Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is the basement bug

slaya
slaya Member Posts: 30

I have been hearing a lot of questions about this bug but I don’t know exactly what it is.

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@slaya

What Fibijean said, the bug happens a lot less often than people think... and in a lot of games you won't be hooked in the basement that much UNLESS it's a basement specific challenge they're doing for example.

You'll be fine, but if you notice your camera going into the skybox because you were hooked in the basement, than that's why. The issue should be resolved soon since a lot of people have made BHVR aware of it, so don't worry about it too much.

however

If the bug happens to you in-game than there isn't anything you can do about it i'm afraid... you'll eventually get found in there if you just stand still (because of the crows that proc), so... yeah...

Like I said though, its fairly rare, mostly because Killers won't hook people in the basement UNLESS they're literally next to it OR they're doing a challenge for basement hooks.