Adapting?

Options
Touken
Touken Member Posts: 66
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
So i wanna know how is it possible to adapt as a new survivor if you keep getting camped? 

Also aren't the killers too op for noob survivors basically moving noob killer up and down between ranks because they arent good too?

ps.Im not new im just a bad at the game, im more of a killer main (rank 13 huntress) so i know how you most killers think but im not sure i can agree with most of it

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Just keep trying. If you keep getting found right away and camped (and can't get pips or points), look at how you're playing and try to adjust. You're bound to have games where things go bad, but you won't always be the first to be caught and if you see the killer is camping, you have the choice to run off and do gens. Everyone has a play style they prefer. I would say get perks that go along with your play style nicely. The killer's supposed to be the stronger one. It's 4 vs 1.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Touken said:
    So i wanna know how is it possible to adapt as a new survivor if you keep getting camped? 

Also aren't the killers too op for noob survivors basically moving noob killer up and down between ranks because they arent good too?

ps.Im not new im just a bad at the game, im more of a killer main (rank 13 huntress) so i know how you most killers think but im not sure i can agree with most of it

Try to play more stealthy, a 100% camper will then camp someone else and you will be free to do gens and escape.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

@Touken said:

Depends on your mindset when entering the game, i use to help the team by jumping on a gen straight away but soon found out i was the only one doing this hence getting chased first. With the new exhaustion perk changes i tend to be more cautious when playing survivor....unless i'm playing drunk then i invite the chase

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@DepravedKiller said:

@Touken said:

Depends on your mindset when entering the game, i use to help the team by jumping on a gen straight away but soon found out i was the only one doing this hence getting chased first. With the new exhaustion perk changes i tend to be more cautious when playing survivor....unless i'm playing drunk then i invite the chase

David: Come here you Hic* limely ######### i ll kick your ass.
    Feng: David don't provoke the myers he gonna kill you.
    David: that little ######### dosen't have the balls to kill me at worst he'll hook me.
    Tier 3 myer sounds plays.
    Myers moris david.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited July 2018
    Options

Another thing you can do to stop getting camped is to be a giant waste of time. Any killer worth their salt will back off if they know your too much hassle to chase so getting better at the chase helps a lot. Using flashlights on the killers as hes breaking pallets is a really good idea as you can use the times hes blinded to slip away from him just make sure to not leave tracks marks from sprinting too much. Be warned this will not work on billies who chainsaw pallets.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

@Zarathos said:

@DepravedKiller said:

@Touken said:

David: Come here you Hic* limely ######### i ll kick your ass.
    Feng: David don't provoke the myers he gonna kill you.
    David: that little ######### dosen't have the balls to kill me at worst he'll hook me.
    Tier 3 myer sounds plays.
    Myers moris david.

Yes, that is what happens almost 90% of the time but i also add in a few pointing/follow emotes at the killer

• Touken
    Touken Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Master said

Try to play more stealthy, a 100% camper will then camp someone else and you will be free to do gens and escape.

welp how we supposed to play stealthy with all of the aura reading perks?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Touken said:
    Master said

welp how we supposed to play stealthy with all of the aura reading perks?

What aura perk do you refer to? BBQ? Then the killer has already hooked a guy that he camps, so that isnt you if you have been stealthy before.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited August 2018
    Options

@fluffybunny said:
    Just keep trying. If you keep getting found right away and camped (and can't get pips or points), look at how you're playing and try to adjust. You're bound to have games where things go bad, but you won't always be the first to be caught and if you see the killer is camping, you have the choice to run off and do gens. Everyone has a play style they prefer. I would say get perks that go along with your play style nicely. The killer's supposed to be the stronger one. It's 4 vs 1.

Don't listen to this guy, killers have up to 4 wall hacks they can use, territorial perogative, bbq chili, nurses calling, and tinkerer. You are not safe and you never will be. Your team mates will be like drunk children in and Oj Simpson/Casey Anthony's household. Meanwhile your character will move like a clunky diabetic at best with the stamina of one, visual glitches will give away your position if you buy any cosmetics or new characters. All a killer has to do to pip, is get one of you guys, facecamp the hook, wait for the gens to pop, use noed to facecamp another survivor and the Devs support this playstyle becuase they gave survivors too many saving throws and too many clutch perks while making the killer have to wait ten seconds to do any sort of action. Otherwise DBD is a fun game if you know how to run in a circle and left click/spacebar occasionally.

Post edited by akbays35 on
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Don't listen to this guy, killers have up to 4 wall hacks they can use, territorial perogative, bbq chili, nurses calling, and bitter murmur. You are not safe and you never will be. Your team mates will be like drunk children in and Oj Simpson/Casey Anthony's household. Meanwhile your character will move like a clunky diabetic at best with the stamina of one, visual glitches will give away your position if you buy any cosmetics or new characters. All a killer has to do to pip, is get one of you guys, facecamp the hook, wait for the gens to pop, use noed to facecamp another survivor and the Devs support this playstyle becuase they gave survivors too many saving throws and too many clutch perks while making the killer have to wait ten seconds to do any sort of action. Otherwise DBD is a fun game if you know how to run in a circle and left click/spacebar occasionally.

You won't be safe (unless the killer is tunneling and pretty bad). Never said teammates won't act like drunk children, either, but not always. Not sure what you're referring to when you say "killers have to wait ten seconds to do any sort of action".

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Getting caught consistently every rounds isn't supposed to be a thing. Because that's just hoping the killer will be good sport with you, or having to rely on your teammates to save you.

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27
    Options

Run D-strike Kappa

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

Try be stealth boy you got perks for this like premonition urban evasion and if you get hooked kindred will be good if you play solo surv.Surv got perks for avoid killer before killer see him no one say you must run from palet to palet tbag jump window to window and make killer angry becose he waste time for you when your team make 2 gens.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Well it's not like hardcampers didn't exist in the very beginning.
    You just gotta keep trying, and maybe try all kinds of new things instead of trying one thing over and over.

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104
    Options

@Touken said:

The annoying non-helpful answer is "don't get caught" but honestly it's the only thing that will stop that happening.

The helpful advice would be "how do you want to avoid getting caught?" Then make a build around that.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Spinechill bruh