The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers I Enjoy Playing Against and Those I Don't

Freddy, Ghostface, Pig, Myers, Demogorgon, Spirit, Clown, and Trapper.

Freddy---Because he has multiple abilities without any hindrance to himself he is able to juggle multiple Survivors and use his abilities in different ways. I have to stop focusing on Gens and Wake Up if he's using the right add-ons and hopefully perks, these things are fun because it gives me more to do rather than just sit at a Gen and wear out my mouse by holding M1. Because he can use his many abilities in different ways there are many tricks he can use and many I have to try and work and or guess around.

Ghostface---He has the best stealth in the game and I am constantly guessing whether he is in or out of stealth. Unlike other Killers I can't rely on his Terror Radius to warn me if he's close by, in fact that strategy hinders me which forces me to play differently than the norm. This uneasiness and constant guessing along with his easy to use Crouch makes it exciting to verse someone so confusing and it's absolutely terrifying.

Pig---She also has stealth but it is crap because of the slow speed so what makes her fun to go against are her traps. They force me into this time limit where if I don't get the trap off I'll die, this impending doom is fun as I have to go out of the norm and try to traverse the map without getting caught and try to take off the mask. The lethality and dread of this ability makes her very fun to against and is a lot more exciting compared to doing Gens; whenever I see Pig I am instantly happy as she changes the game completely.

Myers---He is extremely spooky, more so than Ghostface as he can stand just a few feet away out in the open while I am completely unaware and since his ability is tied to looking at me that makes it more exciting since I am aware that if he looked at me long enough I could die. He is very strong and at any moment he can Tier up and get stronger and wipe out the entire team all because someone was unaware they were being stalked.

Demogorgon---A good Demogorgon distracts players with the portals and I am actually on the fence if I enjoy going against this one or not because the portals aren't really a threat and taking them down is actually bad as a Survivor because it gives the Killer the ability to keep using them but at the same time even if he does use them it doesn't matter. When he needs to teleport to where I am he usually can't and the Oblivious status doesn't even work unless I am directly on top of it next to the Gen which is almost impossible. I feel Demogorgon COULD be fun if he had more power.

Spirit---Pretty easy to say why she's fun, predicting where she is and where she is going is very engaging and feels like a puzzle where the reward is living and the punishment is death. I was very sad to see the window mind trick is gone as that makes going against her easy which is not fun since I don't need to predict her movement anymore.

Clown---He is incredibly jolly and difficult to go against because he makes safe loops unsafe with his gas. He turns my strengths into weaknesses which is rare and unique in this game, I just wish he had more going for him as if he isn't chasing me he isn't a threat which cannot be said about the other Killers I have mentioned.

Trapper---His traps cause mass paranoia and they are deadly, one wrong move and I'm caught/injured. This also makes my strength my weakness but in a different way which is amazing and makes chases exciting. ''is that window trapped? Did he put one down next to that pallet? Should I walk through this grass or no?'' My only complaint about this though is that I can go the entire match without ever interacting with his ability and games can go very quickly and sometimes I only see him at the end of the match, he is incredibly easy to go against and that makes me sad because he is quite fun.

KILLERS I DON'T ENJOY GOING AGAINST

Doctor---he can slow down the game too much to the point where it is almost impossible to do anything at all or make progress. It is a constant chore to play against Doctor because I am unable to do Gens because I have to constantly break out of Madness and a good Doctor player will take advantage of that.

Legion---I do not feel threatened by Legion as their power doesn't do anything or hinder me in any way. I can Mend quickly and he's gone almost instantly leaving me feeling safe since they're gone. The only time I enjoy going against Legion is when they don't use their power because it means they're actually trying to kill me that time.

Every other Killer is just OK, I am neither excited nor annoyed to play against them as they feel strong and they are made stronger by the skill of the player. I've faced bad Huntresses and bad Hillbillys and some Killers like Wraith are only annoying because of the player and not the Killer itself.

FINAL THOUGHTS

If you're paying attention, one thing all my favored Killers have in common as they all change the game for me in some way and are strong enough to stir up my own strategies because of the abilities they have. Some need a tune up to make them more fun as their ability is lacking in areas which make them easily duped and boring but their potential is high. And finally I would like to say please buff Legion, Clown, and Trapper so they would be more fun for everyone. I do hope this approach of fun Killers is more receptive rather than using facts, logic, and numbers which seem to be completely ignored; thank you for reading 😊

Comments

• reworkstabbyteens
    reworkstabbyteens Member Posts: 19

If you don't feel threatened by a Legion then you haven't played against a high level one that knows what he is doing.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197

Huh, thats very odd, personally I really hate Freddy since he slows the game down so much, and Spirit since a good spirit will kill you no matter what you do, just guessing against a spirit isn't really that fun for me, but to each their own, but just dont act like its skill, its entirely a dice roll since a good spirit will catch you no matter what

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

The only killer that I feel absolutely miserable to face is Clown. To me, Spirit is nothing compared to him. (Iron Will gamers unite)

Intoxication effect gives me headaches and gets me light headed from the blurriness and makes me strain my eyes trying to see irl .

Not only that I hate his exhaustion add-on, it's way too easy to exhaust someone with the way his power is designed.

So yeah, make the digital character feel sick, not the actual player.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Well I'm that weird guy who really enjoyed facing Nurse before her changes, now that was a damn challenge. I don't face many Nurses so I can't tell if she's easier to get away from or harder but from what I've been hearing Nurse players say it's probably easier to get away.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

Hate playing vs:

Freddy - teleporting, slow downs and annoying dream world, not the worst to be honest, out of my 'hate' list he's least hated, rather annoying

Billy - dash + insta down just triggers me, sometimes feels like total bs

Oni - to be honest, he feels like tunnelers wet dream, get hit once and you can't really lose him, since you keep dropping huge, glowing blood orbs, feels like 'who needs scratch marks', I might be wrong, but so far it works like that for me

Others I either like or don't mind. Some have something annoying about them, but nothing that would bother me too much.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I hate Freddy. I think, Why should I not just make my grave on the ground right now? Dream snares can be spammed to prevent any kind of minor looping, and since the snares make sound, there is no way to stealth over them. Also PGTW and/or Surge. That really makes for an unfun, can't do anything game.

Mainly, I despise his lunge animation, successful hit animation, walking animation, and any associated sound.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Freddy is my all time favorite Killer to play lol I have never seen someone hate him so much but I'm sure this would make him happy.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

You say that, but i've played over 200 hours of Legion and people still don't act like I bother them.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Nurse (Even if she is good), pig. Thats pretty much it.