Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Auric Cells in a different region?

Hi, everyone!

After some digging in the forums, I couldn't find any conclusive answers, so I needed to ask:

I'm playing the game on PS4, on my account, but using the copy of a friend that he bought digitally (his account is set as primary on my console). Unfortunately, this friend has a US account, while I have an EU account, so I was wondering; if I buy an Auric Cell pack on my account through the EU PS Store, would it be compatible with the US Version of the game that I am playing?

Otherwise, I don't see any other way to buy Auric Cells in my situation, aside from getting my own EU copy of the game -which would mean losing all my current progress and DLCs-

The US store is unnaccessible to me either, so I can't buy cells from there.

Thank you for taking the read it and for your help, have a good day, everyone.

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I can't confirm one way or the other, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. I would imagine that the auric cells would still be added to the account in the same way, they would just be paid for using euros (or whatever your country's currency is) instead of USD.

Perhaps a developer would be able to confirm this for you, though, because it doesn't seem like something anyone but the devs would really know for sure unless they've personally experienced the same situation. @Peanits

• Adelstein
    Adelstein Member Posts: 15

I'm mostly wondering since I know for a fact that buying DLCs from a different region than the game doesn't make them available.

Auric Cells could work differently for all I know, but I couldn't find anything covering that specific issue, so I wanted to be cautious and see if anyone ever had that problem before, didn't wanna bother a dev right away for this.

I could try it for myself but I don't wanna risk losing money, and if it doesn't work, I'm unsure how I'd even be able to acquire Auric Cells at all, making the Black Friday sales and the Rift Pass for the archive completely unavailable to me.

• Fibijean

That's fair enough. I feel like auric cells would be different, since it would be more like buying something in the ingame Store than buying a DLC. Come to think of it, have you bought anything in the ingame Store before? Because that might give you a clue about the auric cells.

Don't worry too much about bothering Peanits - He is very busy, but if he has the time to spare I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

• Adelstein

I've bought every non-licensed characters with Iridescent Shards, as well as some cosmetics, but otherwise nothing, since I can't get Auric Cells nor buy them from the in-game store (It says there's no content here when I go to the tab for it), they're only available in the PS Store, mine being EU.

My guess is that the Auric Cell Packs the game offers are those for the US version of the game that are in the US store, however since my account is EU, I don't have access to it, so it's not really all that helpful.

I guess the only way to check it out and try it would be to buy it myself, but the idea of potentially wasting money irks me, and if so that would mean that I just wouldn't have any way to access that content.

• Fibijean

If you go to buy auric cells, what currency are the prices in? That could give you another clue.

I would wait a while to see if Peanits responds before spending any money. There's no burning hurry, right?

• Adelstein

There isn't one, the tab is empty and gives me this message (it's always been the case since I've started playing):

Which is why I can only buy Auric Cells from the EU PS Store, but I'm dubious on doing it because of the aforementionned worries.

There's no immediate hurry, but I figured I could buy Nancy, Steve and Demo with Auric Cells during the Black Friday sales, which will stop on the 5th. I was hoping I could get them cheaper while I'm also grabbing the Rift Pass, but that's all useless if I can't get ACs to begin with.

• Fibijean
    edited December 2019

Ah, I see. Well, you've got a day or two to wait for a reply, and if that fails then you might just have to test it. You can buy a small pack to start with just to see if it will work. Worst case scenario, you waste about $5, which still sucks but isn't the end of the world, and at least then you'll know for sure.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful 😕 Hopefully a dev or someone in the same situation will arrive before you have to resort to testing it yourself.

• Adelstein

Ah, no worries about that, I'm already really appreciative you took some time out of your day to read all this and help, thanks a bunch!

But yeah, I guess I'll just wait for a reply from a dev before the end of the sales, otherwise I'll play it safe and taste it out with a small sum. If it comes to that I'll send the results here so that anyone with the same problem in the future will have a definitive answer.

• Fibijean

Sounds like a plan. Everyone in the US and Canada (including the devs) will be coming on around this time, so hopefully you'll get the answer you need!

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Adelstein

It's unknown what will happen if you buy the Auric Cells pass through the EU PS4 store, but I feel it would be fine if you did so.

Sometimes the devs can be quite busy with other issues, and since Chapter 14 is about to release today than they could be working on other issues at the moment. That's to say, they're not ignoring your issue, they could just be busy is all and don't have the time to help.

So, as such you can either wait for Peanits to respond to Fibijeans @, or you can take the question you have to the support team. For a more "basic idea" here's the two options below.

1.) You can wait until Peanits has time to answer this question.

Or

2.) you can take this link that I will be providing below and submit a ticket to the support team. Submitting a ticket to the support team will provide you with a more 1 on 1 answer and you can follow up with anything else you may be concerned about with said question.

Here's the support link: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Either one is up to you, but if you grow impatient or the question is glanced over, than you can contact support with this issue to have it resolved.

Good luck.

• Adelstein

Welp, I ended up buying a 5€ Auric Cell pack from the EU store, and as expected, I didn't get the Auric Cells once I booted up the game, no message acknowledging there was an error either, so I guess it just didn't get recognized at all.

This means there's no way for me, or anyone in my situation, to be able to buy Auric Cells for their game, unless you can find some way to circumvent being able to buy something from a different region's store while still on your account.

A shame but heh. I guess I'll have to contact the support team and see if there's some work around, but at least people in the future will know not to follow the same mistake if they come across this thread.

I'm grateful to everyone that took the time to help out with my issue, take care and have a nice one.

• Fibijean
    edited December 2019

If you bought cells from the Store and didn't get them ingame, I can't make any guarantees but it's possible that the Support team may even be able to refund your purchase, or grant you the cells manually. It doesn't seem fair that you should pay the money and not get the item you paid for like that.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work 🙁

• Adelstein

Hopefully yeah, I'll see how it develops once I submit my ticket, but it's more the fault of the PSN's structure than the devs really, so I can't fault them for that. If it were just possible to buy cells from the US store instead of having it blocked off, this wouldn't have been a problem.

• Fibijean

That is pretty annoying that it's region-locked. Do you think it would be possible to buy cells from the US Store using a VPN?

• Adelstein

Unfortunately I've already looked into that and it doesn't seem possible, maybe someone smarter could find a way to cimrcumvent it, but from what I've researched, using a VPN for your console is already pretty complicated, but it also only really allows you to bypass region locks for apps like Netflix and such, not the store.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I don't see why it wouldn't? I've game share with many US friends on xbox and I've always been able to buy stuff in my currency and having my console in my region. I know you are PS4 but I'd like to think it's similar? I have to say tho, DBD is not one of the games I share, so I might be wrong.

• Fibijean

What if you did it through a browser (assuming you have access to a computer)? You should be able to log into your PlayStation account on the PlayStation Store website, and buy auric cell packs from there. VPNs are fairly easy to use on computers, and as far as I'm aware they usually allow you to circumvent region locks on websites including things like online stores.

• Adelstein

Ah, I tried that already, went to the US page for Auric Cells on Browser but as soon as I logged on my account, I was barred off from it and was redirected to the EU Store, VPNs can't help with that since it's based on your account's region and not your IP.

• Fibijean

Ah I see, that's a bummer. Well, see what Support can do for you in that case. Hoping for the best 🤞

• iamShielaNutella
    iamShielaNutella Member Posts: 1

Hey Adelstein did you resolve this problem in your account did the dev. Help you with this already?