The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we talk about flashlight users?

Anyone else slowly getting annoyed when seemingly every other match a survivor spends their times running around clicking their flashlight at the killer while the rest of us hang, work, or bleed?

Im noticing its starting to become more common flashlight users dont seem to be really around anymore killers know to look up and avoid the beam when carrying, or chasing a survivor. The only time I ever see a flashlight save or blind anymore is when I or another survivor gets the killer when theyre picking up a survivor or breaking a pallet so now all we're left with is Jake Parks roaming around clicking and trying to blind moving targets.

Am I the only one noticing it?

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Just sandbag them until they learn their lesson. your team will thank you for it since they're throwing the game for it.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2019

In all honesty, I have a flashlight in real life. I am turning it on and off right now. It is making no noises. This is a very useless, noisy and annoying function. The flashlight needs to be improved anyway (it's pretty much useless by itself compared to the med pack and tool box), so maybe think about making it a more realistic flashlight.

Survivors don't need some item to be toxic and annoying. the purposeful dcs, unsafe unhoooking and the inability to get a good skill check while running around the map refusing to heal anyone even though your claudette with a med pack, dropping pallets for no reason right in front of your team mates..

It's getting very old. have put 5 hours into this game today. 4.5 hours of that has been nothing but crap matches with people chasing crows, knocking down pallets and otherwise not taking this game seriously.

Can you just make an unranked que for those who wish to hunt achievements and play casually. Let them get achievements and do the tomes there. I would like to get past rank 10 this month. thanks.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I find it some what funny watching their character model spas out clicking a flashlight. They do this to taunt you into chase or just to annoy you. Best to ignore it and move on.

This is not reportable just like t bagging isn't reportable.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

*clicks angrily*

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96

might as well get rid of it . no one really uses it to stun the killer

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

It's genuinely annoying that I'm roping the killer around for a long time only to see this guy holding a flashlight he doesn't even know how to use and fails horribly at his long awaited opportune moment to do a save.

There's also this moments where these idiots would 'try' to help me in a chase and instead of letting me do a good job of buying time for the whole team they take a hit, get the killer's attention and gets downed seconds later.

It's damn annoying. But man am I gonna have a field day if these guys gets sacrificed to the entity. Gonna steal their little flashlights.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2019

When I have a teammate running around clicking and following me for ages until I go down, they're not helping against good killers. All they're doing is prolonging the game because the gens would be faster.. if they repaired them.

Flashlight saves just are not a thing anymore against good killers. Go do some gens!

If I'm a killer and there's a "clicker" I'll just ignore them half the time if they waste time following me around whilst I chase another survivor. It is easy to avoid their flash save and means that at least 2 survivors are not doing gens.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited November 2019
  • asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

There are challenges that require to blind the killer, you'll see a lot of it. Most people don't know there are only some specific situations when blinding is unavoidable by the killer so they will keep doing it recklessly or to call killers attenttion to follow them and try to make does situations happen like making the killer break a pallet in front of them. But trust me, it's mostly about the challenges.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I'm as dumb as a rock so excuse the joke flying over my dweet brain. :P

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

They're one of the main reasons why any killer's kill-rate is as high as it is.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

They're one of the main reasons why any killer's kill-rate is as high as it is.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

You "triggered". This surv did a pretty good job. Respect to him. 

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Flashlight users I'm normally fine with (well as long as they can somewhat use the flashlight). As long as my allies are doing something of use (they're distracting the Killer), then I'm happy.

The Survivors I hate are those who skim the edge of the map and don't interact with anything, basically a dead-weight.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I don't really care about the clicking as either role, but having someone just following the killer around with Empathy/Bond all game going for flashlight saves (and failing) is pretty annoying as a survivor 😄

If someone that's good at chases spam clicks and the killer decides to chase them that can genuinely be a good play. Annoying to a lot of players for sure, but it's not against any rules and if they're really dedicated the best possible thing a killer can do is just ignore them and treat them as their personal cheerleader following them around and not doing gens anyway.

• poli
    poli Member Posts: 34

no we can not