Nice to see that they didn't take any feedback for the Archive Challenges

Comments

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 715

This is mainly my objection to the challenges too; it ruins matches by encouraging people to behave in stupid ways.

Unhook 15 survivors last Tome and every time I get hooked there are 3 people either sprinting at me or crouched by the hook desperate to make sure they are the one that gets the credit for the unhook rather than their team.

No one will play normally because of the limited time of the Rift (even though the challenges will always be there), and people will actively be trying to prevent people getting their challenge done.

This has already happened with the last Tomes and is only going to get worse as the challenges are harder and take more time, setup and luck.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Why you think devs didn't take the feedback?

It's just doesn't mean they gonna use it on already made archive. It's probably gonna be used for next one. Also they gonna use it in a way that suits them, not in a way you expect them to.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I mean, what about those who already maxed out rift tier? There is nearly 0 motivation to go for all this struggle, all you get are bloodpoints. What am I supposed to do with bloodpoints? I'm already swimming in them.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

True but in my opinion if you are not too sure if it will work out make the first archive's rift free for all that would benefit the devs way more then making it a pay wall because doing the free side doesn't really make me want to continue. I'd rather buy from the store at that point. So I do understand what they are trying to do but they couldve done it more efficiently and effectively

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It wouldn't have been very efficient for them to put all that work into cosmetics and lore and such for zero profit, though. They still have to pay their employees.

I could understand the necessity to win customer support with a bunch of free stuff if this dissatisfaction and frustration were universal, but even though it may seem like it from all the complaints, that's far from being the case.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

How about this shitstorm of keys?

They are everywhere now FFS

• dkyguy1995
    dkyguy1995 Member Posts: 45

Dude two hooks with NOED is easy stuff. It doesn't happen every game but all the time you can get one NOED hook and then someone else will be too altruistic and get ######### by NOED too. Maybe you should try to, idk CHALLENGE yourself??

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Because that's what happens in online games four hours after a major update - people go crazy. It does suck, but there's not a lot to be done about it. I honestly can't think of a single challenge they could put in the game that people wouldn't find a way to throw matches over.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

You must not play much if you haven't gotten any rewards yet...

• Micheal_Myers

I'm at tier 32. Like everyone else who is frustrated with this system.

I'm just saying Cosmetics is not worth a terrible grind.

I'd rather pay it in the ingame store for cosmetics I actually do want lol.

• StrayDog
    StrayDog Member Posts: 25

I've nearly completed all the tome 3 killer challenges and I'm on tier 61 of the rift. I really don't think we will need to fully complete the tomes to get all the rift rewards

• thenegativone

Then why are you on here complaining... The rift was always about cosmetic rewards

• Zensunim
    Zensunim Member Posts: 157

Looks like Tome 3 exactly matches up what was leaked out 2 weeks ago. No changes.

Honestly, the grindy challenges are fine, but I am getting very tired of the extremely situational master challenges that has the phrase "...in a single trial" in them that deliver very crummy rewards as well (same 3/5 rift fragments except now for 2x-10x the work).

I'm not looking forward to Tome 4's "2 flashlight saves in one game" or "pallet stun a bad killer 4 times in one game" or "Kill 4 people in the basement in one game and pray nobody DCs or else you won't get it."

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited November 2019

Why take feedback when you can leave the rifts challenging (lol) and drive up those Rift tier sales?

I hope you guys feel like you got your battle passes $ worth.

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

I dont see the problem you grind anyway so why not. They are supposed to be "challenges" I'm at level 46 with 41 days to go. And I play casually. Like 1-2 hours a day

I dont think they are that bad. And they said the tome will be available forever to unlock the lore. It's the rift that will close and you get rift advancements every game by gaining XP.

They said from the start that as the levels increase so will the difficulty

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

Well considering I just about earned all my cells back I'm good with all the free stuff doing what i do anyway....play the game

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Yeah, it’s weird. Usually they take our feedback, but it seems they’re doing what THEY want to do with The Archive challenges.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

I think the most telling thing about this situation is how quiet the Devs are being at the moment. The forums are flooded with complaints, or "feedback", about this situation, and yet, not so much as a peep from the higher ups.

Yo, @Peanits and @not_Queen , an explanation as to why our feedback was completely ignored would be wonderful.

• Micheal_Myers

Like I said the grind is as worse as the old blood webs please reread comments before commenting.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I feel this on a spiritual level. And not a nerfed Spirit-ual level, like... this just sums it up.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Yup. The biggest losers here are the people who want to play a normal competitive match. Sadly, it's next to impossible while people are doin their challenges.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Plz bhvr seize these farm the hook challenges.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

it's been a long time since I've seen hook trades at EGC. Typically it's a slugfest at the hook if survivors attempt and then a wait for EGC to kill the rest

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

100% bullshit. All I got to say.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The worst part is both sides are acting like complete jerks over these challenges.

• Sinful_Dreams
    Sinful_Dreams Member Posts: 53

Don't worry guys, they're 'placeholders' like they said these challenges would be..... Until the last week of course.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Going further into this, I want to mention this.

This game has one of the most divided communities ever. The two sides rarely ever agree on something, and attack each other every chance they get. For a more recent instance, the nerfs to Nurse, Spirit, and Balanced Landing. The nerfs to these cause killers to cry "Wah wah baby survivors can't adapt to two killers." While the BL nerf caused survivors to cry "Wah wah baby killers can't adapt to a perk." This is one of the few issues that both sides agree is terrible. If they don't at least make some change to Tome 4, I'll honestly be speechless. You know something is bad when both sides that are constantly at each other's throats can agree on it.

• JackaloMoss
    JackaloMoss Member Posts: 27

I am absolutely certain that no-one, not a single person, will get the sacrifice 4 people in the basement challenge legitimately (i.e. without the survivors just letting them). I'd love to know the proportion of games were it happens, I'd be amazed if it's even 1 in 1000.

But, on top of that, nearly every game were the killer gets a 4man there's a DC. On top of that, people now DC if you don't help them farm their challenges.

What do BHVR think is going to happen in that incredibly rare game were you've sacrificed 3 survivors legitimately without any farming, and you've downed the final survivor near the basement? Oh yeah, they're going to DC every time, as punishment for you not helping them farm.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

Here's a thought:

What if the last 2 weeks of the Rift the goals were lightened up a bit?

...No idea how to do this of what it compromises, but that way those who like the challenge can get ahead faster.

Maybe it doesn't solve anything. I dunno.

• Miss_Saigon
    Miss_Saigon Member Posts: 1

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I think that the archives/rift is very true to the DBD branding. I mean I have been playing for 3+ years and it puts me in mind of the old ways where they reward those who play. I mean premium is a good example of that.

If you are able to get through the tiers, you basically get your money back in in-game currency. Plus you get super cool cosmetics. That is like how you used to be able to purchase DLC with your iridescent shards.

I am a survivor main. I have probably played a total of 30 games max as a killer and my highest is only level 20. Yet, I was able to complete my killer/survivor archive challenges pretty easily. So, I feel like the challenges are made for "Average" players.

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182

I really wouldn't mind paying again for every new rift pass if it meant we got easier and more manageable challenges

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Bhvr doesn't enjoy feedback, take Nurse for.example.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236

(Not so)Fun Fact: If you don't do a single archive challenge and you don't buy a single tier you will have to play over 700 games in 3 months to reach tier 70.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

If you don't like the challenges this much, don't do them. They are not mandatory...

I enjoyed the first 2 tiers, and looking at the third tier I feel I will enjoy doing this too. There is still so much time available to finish everything, too. Maybe people just don't like not being able to finish content within an hour of it being released.

I hope the devs continue releasing tomes like this.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971
    edited November 2019

These challenges are ruining the game and hell some in tome 3 are straight up toxic gameplay

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

everything is nothing T^T

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Why are people complaining about the noed one? get bitter murmur, noed, blood warden, and agitation and just prepare for endgame.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

This is the reason I was against battle passes, they always end up ruining the normalcy of the game with their stupid challenges and time frames.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

The NOED one is not that hard. It just takes a good end game build and that's it. But you have to make sure Survivors don't expect you have NOED, else all totems will be gone.

The only challenge I just hate is the 2 saves during the EGC and that it is the 2nd challenge for survivor. You are stuck there until it is done unless you do the killer challenges to go around. I play killer/survivor about 50/50 so I have no problem to do that, but it is just not fair for those who don't. I think these kind of challenges need to be the last in some dead end. So you can leave it for last.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

placeholders² 🙈

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Of course it does. The challenges are supposed to be a way to help progress through the battlepass. For instance, i have a job and commitments. I don't have time to spend each and every night playing on the computer. These challenges were made the way they were to stint progress and force people who can't 'no life' the game cough up extra cash to finish it off. You can sugarcoat it all you want but that is a fact.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

So you hope the Devs promote bad health for the game and lore that are locked behind unbeatable challenges that no one will be able to do? Man, your mind is somewhere else.

You know why the archives was even a thing? BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED MORE LORE, the lore we had for all the characters and especially the old ones had very little lore or no real backstory to it, but no, they had to bring in battlepass and stupid challenges that promoted bad unhealthy play styles for the game or just near impossible to do. Maybe if the challenges are there forever and they switch every so often but can still get some of the lore and yeah, not mandatory. But since they will be gone when the next Tome comes it is MANDATORY otherwise you get no lore and so you either did nothing for nothing or something for nothing.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

I finished all the Tier 2 challenges last week (almost all of them in one day - about 5-6 hours of playtime) and have been waiting for Tier 3. I looked at all the Tier 3 and 4 challenges. None of them seem unbeatable? Sure, a bit grindy, but in no way unbeatable. I wasn't even going hard trying to complete Tier 2 and I finished with plenty of time before Tier 3.

Maybe it's because I am not concerned about the lore at all? I just put on a challenge and if I finish it, nice, if I don't, oh well. Even casual players will be able to finish everything by the end, in my opinion.

• thenegativone

The Lore's not going anywhere.. Just the cosmetics on the rift

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

Yeah 25 000 bloodpoints and 15 seconds of lore is really worth doing a tedious challenge XD