Survivors Need to Chill.

2»

Comments

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

You make it seem like camping is wrong. Just to clarify camping, tunneling, and slugging are not bad, but a very enjoyable experience.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

I don't really get alot of toxic survivors, because I'm a super chill killer. I'll duck a survivor up if they are trying to pull something stupid, but I'm never toxic, i don't tunnel unless they ask me to, and i don't camp. If someone DCs or kills themselves almost instantly, the rest of the survivors get to escape. Earlier i had a daily to mori someone as legion, and i only had cypress mories, so i slugged a bit so i could find the hatch to kill everyone. If i wreck a team, or if one or two people did well, but got screwed by their team, i usually let them go. So when i hardcore 4K, i actually apologized to the survivors, and they didn't really care. The closest thing to toxic that I've had is survivors that kinda tryhard, and teabag and stuff, but they never say anything in the after chat, because i beat them fairly. And as a survivor i get super pissed when my teammates are toxic in the after chat.

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

I play on ps4. I play about 60/40 survivor to killer.

I have NEVER recieved a message from a killer post game complaining I looped or used adrenaline or had flashlights etc.. they've either not commented, gave praise or the simple gg.

Survivors on the other hand, I've received countless messages. Calling me #########, failed abortion, etc. I even had someone say I was an ######### for hitting them when they were trying to finish the gen.

I dont know why it's like this but there is some legitimacy to "survivor privilege"

• Hex_ToasterBath
    Hex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38

Survivors are toxic, nothing you can really do because unfortunately, to the devs, survivors are the deities.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

You're playing with other people. You aren't playing with computers and being a "killer" is nothing more than a name. Killers have a name for most everything survivors do, too. It's in human nature to try to name actions/occurrences. How are you playing that results in everyone cursing you out? You're playing with other people and they might not like what you're doing (camping/tunneling). If you play as survivor and do obnoxious or annoying things, you'll be called out, too.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,509

Some of the terms are just dumb proximity camping? So i cant stay even in the general area even if i know someones nearby? Like #########?

• apollomi
    apollomi Member Posts: 1

As a survivor main who occasionally plays killer, I can confirm that other survivors can be tits. I've been survivor and had others message me for not helping them? They was in the middle of the map in the basement and the killer was there. They wanted me to die to attempt to save them. I've been called a toxic ghost playing the spirit and had someone claim I was camping as the hag when I was merely setting traps. People forget this is a game and not real life. You gain nothing but enjoyment if you're with friends, playing this game. Why all the hate?

• Yeah, usually do. I was just extremely pissed off at the time of writing that. Wasn’t really putting thought into it, wanted to get it out as fast as possible.

However, I usually don’t even do this kinda thing: and if I’m being more honest, had I just took a minute to breathe I wouldn’t have even posted this here. But, yeah I got you dude.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

man, you have to chill (and stop camping, this is no being good)

• Who says I camp? I don’t. And even if I did ( which again; I don’t. ) that’s not an excuse for some of these people to tell me to kill myself and #########. I mean not that that upsets me: but like I gotta put my foot down somewhere and say it’s enough with the verbal bs. Y’know?

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I assume you've never played gears of war. That community is way more toxic than this. And I remember back when I played Destiny (1 and 2) i was surprised of how toxic people were. I'm just gonna go ahead and say people suck, and it's not the game. Gamers are toxic and get frutrated, no matter what game they play.

• Thank you. I wish you the best of challenges in future games!

• Wuhelm

This game has a much more us versus them than other games and it's going to breed toxicity due to the nature of the game.

• Simply_Ghostface
    Simply_Ghostface Member Posts: 22

Just gg and move along

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I just wanted to say, I like how reasonable you are.

• KingHEADBUSTER
    KingHEADBUSTER Member Posts: 75

Yea camping is wrong as a killer you won't level up past ten if you straight face camp each survivor, in fact you lose points for camping so yes the game doesn't like it when you camp neither do survivors. That's why you get hate mail. I play killer and don't receive hate mail. Also your trash If you camp from the start.

• Wuhelm

Correction camping is not wrong, never has been so stop lying. Camping may not be efficient in points, but it is fun and gets kills from altruistic survivors. Your fun and my fun are obviously different.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

You are both right in your own idea. Please we all have different ways to play as killer and as survivor. As long as the rules of the game as put down by behavior are not violated then it is fine. outbursts in the after game lobby is to be expected and even then it's to be expected that said outbursts will be directed to someone. I once was killer and I got compliments from two survivors (I said thanks) and gg to all of them and the survivors just started railing against each other after that!!! I was morbidly curious what would be said so i stuck around.... as this was when it was point to point connections on the killer and not dedicated servers.

• Wuhelm

That's a crux of it, that everybody has their own way of playing and as long as it doesn't violate the rules it is not wrong.

• KingHEADBUSTER

If you are playing and losing levels bc you camp as killer you are not playing correctly. it's like saying you won a marathon but never got past mile 10. It's cool I'm a red level survivor we don't see your trash except on reset ranks. Also you probably reset to lvl18 and camp noobs your good though🍒🍆

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

well i am sorry that you feel that it's trash. like others have said, including the devs, there are more than one win condition. what you believe is a win condition isn't always the win condition someone else has. if you don't like it die on the hook instead of wait it out, or wait it out so your team mates could get their escape. up to you. but calling people names you end up being the trash you are calling them. Just play the game or don't. if you don't like it don't chat and move on.

• KingHEADBUSTER

I call it like I see it if your not leveling you need to get good. If your survivor and don't save even if you get away, you go down in rank. If your killer and camp you go down in rank. And you end up playing new ppl who untimely quit playing bc it's not fun, especially solos, Ruining the game for any new players and making the community smaller, you are a toxic player.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

Play how you want and hide the chat.

One day I got called "tryharder" for killing everyone, then I reminded the survivor that mid game I let the team recover because they were 2 hooked, one down and I was chasing the other one. Let him escape and save his friend so everyone could get more points.

You'll get called camper, tunneler, etc. Regardless of how you play so just do whatever you like