Message to all killers

bruhtrain
bruhtrain Member Posts: 3
edited February 24 in General Discussions

To all killers what’s your reason to camp? (I camp when all gens are done, both exit gates are open)

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• ThePsyCrow
    ThePsyCrow Member Posts: 3

For me if comes down to some scenarios

1. If the survivor team is gonna troll the killer, not work on objectives and body block the killer and the whole team keeps saving people, then its just making my job as a killer more easy. It would be stupid to leave if you got 3 survivors right in the area. Better to camp and kill one in that scenario.

2. The killer itself matters. If you have a Trapper, Hag, Nurse or Hillbilly for example that can lay traps, or move considerable distances, you don't have to camp very much because of the mobility. For some of the other classes, you have to be in that nearby proximity to be effective. By the time you find or hunt down someone else, the person is unhooked and your back to square one.

3. Camping/Tunneling a person to cut down on 1 survivor makes a world of a difference, with 4 on the playing field they can hit so many more generators, and by the time you get one person hooked, 2 generators could be finished. Kill 1 and cut down on the losses. 1 or 2 survivors versus 4 on a generator makes a world of difference and they can't be as gutsy and bold if they want to escape.

4. If the generators are done, and you haven't got anyone at all, and you manage to hook one, it would be pointless to walk away from getting some points, but to give "a fighting chance". I call BS on that, if they didn't make it out or could escape at any moment, then its their own fault for not leaving when they have a chance.

5 The Map itself makes a difference. Blackwater swamp is the hardest map to get survivors so if you get one by all means take them out.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

1.) There's an open gate nearby

2.) I hear something. Usually a breathe, grass movement, or footsteps.

3.) Scratch marks that run to the hook but don't leave.

4.) Last second flashlight swapping punks that just follow me the entire match and do nothing but attempt to blind me as I turn around EVERY GOD DAMN CORNER.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@bruhtrain said:
    To all killers what’s your reason to camp? (I camp when all gens are done, both exit gates are open)

When both exits are open, I dont camp, I just wait in front of the hook that the game ends.
    If gens pop too quick, I will use a hooked survivor as bait.
    If I am versing an overalutristic SWF, you know whats gonna happen :wink:

basically, camping during the game is just a mindgame. You gotta estimate whether it works against the current group of survivors

• Venom_91
    Venom_91 Member Posts: 13

I camp when the survivor team trolling too much, teabagging or maybe when a survivor looping and the others made 3-4 gens :D

• Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@Venom_91 said:
    I camp when the survivor team trolling too much, teabagging or maybe when a survivor looping and the others made 3-4 gens :D

so you camp when survivors do objectives and you are in a chase, sounds like you always camp. The killer is meant to stop the survivor from doing the objectives just like the pallet looping stops killers from completing their own objective of kills.
    my problem is gens take to short of a time and need extra time or killers need more buffs, especially killers that are not viable at high ranks.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Taelance said:

@Venom_91 said:

so you camp when survivors do objectives and you are in a chase, sounds like you always camp. The killer is meant to stop the survivor from doing the objectives just like the pallet looping stops killers from completing their own objective of kills.
    my problem is gens take to short of a time and need extra time or killers need more buffs, especially killers that are not viable at high ranks.

No, he camps when the Survivors are trolling too much, teabagging, and looping. Can't you read?

• Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@Orion said:

@Taelance said:

@Venom_91 said:

No, he camps when the Survivors are trolling too much, teabagging, and looping. Can't you read?

what is looping? looping a pallet?

that is what survivors are meant to do obviously why should they drop pallets down straight away?

read your own comment "and looping" they should loop and like I said if you don't like it follow them and force them to drop it, don't be an idiot and try mind gaming, never works on me that is. I had a killer that got bloodlust 3 and could still not hit me. Don't bother trying to mind game as soon as they drop it. Which is why I love brutal strength but I do think there are too many pallets in the game

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113

because i want to

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27

because i like seeing the world burn

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I camp for a few reasons.
    1) Its just logical, the gens are done so leaving means there off the hook and a gate will be open and the sausage gone before I can get back.
    2) I think there rushing the hook, so I start to leave then double back trying get a free hit in.
    3) Rarely when some one has been nothing but a pain all game (clicking that flash light, tbagig, loop loop de loop, general toxicity), and yes its MY fault for not changing targets... but I really just wanna see this guy die if hes got under my skin that point.
    4) I have just been completely outplayed and I darn well know it, I tip my hat and just take what I can get.

This discussion has been closed.