The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Most optimal hero/killer leveling for perks!

Hey everyone! New to the game, and looking for the best path to leveling survivors (and then killers). Is there an overall optimal list of survivors to level (in order)? I know generally people suggest Claudette then Meg, then David -- but what's beyond that? I just hit 40 with Claudette, moving on to Meg next! Looking for most useful perks in the current state of the game. Would also love to see the other side of it with killer progressions as well if anyone has thoughts. Thanks!

-HeroDan
twitch.tv/herodantv

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

I'd suggest getting RUIN/BBQ unlocked as a killer, as they are staples imho :)

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 239
    If you like playing stealthy, levelling Nea is a must for Urban Evasion (100% speed whilst crouching). I run it on all of my survivors, it’s too useful not too imo. Good luck!! 
  • Kurisu
    Kurisu Member Posts: 23

Doc with distressing 3 and bbq 3 will help you to level up anything. Then the rest is up to you

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    For surv, I would get SC first, followed by UE and then your favorite exhaustion perk.  If you're new, DS is a solid pick (let the outpouring of salt begin) although the skill check might be rough at first.  I actually don't have DS unlocked (just bought Myers yesterday) so I havent seen it yet.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Also, WGLF is nice, but I wouldnt encourage using it at first as you'll end up doing a lot unsafe saves while you're new and will piss off the other survs.  Unless you also unlock BT and run it.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    HeroDanTV said:

Hey everyone! New to the game, and looking for the best path to leveling survivors (and then killers). Is there an overall optimal list of survivors to level (in order)? I know generally people suggest Claudette then Meg, then David -- but what's beyond that? I just hit 40 with Claudette, moving on to Meg next! Looking for most useful perks in the current state of the game. Would also love to see the other side of it with killer progressions as well if anyone has thoughts. Thanks!

-HeroDan
    twitch.tv/herodantv

I highly recommend you don’t play David because he’s a very big player and is very easy to spot.

I suggest you play Feng Min, she has a perk called Technican that’ll help you practice on skillchecks. On every skill check you mess up, it’ll quiet down the generator and won’t send a notification of where you’re at to the killer!

Meg’s most useful perks are Adrenaline and Sprint Burst, so it’s definitely worth leveling her up. 

You did good for leveling up Claudette so you can heal yourself without relying on your team mates to do it! 
  • HeroDanTV
    HeroDanTV Member Posts: 23

All very helpful, friends! Love love love this community! I think I have my plan of attack now :)

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

David for WGLF is good.
    Claudette for Self-care.
    Meg for Sprint burst.
    Then whatever you like the most.