Devs, the two most annoying things in the balance - the SWF and the nurse, and my suggestion

go1gotha
go1gotha Member Posts: 108
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

SWF. As far as I remember, you wanted to give a lot of information to solo players, so that they do not differ so much from the SWF, and already from this to build a balance in the game. At the moment it is clear when the killer is chasing obsession. But this is not enough. In this game time decides, perhaps the most important moment - when one of the survivors gets on the hook, the SWF will distribute the roles and save a lot of time, but the solo players can not do this - they can all run to the hook and nobody at this time will repair generators. My decision is to change perk "kindred" and do something else instead, and let the players see each other's auras by default, while one of them hangs on the hook. I think it will well compare the difference between solo players and SWF, and it will be easier for you to build a balance. (Of course this is not an ideal solution, but a true step in the right direction)

Nurse. One of the elements of this game is the chase, it should not last long, but should not end instantly. A nurse can remain as she is, a problem in her addons. A good player perfectly copes with survivors without addons and in his hands is the most powerful killer, and survivors have a chance to prolong the chase by using some "mindgames". But if a good player puts 3-5 blinks, then the survivor has no chance in the chase, because to hit, having 3 or more blinks does not need much intelligence. My suggestion is to make 1 extra blink an ultra-rare add-on, also it will not hurt to weaken add-ons for the range and speed of the blink, it's all too much. And I want to note, even with 2 blinks and weakened addons, the nurse will still remain the most powerful killer, but will become more balanced.

P.S. Today, for several hours of the game, I several times received hits from the killers, which should not have been received. They had a normal ping in the lobby, but apparently not a stable Internet, make dedicated servers already, your players suffer because of this.

Post edited by go1gotha on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I agree, nurse shouldnt be able to get more than 3 blinks in my opinion. But honestly, I rarely see anyone using more blinks.

The only solution to balance SWF is give solo players ingame voice comms, but devs said they dont want to do that. Thats why I suggest to introduce casual mode for SWF and ranked mode for solo only. Give killers extra BP to face SWF

• go1gotha
    edited July 2018

3 blinks - it's already a lot, only 2 blinks make this killer balanced and give chances to survivors to prolong the chase. SWF will always be stronger than solo players, but the developers can at least somehow narrow the gap between them without entering a voice chat.

• rObLoCo
    rObLoCo Member Posts: 23

limit the range she can blink, and less items she can blink through

• Master
    go1gotha said:

3 blinks - it's already a lot, only 2 blinks make this killer balanced and give chances to survivors to prolong the chase. SWF will always be stronger than solo players, but the developers can at least somehow narrow the gap between them without entering a voice chat.

I would agree with 2 blinks only if deadhard wasn't a thing, but it is

But then the game needs to be balanced around swf. Not around solo players like it is the case currently. Also they need to rework perks like knockout then
  • Yrwenn
    Yrwenn Member Posts: 15

@Master said:

I would agree with 2 blinks only if deadhard wasn't a thing, but it is

You seriously have problem with dead hard? Even after the exhaustion nerf? ...yes, they will dodge ONE hit, and if you don´t lose them, they are just dead, because they still have to run.

• go1gotha
    edited July 2018

The nurse, as well as all the other killers, can force the survivors to use a dead hard "to nothing", as a result of which the survivor will avoid a hit only once per match. (the first time you do not yet know that the survivor has this perk)
    And yes, after exhaustion nerf, the strongest killer in the game became even stronger.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Master said:
    I agree, nurse shouldnt be able to get more than 3 blinks in my opinion. But honestly, I rarely see anyone using more blinks.

T. Thats why I suggest to introduce casual mode for SWF and ranked mode for solo only.

Here is your medal for a good idea.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Master said:

T. Thats why I suggest to introduce casual mode for SWF and ranked mode for solo only.

On paper - yes.
    In action 90% of killers will never touch casual, like at all.
    Because dispite tag casual, SWF WILL tryhard and even more troll squads appear because no loss of progress.
    SWF queue will be dead in no time.

• Master

@CookieBaws said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Master said:

On paper - yes.
    In action 90% of killers will never touch casual, like at all.
    Because dispite tag casual, SWF WILL tryhard and even more troll squads appear because no loss of progress.
    SWF queue will be dead in no time.

As I said, additional BP for killers willing to be bullied

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

@rObLoCo said:
    limit the range she can blink, and less items she can blink through

This happen in the shock therapy room, lol! This stage is so buggy for the nurse ...

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Leave nurse alone .. shes the most worked on character in the game and shes perfect how she is.. she take a lot of skill to use (most skill actually) and shes extremely limited on console I never see nurse on console and when I do she o always live simply because it's more difficult to play her because of the FPS issue.. 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Swf is one thing... heres a thought maybe if the devs balanced swf maybe there would be less nurses on PC.. 
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Nurse was the most heavily-nerfed character in the game's history, which then made her the worst killer in the game.

She did not receive any buffs between being the worst killer in the game and becoming the best killer in the game. All that had to happen was for survivors to get worse. They got worse by leaning more on their biggest crutches: infinites, then pallet-loops.

Nurse became better because survivors forgot how to play against her. They were told before she was nerfed how she could be beaten, but ignored it. They only paid attention after they got the unjustified nerf to happen, making her useless. Losing that information with their goldfish memories was as good as deleting the Nurse's obvious glaring weaknesses. Those weaknesses got worse during the engine-revamp, which permanently set every killer's viewpoint further forward and meant we can't see anything right in front of us.

It's never going to be enough though. Survivors will not stop trying to nerf Nurse even more.