One trap broken hag?

Options

I never play as hag, but I played against one running a red and a purple addon, with MYC. It seems whatever this perk does all he needs to do is hook one person and its GG with one trap. If you save the person on the hook, it triggers hag anywhere on the map and he instadowns you, rinse and repeat... its like a form of camping but... not.. camping...

FYI he also brought a mori and mori'd all of us lol. No salt or nuthin but its a tough build...

Comments

• jeridan
    jeridan Member Posts: 77
    Options

I don't know about that. I've been seeing many hag traps trip even when crouched. I am going to test if it has something to do with UE.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

@TheXenoborg said:
    It's tough to pull off. All you had to do was crouch to the hook instead of running to it and that build would have backfired so hard on that Hag.

Maybe it was the mint rag though, which allows the Hag to just teleport to a trap even if not triggered. But who knows, he didn't specify.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    It was the mint rag set up. There's not really any way to counter that kind of hag play other than to gen rush and save when you are absolutely sure when safe. Thing is, you don't need to set her trap off for her to TP to it if she has a mint rag, she can do it at will. But if you get her to misuse it, she won't be able to teleport again for 15 seconds, regardless if you run over a trap or not.

If you notice a hag only placing one trap RIGHT BY THE HOOK instead of in a possible run lane (in order to cut you or the survivor, who is likely to run when their unhook happens, off) she is either a bad hag, is noticing reckless saves, or has mint rag and the moment she gets the notification you saved, she'll TP to you.
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yes happened to me before (happened all in the basement to top it off lol). Nothing you can do besides leave the person to die and gen rush.
  • qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98
    Options

I don't recall what the addons were, but it seemed to me that the survivor unhook was what was setting the traps off, crouching was irrelevant. I did also just learn you can use a flashlight to disarm hag traps... which I never knew. Where's the instruction booklet that tells you all these little details lol.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Mint rag/MYC is a cancer build, basically just long range camping.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options

Where's the instruction booklet that tells you all these little details lol.

Right here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki