The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers: no, we don't actually care about the 4K

Also 95% of the killers: hehe let me take advantage of this basement bug to get 4K :)

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Idk about that. As soon as I realized the bug was real I started avoiding the basement, even when the survivors are dumb enough to be downed at the basement :)

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Not really, tons of people on console were still going basement builds on Dec 2.

Plus when the wake up was bugged I saw maybe 3 or 4 people actually using it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

True. Regardless, you were talking about some Killers exploiting a bug, only natural to bring up other bug exploits.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Even streamers saying they still do hooks in basement. So probably no punishment from BHVR.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

There's a difference between someone using basement hooks and someone going out of their way to do so specifically to abuse the bug.

You can't detect if a player is doing one or the other unless they themselves admit it. It's the same moderation/punishment nightmare as stuff like streamsniping, there's no conclusive way to prove it except a straight up confession.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Yes. Yes I am very willing to keep saying it as I have been all day.

Ever since the update, more than 50% of my survivor matches have had killers gunning for that basement hook. And I highly doubt they're ALL doing the Archive challenge.

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

Funny thing is the basement glitch happened once to me in the same patch where Freddy got reworked. I added the wraith on steam and messaged him telling him i wasn't backing out. Waited 45 minutes and he left. I got to keep my bloodpoints :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh cool, i'm the 5%!

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I just went against a Meyers that had iron grasp and aggetation and aggressively hooked in basement and proximity camped. After anyone was unhooked they just wondered around in the basement until I got hooked and I had no idea why everyone was eventually giving up until after game chat and everyone said they were blinded and couldn't see anything? That is pretty messed up. I didn't get basement hooked so I don't know exactly what happened but everyone else was livid

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

can you say that that killer intentionally did it because of the bug? or no? that was the point of this thread.... that 95% of the killers know of and abuse this issue.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

the other survivor's sure did but I don't know for sure as I was doing gens and not being ultra altruistic. I was more wondering what exactly happens? How do you become blind from being hooked in the basement? Does the screen just go blank?

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

why are people still using this as an excuse? it's from tome 2 and that was weeks ago

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

yeah so give everyone the easy way out when clearly there are a ton of killers abusing this bug, hilarious.. remember when survivors were doing this with dead hard etc ? man what a riot you guys are

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

There's 2 tome 3 challenges that require using the basement. One requires x p ut in there and the other requires one put in there while someones already in there.

• DeadByGayDwight
    DeadByGayDwight Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2019

"Making excuses"

First of all, to my knowledge, there are multiple basement challenges in Tomes 2 AND 3, and since they only are completed in niche situations, a lot of attempts is crucial to getting those objectives completed. You know what that means? A lot of people retrying in multiple games to get the objective. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

If the developers screw something up, it's not the killer's fault or the survivor's fault for a minority of players taking advantage of something THEY did wrong. Don't sit here and attack the player base, go after the people who messed it up in the first place. Place your energy in the right spot, bb.

And there is a simple solution to this problem, don't go near the basement in the first place. Simple solution to a simple problem.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

I only found out about the bug after I got told to kms by a survivor but once I apologized and explained that I was totally unaware of the bug they kind of backed off a little and explained it to me. Ever since then I've avoided the basement entirely but in my last game I had 2 people sabotaging my hooks in front of me constantly so I had no choice but to use the basement when none of my hooks were nearby but the basement.

I've played a few SWF games tonight and I've seen no killer purposely trying to abuse the bug and on the occasions they did hook me in the basement it was due to the following:

1) Unaware of the issue

2) Tome challenge

3) No hooks nearby so they had no choice.

OP I'm not saying you're doing this but I'm tired of seeing posts on the forums about banning killers for this. Remember when killers asked the devs to ban people for using Wake Up some survivors said "IT's the devs fault for letting it pass the testing so we can't get banned for it" but now it's a killer bug I've seen a lot of posts asking for devs to ban killers like double standards man.

Anyway, I've not seen you mentioning banning OP so I'm not going to continue my rant but it honestly sucks. If they don't do an emergency patch by tomorrow then unfortunately I can already see a bunch of timeouts being handed out for people affected by this bug who DC because they have no other choice.

All I can do is apologize for your time wasted due to the bug and the crap matches you've been in but it's definitely only a minority of killers who are intentionally abusing this.

• Freki

well please tell me what information gathering you have done other than making assumptions without any facts into this, and to say people are naive and further this line of thought against others with baseless accusations? sheesh.

• Freki

so you should say "95% of the killers ** I ** faced are ** PROBABLY ** doing this to abuse this bug because ** I ** want to throw blame on people without any real evidence." it's crap like this that I have had to deal with in many things where there is so many people assuming facts not in evidence. You are what is wrong with forums like this and why people ignore issues posted in forums at times. and SO you know: 1) there is NO way to know who has experienced this bug or who WILL experience this bug. 2) There is NO way to know it's really happening to anyone. 3) there ARE multiple challenges to be done where the basement is required. 4) NO one else has accused 95% of a specific sub group of a player base of exploiting a bug with no evidence to back them up other than their biased opinion.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Killers most definitely care about their 4ks. I've played enough survivor to know lol.

I'm among the group of killers who don't always sweat for the 4k.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

This. BHVR has, yet again, done a very poor showing of telling people about it, so you can't blame the killers.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

you realize the closer we get to red ranks the more we need a 4k to get a pip right? double pipping is so rare nowadays that 4ks are usually a pip and 3ks are usually a black pip OR SOMETIMES a pip if you are lucky

• Freki

honestly I don't give a damn what you think, but when you open a post the way you did, you were gunning to get "action" done no matter what you say. and you keep on trying to make others who are destroying your post with actual information and facts try to believe you are correct. you might want to think how things come across if this is how you speak outside of the internet. there are people that are looking to sue people just because you said the wrong thing and slander/libel is a very real thing.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Also 95% of Survivors: let me loops near basement because Killer should not hang me in basement.

Or that 95% is you.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I mean, if your a survivor and you already KNOW about the glitch, wouldn't you try and stay away from the basement as much as possible, instead of complaining when the killer is just doing there job or trying to do the archives?

• ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28

just happened to me. all you see is faint tree line hidden behind a wall of black and grey cloudy shapes. couldnt see any teamate auras or any of the basement. killer hooked us all in there. all blind

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Survivors: The Us V.S. Them mentality is dumb.

Also Survivors: Filthy Killer main abusing bugs all they care about is the 4k.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Blame the game, not the player.

• SteelDragon

notice how I said nothing about the basement bug in my post

• SteelDragon

and then you said in your post that people abuse the bug for 4k's

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Survivors get banned for mindfully abusing game-breaking mechanics. Same goes for killers. Nothing else to say here

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

"Oh, just deal with it crybabies"

The game is designed so there are always multiple hook options, you have no excuse for locking people out of playing the game just because you have no consideration of them. Facts

• legionIsBackBaby
    legionIsBackBaby Member Posts: 32

Ok boomer

• jimmy5200
    jimmy5200 Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2019
  • UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I personally don't care if I get a 4k or not

• Leobolics
    Leobolics Member Posts: 28

Literally all the killers I've been playing against are abussing of the basement bug.

• Frank_Sriracha
    Frank_Sriracha Member Posts: 74

Killers: ...

OP: KILLERS ARE ABUSING THE BASEMENT BUG EVERYONE KNOWS ITS TRUE YOU WILL BE BANNED YOU FILTH!

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,494

BHVR should have just put out a thing in the news on the game saying about the bug for the killers to avoid it if possible until its fixed. But still if theres no other choice and no other hooks i have to hook people in the basement and hope they dont get the glitch. I understand its unfun for them but what am i supposed to do just let them go?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

True, saw alot of killers abusing that too... pretty sad honestly.