So is this a thing now? (avoiding the new ban system)

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I've just played a couple games and everytime I slug for the 4k (which I've started doing today as I'm sick of people acting like crazy apes if they manage to escape via the hatch or gate even though they only repaired 1 gen or even no gen at all) the 3rd survivor "disconnects without the sound notification" to give the 4th survivor a chance to get the hatch/gate.

Does that mean they're literally pulling the cord so they can DC without getting temp-banned?

It happened multiple matches in a row so I doubt they always got "force dc'd". Also that doesn't really happen a lot on console since we (luckily) don't have to deal with dedicated servers.

Comments

• Yamaoka

Oh ok thank you for the clarification @Bassador @Sairek @NoOneImportant

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Thats because switch doesnt do p2p from what i remember.

• KingHEADBUSTER
    KingHEADBUSTER Member Posts: 75

I always down the 3rd and search for the last survivor, sometimes they get up with heals or unbreakable, there's nothing wrong about that. I run unbreakable and got up, opened the door, and escaped this morning. The other guy didn't lmao.

• Yamaoka

You can just open the internet menu on console and turn the wifi connection off for a second. Pulling the cord is just a metaphorical way to say it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You can unplug the router. Or, in a more figurative sense, turning off the wifi by putting your computer into aeroplane mode or something still counts as "pulling the cable".

• Yamaoka

That's what I'm saying. There's literally perks that counter slugging and they're strong enough to turn death into escapes so I don't accept the "slugging is unfair" attitude.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I find slugging the third person to be a douchy move and a major time waster I personally never do it, unless I know exactly where the 4th person is. But I have no interest in pipping up either. Dcing is worse.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I think only because you can use certain mechanics of the game doesnt make it intended or ok. Sure slugging is a strategy and intended also in regards to the perks. But in terms of the endgame I think slugging for 4K is not what the devs wanted. Same for 99% the gates. They wanted to reduce the time of the endgame with the collapse. But with slugging or 99-ing it makes egc kinda unimportant. I would like to see some changes in the egc so we dont have to argue about dc for hatch or slugging for 4k.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

The game is grindy, and the Killer wanting to maximize his BP's to get through the grind is fine. If they need to slug Survivor 3 to get Survivor 4, then so be it.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

If they didn't want us slugging they'd disable it under certain conditions.

Basically, the old argument of "If they didn't want us doing it they wouldn't let us do it."

• T2K

I didnt say they dont want us to slug. I meant that I think they didnt want us to slug in the egc for the 4K. Its more of an egc thing than a slugging thing imo

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

This will be a shitshow I can feel it. Just waiting the system to start and then their game freeze on you and you gen banned :)

• SonicOffline

No no I get you. I'm also saying if they didn't want us to slug they would disable it. Such as EGC they'd probably punish the killer for doing it, or make the survivor die faster, etc. etc.

So far, they've done nothing of the sort. Relatively, I'll continue to slug for my 4ks.

• T2K

ah ok. Well all that is pure theory but mby they dont know how to fix egc in terms of that matter.

Im also still slugging for 4K ;)

But I wish they would come up with a nice idea to fix that

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

Why would you say something stupid like that, the survivors can say they are not here for your experience aswell and you don't see why that's the problem, they see dc'ing as a win for the team any way needed and killers see slugging as any way needed that's why none of its ever gonna change

• SonicOffline
    edited December 2019

I didn't say they weren't allowed to play how I disapproved of, did I? Please feel free to quote where I did. In a twist of fate, though, as luck has it, I play Wraith and tunnel people hard until they quit. Or die.

I'm fine with either and find ragequitting hilarious. It means I did it right :>

-[edit 15 minutes later]-

Also, to me it absolutely is not a problem for survivors to not cater to me as the killer. They're there for each other, and I'm there to f--- up their day. Straight up. Why would I be nice to them? lol

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,703

Ehh, I'll dc for hatch if the killer has been a major dick in the match such as face camping first hook or hardcore tunnels but never from slugging. 100% agree it's a crappy thing to do and I'm part of the problem but at the same time I just don't care enough to stop. I also don't pull the plug, I just leave since it's quicker and I would be happy to take the future punishment it brings me.

Normally when I dc it's more for memes then anything though and I think I've dced once ever for slugging and that was yesterday because two others dced and I thought it'd be funny to continue the chain.

Normally if the killer slugs, I'll just wait in a corner of the basement and point till death. I don't try for the door or anything else, I just waste as much time as possible to make the match boring for them. Bonus if it's a swf and at least two can hide.

Is it wrong? Yes. Do I do it anyway? Also yes. Probably my favorite thing that happened was a huntress with iri head who slugged, proxy camped the slug till almost death then camped the guy on hook. One person dced before that and me and some random both decided to hide and it took her about 30 minutes or so to find me. I dced to prevent a possible bbq stack and the other guy got hatch. It was beautiful.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

I see some "good for them ######### you" no, slugging is completely acceptable, if you do it then leave all to die even when in sight then no, but to get the advantage yes, anyone against it needs to git gud

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

Dude; one is a PlayStyle, the other is a Systematic Offense

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

there is still no DC punishment. it comes tomorrow (if they can fix the game before).

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I slug sometimes and I have some dc too. Thing is ,unlike OP , I don't feel entitled to have survivors stay and crawl for the rest of the game just so that I could get my e pin bigger with that 4k. I can't understand what's so painful in the last guy getting hatch lol. This is not CSGo or something.

• crabbycanuckttv
    crabbycanuckttv Member Posts: 35

Or earn the 4k thorough skill? Slugging is not skill by any means it is ego. Stop taking tips from salty pro streamers and just play for the fun.

• bumbewildered
    bumbewildered Member Posts: 16

To be fair disconnecting, either by hitting escape or by pulling your WiFi cord, is a game mechanic. If the devs didn't want us to do it they wouldn't give us the option. And yes these argument look strikingly similar to the slug arguments. Point is, neither is fun. The better way to play killer to maximize your pipping is to "play with your food". You should know that survivors have two objectives throughout the game, repair and save. If you really want the 4k pip let them save each other so you max your books. With 2 left 1 is on the hook and 1 is on the save. If you find the death hook player then give him a whack and go find the one that isn't on death hook.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

No reason to be biased about what is fair or not and to be fair the perks that "can" counter slugging really only work once, yeah slugging isn't against the rules but it absolutely should be and here's why, it's taking the game hostage it prevents the person being slugged from playing and it also encourages the other survivor to not be productive or help the person on the ground incase the killer is staying within range of the slug or so they can get hatch, (mind you I'm talking strictly about the last 2 survivors there's nothing wrong with early game slugging as the other survivors can distract/help) and none of this really falls on players persay rather than the overall game itsself alot of changes could happen to fix alot of these issues

• bumbewildered
    bumbewildered Member Posts: 16

Alright so if slugging is a strategy and dc-ing isn't because it isn't within the game then why was something like rock climbing something that needed to be fixed? There's a lot of things in the game that were considered "exploits" that were fixed, slugging could be next.

• Xelaranger
    Xelaranger Member Posts: 10

This should be a simple fix since slugging literally makes it so survs cant play the game anymore, either take away hatch and let survs kill them self without dcing or punish slugging if it takes too long so even on a 4k no double pip.

Seriously if your slugging and your good it's not so bad its just the ones that are not take literally forvever should be punished for killing everyones time.. See what I did there? But seriously it is a boring strategy that inflates game time for no purpose other than a few tryhards getting a 4k and maybe a super niche build here or there. But you need to reward the good ones and punish the bads ones because as is there is no downsides for the killer maybe it's diff at red ranks.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

This makes me ferl proud that I'm not an ######### when I play surv.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,484

Other times i let the last survivor go after hooking the 3rd survivor it just depends on how the survivors play.

• Yamaoka

Again: There are perks for and against slugging. If you can't deal with endgame slugging play a different game. People should be grateful that I'm an anti-camp and anti-tunnel Bubba main who plays without NOED and without basement builds. That's OVERLY fair especially for a Bubba.

Instead they're still crying because of endgame slugging. Get used to it, run Unbreakable and/or Tenacity or quit the game. I will always slug for the 4k. No 0% skill-escapes for bad survivors. Either outplay me or get sacrificed. Simple as that.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Rock climbing was fixed because because it was an exploit... there were certain rocks that the killer couldn't climb or hit the survivor (this is something that should never be in the game) it was also a means to make use of BL when it was in an area that it shouldn't have been able too be used...

Now we go to slugging, slugging has always been intended to be in the game, it's a means of slowing down the game without other perks and even then slugging is only useful against solo players like everything....