Why Are People Complaining About Tome 3?

They are challenges, they are supposed to be difficult. And yeah, a lot of them look horrible at a glance but as long as you go in with a plan you can get it done. Honestly you don't even need to do every single challenge to complete the rift so I just don't see the problem.

Answers

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Have you read the complaints? Because that would answer your question and make this topic unnecessary.

• Orchid
    Orchid Member Posts: 38

It is really annoying for me personally to go through games where everyone is grinding, thing that doesn t allow me to complete my challenges and it takes forever to do them anyways, took me 4 hours to unhook 18 survivors and break 40 pallets + gens. Still don t see the problem? I would have hoped they would push us out of our comfort zone to try more interesting playstyles and to understand better some game mechanics. Let me give you ideas that would make me happy to see some encouragement to use non meta perks. For example the Hope one is great. The unhooking one is really ######### unfun and needs so much grinding in the same way every single game without a single bit of diversity.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited November 2019

You could read those threads instead of trying to ask, since most of them explain why they’re upset about it. Another thing to point out is that, while Peanits stated they’re ‘listening to our feedback’, none of the popular threads where people have explained their complaints have had no dev/community manager interaction. So, not only are we upset that some of these challenges are horrific and that the devs didn’t originally listen to some people’s demands to not put idiotic challenges like ‘Sacrifice 2 Survivors once ENDGAME has begun’, something that is rare and requires LUCK, no skill, but they’re ignoring said complaints.

There’s a lot for us to be upset about, especially with the radio silence that the devs are giving us.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

the challenges for just getting hooks/unhooks breaking pallets etc THAT IS ALL FINE. the challenges of 2 SAFE UNHOOKS during EGC is RARE since it has to be in a SINGLE TRIAL. getting ANY EGC unhooks is rare, let alone safe ones more than likely. then there is get 2 EGC kills with Noed when most people will just 99 the doors to don't forget, monsterous shrine camping. etc etc etc it is these challenges that require you to play a certain way or with certain (no so good) perks that make some of these challenges bad. also some of them are VERY situational