survivors avoiding skill check

hello..
for starters i am not killer main, i am suvivor.. so sont start.. :D But could it be possible that to give suvivors there avoid skill checks a penalty.. or make not possible to avoid these.. :D:D it is getting annoying

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    It simply shouldn't be possible to tap a gen, just let the progress start some time after they get in position,  voila
    The same should be done against flashlight clickers btw 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The skill check thingy doesn't always work and if you do it all the way to the end you take 5 mins I think and you get way less points. I saw someone doing it a few times and wanted to know what it was about and its' stupid. The flasghlight clikers scripot is fcking annoying since it can't be avoided and it's 100% accuracy everytime.

The one issue with penalizing though is say you see/hear killer coming so you get up after working on gen. You'll get penalized by the actions of the few exploiting a game mechanic. I've had times where I go to get off gen because one of the above happens and I take 2 steps and bam a skill check goes off when I'm 3-5 steps away.

• nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88

Gen tapping is a strategy even devs are fine with it. But is it worth it I mean you complete the gen so much slower than doing it normally hitting those hex skillchecks.

• Master

@nooxet said:
    Gen tapping is a strategy even devs are fine with it. But is it worth it I mean you complete the gen so much slower than doing it normally hitting those hex skillchecks.

Funny that gen tapping is a strategy, but juggling wasnt considered a strategy, but rather an exploit such that the devs fixed it.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Gen tapping is the mark of a bad survivor, im playing on PS4 and i still hit 80% of great skillchecks despite worse FPS and being a Killer main.

Just learn to power through Ruin, its faster snd not that hard.
  • facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52
    Master said:

@nooxet said:

Funny that gen tapping is a strategy, but juggling wasnt considered a strategy, but rather an exploit such that the devs fixed it.

You can still juggle. In fact, I recommend you to do it against DS, if you can.
  • Master

@facundoj said:
    Master said:

@nooxet said:

You cant, the wiggle meter fills so the survivor gets a free escape after the 4th juggle and still has DS. Before they introduced that, you were able to juggle as much as you want

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Wiith gen tapping, you can still get skill checks and it takes a lot longer than if you were to just sit on it. Less points, too. I believe I've heard it's a strategy in the same way that juggling is, though both are kinda cheap imo. They should punish gen tapping more, though. Like a higher chance of skill checks the more you tap, so you're likely to blow it up on accident.

• facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52
    Master said:

@facundoj said:
    Master said:

@nooxet said:

You cant, the wiggle meter fills so the survivor gets a free escape after the 4th juggle and still has DS. Before they introduced that, you were able to juggle as much as you want

I always thought that juggling was meant to be done near hook. Didn't know you could do it forever before.