Anyone else wish stats hadn't been released?

Options

I know people were begging for them but I fear that the release of the stats is not a good thing. I'm worried that people are now going to use them as reasoning for bad behavior.

Is anyone else concerned that we will see an epidemic of DC's, afk, and hook suicides? I already see enough posts on the forum by survivors listing off their reasons for refusing to engage killers that they think are unfair or OP. I can only assume people are going to use these stats to decide which killers they are going to be complete turds to. :(

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Nah. Most survivors love going against nurse nowadays, because they assume a nurse player with someone who doesn't hit 80%+ of her blinks aka a baby nurse.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

And then they dc and claim in post game chat: "Nurse still op, nerf her". Happens so freaking often to me lol.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Yeah stats just lead to more arguing honestly.

For example one thing i've seen already.

Survivor: Well statistically overall killers get at least 2 kills per match

Killer: Yeah but take ruin/pop/thana/dying light out of the equation and its a different story about gen rush.

The debates went nowhere in this scenario. Survivors think killers get kills all the time and killers think they're gen rushed without slowdown stacking.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

Dont really think anything is gonna change about ppl DCing and such, at least not until the DC timeouts come out and even then... not really. Just had a match with my Billy...whom I suck at. Was just wanting to get a challenge done of chasing a survivor for 90 seconds with distressing. Was fully content with pretty much just trolling the entire match hugging someones leg with bloodlust 3 and not actually doing anything, then watching everyone leave.

Find my first survivor, and Its a jake on a hill...so I just assume he has balanced landing... Until I go up on the hill, rev my saw and he doesnt do anything but crouch infront of me, then DC. Screwed around with the rest of em who thankfully DIDNT DC and saw them all off while thankfully getting my challenge done.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

This is true and a definite pitfall when releasing statistics to people who don't understand how statistics work. There's a reason there are college degree programs dedicated to the field.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Eh I see a dc regular in my farming matches, I have to actually make sure I don't use an instadown or basement hook or it ensures a dc.