Purple Medkits

So I was wondering by chance of medkits being changed, can I still get up to 3/4 full heals with a purple medkit if I added charges and had perks that affect speed?

Comments

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I don't know how many charges a purple has by heart but a full heal without any efficiency perks is 16 charges. Addons can add a total of 28? charges so so long as it already has 16 then you can hit 3 heals with extra with addons, and more since it definitely isn't as low as a brown/emergency medkit.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Pretty sure it has 32 charges

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Kind of unrelated but aren’t charge addons bugged right now?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Speed does not affect the amount of heals you can get from a medkit. If you have 16 charges, you'll get one heal. Even if you heal twice as fast, you'll use just as many charges.

The medkits haven't actually been changed, it's just that the charge add-ons for medkits are bugged right now. We're looking into it.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Peanits I believe the charge add ons for toolboxes and batteries for flashlight are too.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

It's funny how the ranger med kit says:

• Tremendously increases the speed at which you heal other Survivors (50 %).
    • Moderately increases Skill Check success zones.
    • Moderately increases Skill Check bonus zones.
    • Unlocks the Self-Healing action.

But I noticed when healing with it that the Skill Check bonus zones are actually smaller instead of bigger. Normal skill check zones are bigger like the description says.

• NaroxdamXias
    NaroxdamXias Member Posts: 59

I should have added this bit, does it still give me the same amount as well say if I used it on myself too? Like if I happened to run Botany, Resilience, Self Care, Streetwise, or even if the killer brought Dying Light? I haven't been able to do a custom match to try out these combos to make a purple medkit last and get a lot of use from it, while also affecting its capabilities with so little capacity.