging him for a while, since the perk would heal him for 50% of his health - if he didn't have time to recover you can pick him up no problem.

If you were slugging him instead... yeah, that's a new risk, but you can adapt very easily to this new scenario I think.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

I'm not talking about it procing in general, thats fine, its when they've been hooked they shouldn't be giving it after being caught by the killer. Then it is rewarding failure.

• aregularplayer
    Options

usually a killer can only chase/shot 1 person a time. 3 injuried survs rushing gens only need to be more cautious, but no need to really worry that much, specially if they didn't 3 gened themselves.

also: half of the time it doesn't do anything? only for people who run adrenaline + selfcare and everytime get a hit go selfcare on map corner. I used to run adrenaline + resilience. I dropped both because they are bs, they make killers miserable. you rush gens like crazy and get healed when 5 gens are ready. imagine 4 man doing the same.