Question for Devs (esp Peanits) on New Stats

Options

If you yourself admit that there are a number of possible external factors that can account for the numbers listed in them and thus no conclusions should be drawn from the numbers, what's the point in even showing us the stats in the first place?

Generally, when a statistician posts stats about anything, they make sure there isn't extraneous variables (or at least mention what they couldn't account for) to skew the stats so as to make the stats useful to someone. By telling us that the stats have potential variables not accounted for and are likely unreliable as a result, the entire table is completely worthless because you can't draw any meaningful conclusions from it.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,386
    Options

every test or stats will have some variable they dont cover you cant account for everything even if you tried there will always be...outlaws i guess is the word?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    edited November 2019
    Options

Well if you're going to call him out on it. Peanits has stated they don't like releasing stats because everyone would have a different interpretation and just cause issues.

One of the reasons they don't post them often but the community always wants to see them.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
  • Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2019
    Options

I believe what he means when he says that is that you can’t necessarily just look at Freddy, for example, and draw the conclusion that he’s too strong based off his kill rate. It may just be “Forever Freddy” that is too strong. That’s a type of variable they mean. They have a lot more data, but what we were given is certainly useful info. I don’t see how it’s not.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Idk about others, but i like seeing stats, regardless of their importance.