Devs, why not allowing us to play any killer in kyf?

As the title said, why not make all the killer and survivors (or at least the not licensed ones) viable in kyf for those who didn't have them?

This way they can always try them to see if they like them before buying...

Comments

• DefaultText
    DefaultText Member Posts: 17

I always thought they should give a splinter offering with the newest killer for free so we can play the newest killer and focus only on his powers

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Good idea.

If I could chip in - a way to jump into a custom trial on your own as killer or survivor without needing a second person would be nice as well.

• Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 276

In KYF is/was (never used KYF since release of spirit lol) an option "DLC characters" (or similar)

what does it, if not allow to use all kilres?

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

If it is i'm srry for the error, i have all the dlc so i dont know about that, going to ceck on my girlfriend account when i go back home 🤔

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

No, you're correct. You can only use the killers that you yourself own when playing KYF.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019

I would love this. The amount of times I've had to go to a friend and say, "I want to test something on my own, can you go into KYF with me and just... like... stand there and do nothing for 5 minutes?"

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Yeah, it's a bit inconvenient. It's definitely not a game changer, but a nice quality of life thing to have. Personally for me - None of my real life friends play the game, so most of the time I end up practising things in live matches. Unfortunately for the killer, they get a loud noise notification spammed when I decide to practice fast vaults at certain tiles and for the survivors when I decide to practice playing huntress and they have to sit through a whole match of me consistently throwing hatchets 10 meters away from them.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I would be 100% for all killers being available in KYF. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to bring people into the game because of the dual reasons of too much grind and too much paywall past the initial paywall. They see “17 killers (18 after today!)” and get excited, only to be disappointed that they only get 5. Typically we try to run some KYF to showcase some of the killers and get them acquainted with the game, but it’s never stuck, and I know part of it tends to be dissatisfaction that, even if they were to only play with us, they would have a much shallower pool of killers than we would. Opening it up would give new players the chance to try someone and decide they like them enough to buy them...same with vets on the fence about getting a killer.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

Maybe they should have more splinters for those with no dlcs? Saying this when i have all dlcs and get like a splinter every 5 bloodwebs -_-