Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Your thoughts on the new chapter?

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I decided to jump on today and play the new chapter, I haven't been on the map but only played against the Oni once.

What are your thoughts and feelings on this new chapter so far?

Comments

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

Too soon to say, especially with the PTB adjustments. In PTB, Oni was godly. Right now, I've only been doing achievements and his was one of the harder ones for me to get at red ranks. Took me about 8 games but at least now I can start prestiging him and put a proper build on him. He's still fun because survivors as well as killers are trying to learn him.

Re: achievements, what's up with Bodyguard and its 30 protection hit goal? People are throwing games to get this.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited December 2019

i like the killer, don't care about the survivor took a hard pass, and the new map is too dark and that transfered to the other version of yamaoka estates. I want to stand there and do nothing cause i can't see anything anyway.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Map is pretty bad don't like it as either sides to be honest

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I don't mind the new map but my god does every other map hurt my eyes now. haddonfield feels like I'm playing under a spotlight!

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Pretty meh chapter for me.

Don't care for the killer or the survivor or even the map. Dont like the Legion changes. Dont care for any of the new perks either.

Though playing on Xbox 1X the fps seems to have improved, especially on the main menus and lobby. So that's much appreciated.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Thanks, and yes I actually just experienced that bug, it sucks.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

new map design is pretty terrible, Oni has console limitations, only 1 good perk from both survivor and a killer(nemesis) and a ton of bugs

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

the darkness is bad for survivor too, if im deep wounded its pitch black literally. and the pallet rng is HORRID. the map was much better in ptb

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

the killer perks are garbage, the new killer is a slugging killer and nothing else. 1 new survivor perk may become meta and 1 is useless while the other will be come meta for SWF

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

It's meh. New map is trash. Visually (if we don't talk about the brightness) is a good job but gameplay wise no thanks. New killer could be fun to go against if not the blood trails that force everyone to heal and give away position. Just another annoying killer but I didn't expect anything new.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Survivor is cute Killer gets boring after you play against him 87 billion times in a row I wish I could play without a game-breaking bug ruining the match for me.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

It made me uninstall the game.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Let's see:

The Oni: Not my cup of tea as I'm not a fan of m1 killers with cooldown powers. Also he can still be looped during his demon mode which makes him seem kinda weak. I even played some survivor games to test his potential and even though I'm rusty as survivor none of the Oni players managed to down me using the demon dash attack. His visual and sound design is amazing, though.

Yui: A nice combination of attractive and cool. I like her voice and two of her perks seem quite interesting. I wonder if "any means necessary" is affected by Spine Chill and/or Resilience allowing her to reset pallets more quickly. Perhaps it could be used whilst looping. We will see I guess.

The new map: It's kind of difficult to see survivors and I ran into a few spots that were too narrow for the killer allowing survivors to get easy distance but I like it design-wise. Also the statues around the temple are looking at you as soon as you turn your camera away which makes the map more interactive and adds some atmosphere.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

The killer in the new chapter is pretty fun, but the new map is just not fun to play on, on either side.